Can someone explain this corporate decision?

MendozaJ

Saturday volunteers that came to clean up their route for Monday were told that Monday packages were, in fact, not being delivered today. They cut routes, used drivers as helpers, and left thousands of stops in the building. There were plenty of volunteers so each driver could have easily gotten a car with 100 stops.

My theory is that Monday would have been too light if they allowed us to clean up today, so why pay time and a half now when they can just give us an eight hour load on Monday at regular pay. With all the extra loads running Christmas Eve (don't want some snowflake tweeting how UPS ruined their Christmas because their kids' gifts never arrived), they would have been spread too thin with work.

But if I'm blown out on Monday with 250 stops, and they think I'm going to run so I can be home early for Christmas Eve, they've got another thing coming. Estimated bldg return time: 2300

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Saturday volunteers that came to clean up their route for Monday were told that Monday packages were, in fact, not being delivered today. They cut routes, used drivers as helpers, and left thousands of stops in the building. There were plenty of volunteers so each driver could have easily gotten a car with 100 stops.

My theory is that Monday would have been too light if they allowed us to clean up today, so why pay time and a half now when they can just give us an eight hour load on Monday at regular pay. With all the extra loads running Christmas Eve (don't want some snowflake tweeting how UPS ruined their Christmas because their kids' gifts never arrived), they would have been spread too thin with work.

But if I'm blown out on Monday with 250 stops, and they think I'm going to run so I can be home early for Christmas Eve, they've got another thing coming. Estimated bldg return time: 2300

Yeah that’ll show’em

The boss will be home

You think he cares

IESucks

They don't care...and in time you won't either

Indecisi0n

While you are out delivering in the cold all night your center manager will be warm at home with his family laughing and having a great time. The last thing on his mind will be you.

That's exactly why they did it

The Driver

I drive.
While you are out delivering in the cold all night your center manager will be warm at home with his family laughing and having a great time. The last thing on his mind will be you.

His Center Manager:

center manager.jpg

OP:

driver.jpg

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I get done when I get done. I have no use for Christmas and I live 10 minutes from the building. Its just another work day to me.

I'll work til 5 or 10. Its their call when they choose their plan.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I haven't got off early on Christmas Eve for years, I don't expect Monday will be any different. It will be straight time with the weekend reset so that's why everything possible wasn't delivered today. My golf cart helper got fired Friday and I doubt my PVD driver will show up at all.

Indecisi0n

I haven't got off early on Christmas Eve for years, I don't expect Monday will be any different. It will be straight time with the weekend reset so that's why everything possible wasn't delivered today. My golf cart helper got fired Friday and I doubt my PVD driver will show up at all.
I am sure this year they will take care of you .I feel it in my heart .

rod

Retired 22 years
Damn just how much help do you need? Have I told you lately how tough we had it?

They was asking everyone to work time worked here

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We can't afford to deliver christmas packages on time anymore.
I checked mondays actual volume after friday sortation... 140 pieces per car. This number generally triples or quadruples after monday preload. So I'd estimate an average piece count of 400-500 per car.

This is just a spit in the wind here.
But it would be downright scummy to drown us again. after having cleaned up all our missed pieces on friday.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Damn just how much help do you need? Have I told you lately how tough we had it?
I'm using three helpers this year and about a third of my regular route goes to another driver on a special seasonal run. Usually my route has 150 stops a day, Peak Day my whole area got about 500 stops. I'm all residential in a mostly nice area. Have I told you lately how tough it still is? :wornout: