dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
industrial engineering is basically industrial analysis; you forecast volume, develop operating plans, create work standards/goals for the ops to follow, troubleshoot problem operations, and generally serve as the support for division managers and above

IE is the favorite scapegoat for the chronically bad-at-math people this company retains for god knows why
You forecast...like a weather man...we all know how often they're right...no wonder I get crapped on every day.

J92

IE has been irrelevant since 1992.

All of those certs are meaningless and don't make you stand out at all. Sorry to be blunt, but it's true.

Every PT Sup is ESTA and Yard Certified. Hazmat acceptance auditor or responder? Just doing the hazmat module is worthless. Again something everybody does.

Get your DOT and do your 30. That will help you. PT On Roads is a new thing going around the company with Saturday delivery. That may provide an opportunity. Called Flex.

Thanks for all the information. What's doing my 30? I'm working on the DOT currently.

J92

Your raises will be yearly following your annual review. How much you get is a percentage of your current hourly wage. If you score highly on your review you'll get a better raise. Something like 3-5%.

You won't get pay raises for being ESTA certified (every supervisor is ESTA certified) nor for being an acceptance auditor/trainer, a responder, or even LLAR certified.

As for benefits you get healthcare (that you pay for) and 401k. Tuition reimbursement is also a thing.

3-5% on a hourly wage isn't much. I'm taking advantage of the tuition reimbursement for my CPA at the moment. 401k and health insurance suck here. Any other benefits?

J92

You probably got your degree from auburn that's your problem right there boy.

No. I actually got my degree from a top business school. I triple majored and double minored around business areas. You would think that would be enough to land a decent career.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
No. I actually got my degree from a top business school. I triple majored and double minored around business areas. You would think that would be enough to land a decent career.
I make more than 90% of my friends with degrees and I'm not even top scale yet...it's crazy out there

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
With the exception of a few jobs in this company, what your degree is in is meaningless. I majored in Commercial Aviation. Have my licenses and rated to fly jets. Literally nothing of what I learned is applicable to my daily job. Experience drives advancement here.