By Invitation Only

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My neighbor mowed his grass yesterday and again today. He had it resodded 2 weeks ago because a tree trimmer boogered his grass up a little. He is obsessed with his yard. I see him out there before daylight picking weeds with a flashlight. lol.
20190416_071706.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I’d trust the vertical beams more than the horizontal.

I learned back in my tree trimming days not to trust them at all.
After Hurricane Sandy and having a few near misses from hitting the house, I had the trees cut to half the size. You are right about not trusting them, so much weight there.

oldngray

nowhere special
After Hurricane Sandy and having a few near misses from hitting the house, I had the trees cut to half the size. You are right about not trusting them, so much weight there.
I had a big limb from a silver maple break off in a ice storm and knock a hole in my roof.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Back in the day we had an old loud mouth clerk that had a PA microphone on her desk that blasted all over the building

About once a month somebody would call and ask for Mike Hunt

She’d get on that PA and yell Mike Hunt line 2. :censored2: never did catch on
Lmao

542thruNthru

Oh yea. Slow release and greening. Ask @542thruNthru how it did for him.

No good in cold weather though. It needs the microbes to break it down. I use it in the late spring and summer, then I use synthetic until late fall.

Yep and my grass is looking great.
20190812_181633.jpg

Well at least much better then it does during summer.

And his 8 sq ft of lawn.

Saves more time for drinking. Yeah yeah I need a support group. Blow me Cardinals fan. ;)

I already asked him once if that was a fertilizer and he yelled at me because the picture he had posted of a bag of it said "fertilizer" right on it. :-)--or at least someone did.

You remember correctly. @Wally posted a picture that said "fertilizer" on the bag and you asked "is that fertilizer?"

In Arizona they use artificial turf. Looks like crap to me. I used to get a kick out of visiting my mother-in-law at her retirement park in Casa Grande, Az. and watching all the old geezers rake their rocks. When she moved out I kept her rock rake----just in case some day it might be my turn. :-)

We have a lot of that out here also. You can always tell the cheapskates. They don't pay a professional to do it. They just lay fake grass on the dirt and in 3 months it has weeds popping up everywhere. The real fake grass jobs are concrete underneath to channel water to a drain when it rains.

In the recession people painted their grass. :)
Lawn-Spray-Paint.jpg