Cancel culture—-ON TOPIC

oldngray

nowhere special
Do you pay attention to what you write? There is one party that openly insists that if they do not win, it is because of fraud.

There is one party that will openly demand that hundreds of thousands of votes be declared invalid in areas not favorable to them.

There is one party that will insist on claiming fraud in the court of public opinion but refuses to show evidence of fraud in court.

There is one party that will violently attempt to end a democratic process on the whims of a single political blow hard. Cult? Maybe.

I am not in favor of one party rule. We probably need more than two. I’m not sure that today’s Republican Party needs to be one of them.
Russia Russia.jpg

vantexan

Do you pay attention to what you write? There is one party that openly insists that if they do not win, it is because of fraud.

There is one party that will openly demand that hundreds of thousands of votes be declared invalid in areas not favorable to them.

There is one party that will insist on claiming fraud in the court of public opinion but refuses to show evidence of fraud in court.

There is one party that will violently attempt to end a democratic process on the whims of a single political blow hard. Cult? Maybe.

I am not in favor of one party rule. We probably need more than two. I’m not sure that today’s Republican Party needs to be one of them.
And after watching y'all try to take Trump out with lies for four years what did you expect? You were one of the chief proponents here that Trump was colluding with Russians. Do you ever pay attention to what you write?

bbsam

Staff member
And after watching y'all try to take Trump out with lies for four years what did you expect? You were one of the chief proponents here that Trump was colluding with Russians. Do you ever pay attention to what you write?
Then why have elections at all? Seems like there’s one party that has decided they aren’t necessary. Maybe the Republican Party doesn’t deserve to be part of the process anymore.

vantexan

Then why have elections at all? Seems like there’s one party that has decided they aren’t necessary. Maybe the Republican Party doesn’t deserve to be part of the process anymore.
What has that got to do with what I posted? Y'all tried to take Trump out for four years. And then are shocked that anger boiled over. Please don't play innocent. There were enough weird things happening in the election to make Trump supporters question its validity. Especially after the last four years.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

You know fraud is a criminal matter, and private parties can't prosecute criminal matters in civil cases right?

If votes weren't legitimate, it is the right of each party to challenge them, it is not their responsibility to challenge votes from areas that favor them.

Vote challenges in a federal election can be very costly for the challenger. The very least election offices can do is be forthright and transparent, not resisting and fighting against challenges.The latter adds fuel to the speculation that the election wasn't free or fair.

No courts allowed the discovery of evidence of fraud, which should have been handled by investigators and prosecuters, but none wanted to investigate, for whatever reason.

The democrats barely exist as a party anymore, and it's mostly in name only. I have no problem saying republican's, including Trump, don't always act appropriately, but democrats are absolutely out of control in attempting to establish a totalitarian government. The libertarian party is basically an oxymoron, they have no platform that everyone can agree on. Maybe abolishing parties is better.

Insurrection by Trump supporters is a fairy tale made up by your media outlets of choice. Why you still listen to them after they discredit themselves so severely over and over is anyone's guess.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
And that is where the argument against cancel culture must be made and proven. Slander and libel comes to mind. Another can of worms.

Yeah, I have no problem when people want to boycott. But to lie and misrepresent to stir people up into a frenzy and get them to dox and make threats, that's where I start defending myself.

bbsam

Staff member
What has that got to do with what I posted? Y'all tried to take Trump out for four years. And then are shocked that anger boiled over. Please don't play innocent. There were enough weird things happening in the election to make Trump supporters question its validity. Especially after the last four years.
If you insist that the only way you can lose is if the other side cheats, you’ve basically canceled the contest before it begins. You’ve determined that elections are meaningless. You’ve decided that autocratic rule is acceptable.
Make no mistake about it:
This is your president
1614459300967.jpeg

This is your god
1614459369477.jpeg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If you insist that the only way you can lose is if the other side cheats, you’ve basically canceled the contest before it begins. You’ve determined that elections are meaningless. You’ve decided that autocratic rule is acceptable.
This is your president
View attachment 329724
This is your god
View attachment 329725

You're ascribing too much power to one guy. Biden was installed as president, right? Trump's insistence that the vote was fraudulent did nothing to stop or reverse the fraud. Why is everyone so afraid of a reality show huckster?

vantexan

This is your president
View attachment 329724
This is your god
View attachment 329725
Democrats including your 2016 nominee have repeatedly said Trump cheated to win and was illegitimate. How is it that you're so firmly focused on Trump and his supporters but can't seem to see your side spent four years laying the groundwork that resulted in an explosion of anger on Jan.6th? Essentially what Democrats do over and over is say that whatever they say or do is valid and nothing the Republicans say or do is valid. I've shown a number of things Trump did as president that really helped people and have had that denied here repeatedly. Biden called for unity in his inauguration speech yet Pelosi recently has referred to Republican Congressmen as "the enemy within." Y'all want unity? Stop demonizing all Trump supporters and act like fellow Americans instead of acting like you're the true Americans and we're interlopers.

floridays

Nor does it allow tyranny of the powerful. Only now with mob psychology it appears to.

There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong...

Buffalo Springfield
Why not play the song too Van?
I'll post the old bastid version, I have an affinity for old bastids. :thumbup1: :lol:

floridays

It will be fine

This is your president
View attachment 329724
This is your god
View attachment 329725
The golden calf iconography is a bit too on the nose for me.

so mr pretend lawyer...

Attorney after attorney after attorney refused to argue fraud in a court of law. Why? There was none, was there?
There was no “fraud” or “theft”. The election wasn’t “stolen”. Otherwise the attorneys would have claimed fraud or theft.