can i get my job back

Missmyjob

This is key! If no steward was there then it's like your resignation never happened.

It sounds like they bullied you into quitting. My guess is they have a reason to want to get rid of you other than the drugs. So they took their shot and it worked.
They attempted to do the same to me and my test would have been clean as a whistle but I was never given any test or resign options its all so messed up sometimes

Dhydratd

They attempted to do the same to me and my test would have been clean as a whistle but I was never given any test or resign options its all so messed up sometimes
Shut your laptop, grab your cell phone and call your local union hall!! If you truly want to keep your job, then you shouldn't be asking for advice on an internet forum. Your local is there to help you! Jeez!!!!!! Damn Millennials!

TheFigurehead

What exactly does week, smell like?

At UPS? Operational ineptitude and profiteering.

The reason they don't do it everywhere is that the employee came in high, putting himself and possibly others at risk.

UPS has little compassion for these types of employees.

Have you ever worked a sort? These employees are the company. Pretty much everyone not behind the wheel (and even some of them) is a "stoner." We have an older guy who, 3 days out of 5, comes in smelling like he bathed in old bong water. The only way to get fired over it is to come to work obviously impaired to the point of not being able to do the job, or for someone to be desperate to get rid of you... I mean, let's face it... you could pick anyone from a night time sort or preload and 8 times out of 10, you'll get a test positive for something. We're not hiring the best and brightest here at UPS.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
At UPS? Operational ineptitude and profiteering.

Have you ever worked a sort? These employees are the company. Pretty much everyone not behind the wheel (and even some of them) is a "stoner." We have an older guy who, 3 days out of 5, comes in smelling like he bathed in old bong water. The only way to get fired over it is to come to work obviously impaired to the point of not being able to do the job, or for someone to be desperate to get rid of you... I mean, let's face it... you could pick anyone from a night time sort or preload and 8 times out of 10, you'll get a test positive for something. We're not hiring the best and brightest here at UPS.
some have the wrong package

Missmyjob

Shut your laptop, grab your cell phone and call your local union hall!! If you truly want to keep your job, then you shouldn't be asking for advice on an internet forum. Your local is there to help you! Jeez!!!!!! Damn Millennials!
Never given the correct contact information to reach rep

Faceplanted

I used to come into work lit like a kite. I loaded 400-500pph and never had misloads

Was it dumb.... ya... was it dangerous....no

Now and days it's "medication" so there is that

LeadBelly

Banned
i was pulled in for a drug test, reasonable suspicion as a preloader, a supervisor said i smelled of week. I did not refuse the test, it would have been positive. i was given the option to resign rather than be terminated. I resigned. I would like to reverse that and go to rehab if possible and go through the company's follow up program if there is such a thing. i am not sure if that is possible.
If it’s for reasonable cause and you resigned you are done. You have to admit you need help before the initial reasonable cause. They probably asked you if you wanted to resign and they might not have asked you if you wanted your steward. You can always file a grievance. Call your local union and tell them what transpired. Tell them you want to file a grievance. If you are able to come back, and that’s a big if you will need to refrain from smoking tree, as you will be in the SAP program.

Refused/NR3

Marijuana is a terrible habit to have and unfortunately it cost you your job/carreer that you will NOT be getting back. Take it as a life lesson learned grow the friend up.

Faceplanted

Marijuana is a terrible habit to have and unfortunately it cost you your job/carreer that you will NOT be getting back. Take it as a life lesson learned grow the friend up.
But drinking a 6 pack and 5 shots after work is ok...

I no longer smoke, and honestly hate it now, but let's be logical and serious for a sec.