Burned it up today.

SanguiniusII

I’m a first year driver and I am covering for a guy on vacation this week. Freakin’ crushed it. Had my deliveries done 40 minutes before pickups. Called my sup and asked if they can throw some more stops on this thing the rest of the week. It’s so rewarding being good at your job and knowing management has my back.

Which pamphlet did you read this out of?

clean hairy

I didn’t run the whole day. I only ran when I got to my resi’s. Part of me wants to eat lunch sometimes but I want to keep impressing management and hopefully they’ll start to see how much I care and challenge me with super heavy stop counts. This is not my first job, I’ve worked at places where management was not on my side. It’s just refreshing to represent a place of employment that respects me, has my best interest in mind and would do anything and everything they can to train me to be the best employee that I can be.
You come in 60 minutes early to work for free to set up your truck to impress management as well?

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Well they need to send him a message. Leave him hang out to dry and let him clock out at 21:30 a couple times next week.
What are you talking about? Send what message? Hang him out to dry because he takes his lunch and breaks like he is supposed to?

You're more likely to get in trouble falsifying your records and not complying with the rest policy.

You may think you're a better driver, but you're not ACTUALLY faster. You're just working for free during your rest periods. Which is actually the exact opposite of "safe by choice." Enjoy your 5 year career, you'll be broke down busted by then, and you'll be replaced by another jackrabbit like yourself. UPS will be glad to see you go by then too.

Brohn Bron

Hahahahahaha. Keep hitting hard. Why? It doesn't do anything. You get no reward. You get nothing. Except a small paycheck. If you wanna work twice as hard as me to make 40k a year. Knock yourself out.

Could not disagree more! My paychecks on average reflect 7 hrs of overtime pay and 7 hrs of bonus pay plus my 40 straight time. On top of that, I still clock out 2-3 hrs of guarantee pay per week.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Could not disagree more! My paychecks on average reflect 7 hrs of overtime pay and 7 hrs of bonus pay plus my 40 straight time. On top of that, I still clock out 2-3 hrs of guarantee pay per week.
You have your own route? I used to work in a bonus center before I transferred. It was almost impossible to get bonus, unless you have your own route that you know like the back of your hand and you go out and absolutely kill yourself and do shady short cuts all day. The o.p. might not work in a bonus center. There are only a few left.

Indecisi0n

Gif-Images-of-a-Silly-Dance-1.gif

Brohn Bron

You have your own route? I used to work in a bonus center before I transferred. It was almost impossible to get bonus, unless you have your own route that you know like the back of your hand and you go out and absolutely kill yourself and do shady short cuts all day. The o.p. might not work in a bonus center. There are only a few left.

Lol No route, my friend! The routes available to me for bid were no good for committing to long term. Much better to just float around and pick off vacation routes.

IESucks

I’m a first year driver and I am covering for a guy on vacation this week. Freakin’ crushed it. Had my deliveries done 40 minutes before pickups. Called my sup and asked if they can throw some more stops on this thing the rest of the week. It’s so rewarding being good at your job and knowing management has my back.
Only 29 years left!

Safebychoice

Burned it up today and got burned. Finished my Saturday route around 4:15 and had to basically do a pickup log off another driver that was behind. Pickups at two malls and some machine factory. Clocked out at 20:30.