Brian D. Sicknick

Babagounj

Strength through joy
And the Capital riot the first direct attack on the center of US democracy in more than 200 years was performed by right wing extremists made worse by a US president who egged them on and did nothing to stop it until people died and more than 30 million dollars of damage was inflicted on federal property.
So why are Antifa thugs bragging about all they accomplished at the Capitol ?

vantexan

Go back and read the inventory of weapons stated by Capital police having been found on the property. Every credible witness and every law enforcement official who testified at the hearing plainly stated that the intent was to kidnap and or to kill those public officials who stood in the way of keeping Trump in office. What do you think those gallows erected outside was going to be used for? A Halloween decoration?

Another focal point of the hearing was the clear intelligence failure which served to be perhaps the biggest embarrassment to the FBI since 9-11. Just about the worst thing any person could do to themselves is to humiliate the bureau and by doing so end up on the feces list of a bunch of angry FBI agents who have set out to settle the score.
Again, were there guns used by the rioters Jan. 6th?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Why is it that you guys keep going back to prior isolated incidents and this past summer's city riots as a means to downplay if not flat out dismiss the Capital riot? It is being treated as an insurrection with more people being charged almost everyday. There will be more to come and will be charged accordingly . Just as I was not capable of stopping Rosenberg you are not able to stop the ongoing campaign to apprehend charge and prosecute the parties responsible to the Capital riot..... And BTW....Trump lost....'There was no widespread election fraud"..... Mitch McConnell.
Because it wasn't a standalone incident. If the GOVERNMENT fails to respond to rioting, property destruction, and loss of life, IT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED. That is the legacy you liberals have created.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So in your opinion 800 people storming the Capital building was a lie?

Most were let in, and didn't know they were not supposed to be there. Wandering around taking selfies with capitol police sounds like an awesome insurrection to me. Wonder if things would have been different if the FBI had told Pelosi about the plans they uncovered for that day.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
If it caused a policeman's death is it not a lethal weapon?
If

Brian shouldnt have been bear sprayed but its not like the man had a gun or a knife. Bear spray is usually a repellant isnt it? Idk never used it

I'll say it again I'm not opposed to the radicals going to jail. I dont think he would be charged with a lethal weapon tho. Idk not a lawyer

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If

Brian shouldnt have been bear sprayed but its not like the man had a gun or a knife. Bear spray is usually a repellant isnt it? Idk never used it

I'll say it again I'm not opposed to the radicals going to jail. I dont think he would be charged with a lethal weapon tho. Idk not a lawyer
From the photo that was released , it could have been anyone under all that clothing.
That raise the possibility that any lawyer would suggest that not their client was the offender.
{ reasonable doubt }

bacha29

Again, were there guns used by the rioters Jan. 6th?
The list of items determined to be offensive weapons and are banned from capital grounds are NOT limited to firearms. Moreover following the first arrests the question then turned to "how did they get here"? The found their cars later with firearms in them.

bacha29

Again that's not true. Puerto Rican separatists opened fire on Congress back in the 50's. And were there guns used Jan 6th by rioters?
Tell me something. Do you consider this past summer's city riots to be an affront to American values? Secondly, do consider the 1-6 Capital riot to be likewise an affront to those same American values? If your answer is "yes" to the former but "no" to the later then please tell me what separates one from the other?

The reason I asked is that it would appear that you've taken your considerable skills as a corporate apologist and have applied them to a new skill as an insurrection apologist.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Tell me something. Do you consider this past summer's city riots to be an affront to American values? Secondly, do consider the 1-6 Capital riot to be likewise an affront to those same American values? If your answer is "yes" to the former but "no" to the later then please tell me what separates one from the other?

The reason I asked is that it would appear that you've taken your considerable skills as a corporate apologist and have applied them to a new skill as an insurrection apologist.
And you have double standards.

Rational people consider BOTH to be criminal acts, even if one of them has more viability as a proper response.