Cancel culture—-ON TOPIC

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
my physics teacher saw a documentary and was talking to us about it one day.

I can disprove the entirety of the flat earth theory with a single observation. No need for equipment, experiment, or mathematics. I would have had a lot more difficulty doing so if I hadn't taken the challenges set forth by flat earthers. I think the average person would find it pretty difficult to disprove flat earth on their own, which is the point behind the movement, imo.

rickyb

I can disprove the entirety of the flat earth theory with a single observation. No need for equipment, experiment, or mathematics. I would have had a lot more difficulty doing so if I hadn't taken the challenges set forth by flat earthers. I think the average person would find it pretty difficult to disprove flat earth on their own, which is the point behind the movement, imo.
and whats that?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
There is a group of people that seek out anything that "offends" them just to further their agenda of being a victim.

It’s mostly a fantasy problem to keep the right upset. Gotta keep a culture war going at all times.
1614044278718.png

bbsam

Staff member
I don’t really understand cancel culture but I do understand boycotts.

I mean if you’re a reprehensible d-bag who’s been doing a-hole things for a decade, why should people want anything to do with you? It’s like your freedom of speech. Say what you like. Doesn’t mean I have to listen or do business with you.

We have a local car dealership that goes out of its way to put fairly right wing religious billboards out front of their building. I certainly believe it’s their right to do so but I won’t shop there. Obviously they will still do good business.

So is it cancel culture when they finally offend enough people that it really hurts their business? Who’s fault is that?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The cancel culture is now being used politically and corporations are behind it. They're behind it because they're boycotting, pulling sponsorship just because of expression. The far-left progressive media knows that.
So, they can make up anything they want.
If the media says you're guilty, you're guilty.

vantexan

The cancel culture is now being used politically and corporations are behind it. They're behind it because they're boycotting, pulling sponsorship just because of expression. The far-left progressive media knows that.
So, they can make up anything they want.
If the media says you're guilty, you're guilty.
I saw something remarkable on Tucker Carlson's show tonight. Noted liberal feminist and author Naomi Wolf was on. She's very concerned that the government is grabbing power that they won't want to relinquish. Said she's done a lot of research on it and it seems very similar to what Mussolini and fascists did in Italy in the 1920's with cooperation between corporations and government. FOX repeats their nighttime lineup with Tucker coming back on at midnight eastern time. Worth seeing.

vantexan

I saw something remarkable on Tucker Carlson's show tonight. Noted liberal feminist and author Naomi Wolf was on. She's very concerned that the government is grabbing power that they won't want to relinquish. Said she's done a lot of research on it and it seems very similar to what Mussolini and fascists did in Italy in the 1920's with cooperation between corporations and government. FOX repeats their nighttime lineup with Tucker coming back on at midnight eastern time. Worth seeing.
I just knew @It will be fine would put a funny on it. You might want to pay attention when well known liberals are willing to stick their necks out over what they see is a power grab.

It will be fine

I just knew @It will be fine would put a funny on it. You might want to pay attention when well known liberals are willing to stick their necks out over what they see is a power grab.
She’s selling a book. She knows where the easy marks are. Tucker’s audience. She feeds you what you want to hear as a “member of the left” so you’ll eat it up and buy her book.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
what makes you think its true? ur wrong about so many other things.

I'm sure I'm wrong about all sorts of things. Nothing you and I have ever discussed, but I'm sure there are some things. And what makes me think what's true? My view that the Earth is an oblate spheroid is correct, or that my observation proves it?

youre-trying-to-trick-me-into-giving-away-something-it-wont-work.jpg

Last edited:

vantexan

She’s selling a book. She knows where the easy marks are. Tucker’s audience. She feeds you what you want to hear as a “member of the left” so you’ll eat it up and buy her book.
No reference to a book given. For someone so broad minded you are sure quick to shoot down anything critical of this government. She's written a lot of books but this is the first time I've ever seen her on FOX.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
No reference to a book given. For someone so broad minded you are sure quick to shoot down anything critical of this government. She's written a lot of books but this is the first time I've ever seen her on FOX.

There is no attempt to create a totalitarian government. These aren't the droids you are looking for, move along.