Can RPCD's be forced to work weekends during peak?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
If it’s the law and we are under the dot what would you propose? In fact what was your proposal on the issue?
60 max was my proposal. My local wiped their asses with all of our proposals. The double time is irrelevant, after working that many hours, you get crushed by Uncle Sam you nit wit. People who aren’t in a union have seventy hour weeks in eight language too. What did you do for us?

rebel87

If it’s the law and we are under the dot what would you propose? In fact what was your proposal on the issue?
This DOT law should pertain to drivers with a CDL license not package car drivers(chauffeur license). Package cars drivers should not be required to work over 60 hrs a week. That is too much wear and tear on the body. Over 60 hrs should be on a voluntary basis only. Thats how it has always been here. Truck drivers sit in there air conditioned trucks and run a few stops a day. Thats what the Dot law is for, not for drivers sweating there ass off running 200 stops a day and lifting 150 pd boxes. 70 hours is not safe for package car drivers. UPS can keep there double time and use that money to hire more drivers.

Tony Q

This DOT law should pertain to drivers with a CDL license not package car drivers(chauffeur license). Package cars drivers should not be required to work over 60 hrs a week. That is too much wear and tear on the body. Over 60 hrs should be on a voluntary basis only. Thats how it has always been here. Truck drivers sit in there air conditioned trucks and run a few stops a day. Thats what the Dot law is for, not for drivers sweating there ass off running 200 stops a day and lifting 150 pd boxes. 70 hours is not safe for package car drivers. UPS can keep there double time and use that money to hire more drivers.
The law is the law. It’s not what it should be, it’s the law. We don’t live in fantasy land we live in the real world.

Tony Q

60 max was my proposal. My local wiped their asses with all of our proposals. The double time is irrelevant, after working that many hours, you get crushed by Uncle Sam you nit wit. People who aren’t in a union have seventy hour weeks in eight language too. What did you do for us?
Nit wit?

babboo25

Banned
You seem to think it’s about money. It’s about quality of life.
How many times did you actually work over 60 hours? I did once, peak is gravy to me, have a helper for atleast 30 of those hours, yes it sucks getting home after 10pm I get it. Double time will be great, guarantee you I’ll milk that for all I can, UPS knows we will.

Tony Q

You are wrong. They try and fail. Now they just beg us to come in. You could have gotten that for everyone but you didn’t. So don’t come here and say this little crumb is the best you could do.
Oh you’ll get something else. A new business model, coming soon.

rebel87

The law is the law. It’s not what it should be, it’s the law. We don’t live in fantasy land we live in the real world.
Fantasy land is thinking this contract is going to pass. How about looking at how we fix the language so the contract does pass once they go back to the table.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
A5F649F6-A14A-4D73-99BD-F9192DAB8A49.gif

Tony Q

Fantasy land is thinking this contract is going to pass. How about looking at how we fix the language so the contract does pass once they go back to the table.

I don’t think it will pass

I think it’s going to end bad.

I think we are in for a long strike.

I think UPS will change their business model.

I know anyone affiliated with UPS is going to feel great pains moving forward.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
387791D7-8869-4A8F-A6F4-B59B9F5A8F3E.gif
We have to stay well ahead of FedX. I don't think it is right for any of us to refuse weekend work during peak. We would get back logged way to quick and you are putting the pressure all on your fellow teamsters who don't have the seniority to say no for weekends. Might as well get the overtime now before it is forced 8.5. Everyone hates the overtime until its taken away and your shopping sprees are cut down sense most live well above there means.
But the question is are we going to have enough pre and unload part timers to cover the weekends

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
I guarantee there will be. See I know what’s next buddy. I know UPS isn’t bending to us anymore. I know that last contract they got scared and they are ready for the doomsday scenario. They will paint you as the problem. It was nice while it lasted.

I don’t even work there anymore and I know there won’t be a strike.