Cancel culture—-ON TOPIC

Supersoaker

Proud Republican Against Trump (RAT)
Can we please move on?
Sorry man. I know this makes for some bad reading.

I will move on.

My point is that both parties are engaging in cancel culture. Its just a sign of the times. Claiming that one party is the sole practitioner of it is missing the point and entirely disingenuous.

I really like a particular musical artist but his work is well, quite uh, not PC. I agree with his view that art is like a child that you give birth to at a particular time and should not be destroyed because the times change.

Song of the South? It may have been a little overboard, Dumbo too. I understand Disney not wanting to rerelease them. Nobody made them illegal. Nobody is changing history.

There are tons of other racially insensitive cartoons that are currently playing on the Disney Channel. I fully support Disney's treatment of them. They put a disclaimer at the front. Twelve seconds and it can't be skipped. It basically says, hey, "this is how it was."

I find it a wise and moderate choice.

Supersoaker

Right right, "lacking context", that's a favorite of left wing "fact checkers".
And, apparently, you.

1614035136165.png

El Correcto

god is dead
Don't try to make this about the NYT. It is about your poor logic skills and inability to admit that I owned you. I did, regardless of your ridiculous assertion otherwise.

This was your assertion: Yesterday's New York Slimes front page shows a death count and completely leaves out the massive drop in cases..... Why do you think that is?

I posted a graph which runs on the front webpage of the Times ever day. it was this graph below.

Here is the big bold graph which I posted this morning.

View attachment 329240

It is one of the first things on the site and has been for months.

Then @DriveInDriveOut posted the article that he claimed: shows a death count and completely leaves out the massive drop in cases.....

The article notes the decrease in the fourth paragraph, which is also the fourth sentence.

So I win, ipso facto.

Sorry to go on about it. All he had to do was admit he was incorrect.
I pegged you as a BBC and NPR type of Republiberal, I never thought you would go all out on defending the New York slime’s bias.

Tell me how do you feel about the Citizen’s United decision?

Supersoaker

I pegged you as a BBC and NPR type of Republiberal, I never thought you would go all out on defending the New York slime’s bias.

Tell me how do you feel about the Citizen’s United decision?
Yet I know a whole lot about what was playing on Newsmax last night or yesterday's New York Post article and what Tucker Carlson said last night, don't I? I doubt if most people these days can comprehend what I am without feeling the need to pigeonhole me and "cancel" me. But some of you guys are having a real, real hard time.

I haven't said anything about the NYT's bias, I have merely corrected factual misstatements about their reporting. Your opinion on their bias is negated when you can't even factually discuss their reporting correctly.

I have complicated feelings on Citizens United and I am losing interest at this time in the idea of discussing them with anybody coming at me in bad faith as you are. And I don't currently feel like submitting myself to your litmus test.

Hit me up about it later. I have a family to go eat dinner with.

El Correcto

god is dead
Yet I know a whole lot about what was playing on Newsmax last night or yesterday's New York Post article and what Tucker Carlson said last night, don't I? I doubt if most people these days can comprehend what I am without feeling the need to pigeonhole me and "cancel" me. But some of you guys are having a real, real hard time.

I haven't said anything about the NYT's bias, I have merely corrected factual misstatements about their reporting. Your opinion on their bias is negated when you can't even factually discuss their reporting correctly.

I have complicated feelings on Citizens United and I am losing interest at this time in the idea of discussing them with anybody coming at me in bad faith as you are. And I don't currently feel like submitting myself to your litmus test.

Hit me up about it later. I have a family to go eat dinner with.
Oh okay, I’ll see you later brown army.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Why does everyone love Orwell. Do you guys think he was some type of messiah? He wrote some good books, get over it, not everything is big brother. Not playing racist tv shows is not controlling people’s minds. You can find all the racist content you want online, it’s not hard to find.
Couldn't find you a 55 gal. drum, but here.

images-1.jpg

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Disney is fighting a losing battle. I predict The Muppets will disappear soon.
Disney lost that battle in California last year. I don’t care how many of my exes have a Disney+ subscription, never in this lifetime do I expect myself to be able to afford a yearly pass to Disneyland and it still exists…

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
@floridays Good evening sir how you doin
Believe it or not I’m a little bit under the influence could you please tell me what this thread is about and how I can help. It looks stupid even coming from someone who’s seeing double

rickyb

View attachment 329244
what a joke. they shouldve never been allowed to have that kind of market share / domination to begin with. talk about inefficiency.

amazon also scrubs 1 star reviews of politically connected allies.