"BROTHERHOOD" in International Brotherhood of Teamsters has been Broken-RIP 2013

The Milkman

The thing is the brothers and sisters work much harder now then those of the past. Back before all of this technology, air commits, pickup time windows etc people could actually milk it.

Got my Handle from my co workers...it was still Hell dealing with maps, pagers in the early days, crappier trucks etc...It may seem harder now but many a retiree I saw leave from my local had many physical problems as they limped out the door, bum knees , backs etc..remember those knee high steps in the old 6 & 800's? We had commit times when the NDA came out in 82, and the green sheets every morning with our #'s, but as you know it got earlier and earlier. You still to this day earn your pay and benefits, and many think it is a cushy job just riding around all day........Little do they know..

Stonefish

I love how you try to mix up numbers. I spoke of 396 and 396 only. NOT 72%, you want to talk about the entire teamster membership as if "I" or anyone else has that kind of influence?

Secondly, I campaigned for a YES vote on the second go round. This is on the record on these threads.

In OUR local, the vote was a split, almost 50/50, and as I said, the membership in OUR local is very unhappy with this contract.

Regardless of the total vote count, this has nothing to do with our membership in 396.

I restricted my comments to local 396 and did not include any other locals totals.

If you didnt understand what I had written in the first place, then just say so.

Now, remember, youre not suppose to drink the bongwater.. 407 should have given you better advice.

TOS.
They obviously weren't very unhappy, it passed in YOUR local. VERY unhappy it would have failed.
The total vote count does have something to do with your local because it passed by 72% total.
Sounds like you have tried the bongwater. How is it?

Stonefish

Got my Handle from my co workers...it was still Hell dealing with maps, pagers in the early days, crappier trucks etc...It may seem harder now but many a retiree I saw leave from my local had many physical problems as they limped out the door, bum knees , backs etc..remember those knee high steps in the old 6 & 800's? We had commit times when the NDA came out in 82, and the green sheets every morning with our #'s, but as you know it got earlier and earlier. You still to this day earn your pay and benefits, and many think it is a cushy job just riding around all day........Little do they know..
If you started 30 years ago or 30 days ago the job is tough everyone in the bargaining unit earns every penny they make.

The Milkman

They obviously weren't very unhappy, it passed in YOUR local. VERY unhappy it would have failed.
The total vote count does have something to do with your local because it passed by 72% total.
Sounds like you have tried the bongwater. How is it?

Are you Happy? I still speak to many of my old co workers, Many still think the givebacks however so small end up adding up to big picture of Big Brown making more $$$ and wanting to get every ounce of blood from the current guys/gals..has always been that way. What's wrong with keeping the medical benefits the same? Any pension increase will be needed to pay for your future Medical costs. So when your time comes you may look back and by that time it will be too late to get any benefits that were bargained away that you may well need. Yes started back in 81 and everyone busts their butts daily in and out..Do you? Everyone earns their benefits, why give them back when UPS has and will continue to make Billions and afford to keep the board well fed? Part timers since I started really need to get involved with the Union, the results are now showing up.......And have been for some time...

Stonefish

Are you Happy? I still speak to many of my old co workers, Many still think the givebacks however so small end up adding up to big picture of Big Brown making more $$$ and wanting to get every ounce of blood from the current guys/gals..has always been that way. What's wrong with keeping the medical benefits the same? Any pension increase will be needed to pay for your future Medical costs. So when your time comes you may look back and by that time it will be too late to get any benefits that were bargained away that you may well need. Yes started back in 81 and everyone busts their butts daily in and out..Do you? Everyone earns their benefits, why give them back when UPS has and will continue to make Billions and afford to keep the board well fed? Part timers since I started really need to get involved with the Union, the results are now showing up.......And have been for some time...
Am I happy? Yes
UPS might make more $$$. Don't you want them to? Or should we be like the YRC members?
Yes I do work hard every day just like everyone else that was part of one of my other posts even the person they consider the least best employee works their butt off.
I agree part-time employees need to get involved as do the full-time. Not just at contract time.
So many times I ask co-workers to write a statement about an issue and they don't want to get involved then they want to blame the union and our business agent. That's wrong so I do agree people need to get involved even if we don't agree with each other on the issue. The problem is people want to sit on their hands then complain.

The Milkman

Am I happy? Yes
UPS might make more $$$. Don't you want them to? Or should we be like the YRC members?
Yes I do work hard every day just like everyone else that was part of one of my other posts even the person they consider the least best employee works their butt off.
I agree part-time employees need to get involved as do the full-time. Not just at contract time.
So many times I ask co-workers to write a statement about an issue and they don't want to get involved then they want to blame the union and our business agent. That's wrong so I do agree people need to get involved even if we don't agree with each other on the issue. The problem is people want to sit on their hands then complain.

So right about not wanting to get involved.........

The thing is the brothers and sisters work much harder now then those of the past. Back before all of this technology, air commits, pickup time windows etc people could actually milk it.
Of all the posters on this site I'm proud of nobody more that this man. He is a man of great wisdom. God bless you brownmonster. You take care of your children and have truly shown me something about the worker at ups. On Wisconsin

Everyone_has_a_Price

No it isn't your responsibility. Just sit back and complain. Upstate thinks it's a waste when the local mails updates to the members to keep them informed. Do you feel the same?

I do not. I think it is a great way. But with the internet these days people get most of there information from it. I go to meetings because I like my information in person. But even those no one knows when they are because they don't tell the members. Its sad when i go and all the Staters guys and other companies out ratio Ups 4-1

Stonefish

I do not. I think it is a great way. But with the internet these days people get most of there information from it. I go to meetings because I like my information in person. But even those no one knows when they are because they don't tell the members. Its sad when i go and all the Staters guys and other companies out ratio Ups 4-1
Our meetings are posted on the bulletin boards and on our website. I am sorry but I don't understand your last sentence.

Everyone_has_a_Price

Ya those bulletin boards in the Ontario air hub are collecting dust. The new building I am in has only 13 workers, 10 drivers, no sups. they dont know crap there, Lucky for me I live next to a BA so I get info first and relay it to our steward and the building.