Can RPCD's be forced to work weekends during peak?

Faceplanted

In the south, the contract stated that the work week for full time package drivers is 5 consecutive days. Use that language to your advantage

Also, all of you absolute pusillanimous simple just need to call in on Saturday, or your 6th report and tell them “I am too fatigued to work”. That’s it. Case closed. I only worked 1 sat during peak last year because I wanted to. I called in the other Saturday’s and simply said I was too fatigued and could not work. They can’t do anything.

rebel87

Sure, if they have hours available. If you have 62.5 hours in the new contract that you are willing to strike over they can NOT work you.
If i start work at 9 am and work till 10 monday - friday, i will have 60 hours( 1 hr lunch). UPS can then force me to work Sat. Thats not happening and one of the reasons i am voting no. Anything over 60 should be on a voluntary basis. Tony, a simple fix would be to hire more seasonal drivers and use more driver helpers. I have been at UPS for 32 years and have never been forced to work Saturday. I am not going to start now.

Faceplanted

If i start work at 9 am and work till 10 monday - friday, i will have 60 hours( 1 hr lunch). UPS can then force me to work Sat. Thats not happening and one of the reasons i am voting no. Anything over 60 should be on a voluntary basis. Tony, a simple fix would be to hire more seasonal drivers and use more driver helpers. I have been at UPS for 32 years and have never been forced to work Saturday. I am not going to start now.
No they can’t. “I’m too fatigued to work”. That’s all you gotta say.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Sure, if they have hours available. If you have 62.5 hours in the new contract that you are willing to strike over they can NOT work you.
Let’s say you have 62 hours? Can they force you? Isn’t the law 70 in 8 days? What about the restart? What about your m-Friday schedule?

Tony Q

Sounds like such a great deal? To who?
If it’s a dot law what do you want. We went from have no language on the issue to now having language. Now in the social media age everything is criticized. You don’t go from having no language to the best ever. Sorry if you think this is how it works, but it’s not.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
If it’s a dot law what do you want?** We went from having*** no language on the issue to now having language. Now in the social media age everything is criticized. You don’t go from having no language to the best ever. Sorry if you think this is how it works, but it’s not.

fixed it for you buddy

Tony Q

Let’s say you have 62 hours? Can they force you? Isn’t the law 70 in 8 days? What about the restart? What about your m-Friday schedule?
Swing that you can’t go over 70 hours and you would have 62 hours in, I’m pretty sure you can do the math. If you would argue that they can’t then that’s what the grievance procedure is for.

Tony Q

They can do that now everywhere.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
If it’s a dot law what do you want. We went from have no language on the issue to now having language. Now in the social media age everything is criticized. You don’t go from having no language to the best ever. Sorry if you think this is how it works, but it’s not.
So, our language mirrors what the law is? Well, I hope you guys didn’t hurt yourselves coming up with that! How many days did it take to negotiate that? And....thanks!?

Tony Q

So, our language mirrors what the law is? Well, I hope you guys didn’t hurt yourselves coming up with that! How many days did it take to negotiate that? And....thanks!?
Our language gives us rights that we did not have before. The law superseded our rights before under the contract.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Swing that you can’t go over 70 hours and you would have 62 hours in, I’m pretty sure you can do the math. If you would argue that they can’t then that’s what the grievance procedure is for.
Soooo for 70, that means a driver works Monday to Monday with Tuesday Wednesday off. A violation of the schedule of all RPCD’s being Monday to Friday. Got it!

rebel87

They can do that now everywhere.
They have not done it here. Last year Sat was on a voluntary basis. Some worked, some didnt but it was the employees decision.
DOT law is for truck drivers that run a couple stops a day not for a package car driver running 200 stops a day and lifting packages up to 150 pds. This contract will be voted down big time and this is 1 of the reasons. Why not hire more seasonal drivers and driver helpers at a discounted rate?