Cancel culture—-ON TOPIC

El Correcto

god is dead
It’s 6 books you never would have read or even heard about, but you’ll be mad they aren’t being sold now because the right wing propaganda machine tells you to be mad. The guy drew a bunch of racist stuff, this isn’t complicated.
My guy, I’ve already admitted I don’t give a :censored2: about dr seuss books. Quit deflecting into your typical “right wing outrage” republicans pounce response.

1614998448205.jpeg

1614998467887.jpeg

1614998485696.jpeg

1614998517916.jpeg

1614998531178.jpeg

This seems to be what has got them in a tizzy. They are silly illustrations based on cultural stereotypes. This isn’t hardened black people are subhuman and need to be detested.

I find the illustrations kind of silly and endearing.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
My guy, I’ve already admitted I don’t give a * about dr seuss books. Quit deflecting into your typical “right wing outrage” republicans pounce response.

View attachment 330415
View attachment 330416
View attachment 330417
View attachment 330418
View attachment 330419

This seems to be what has got them in a tizzy. They are silly illustrations based on cultural stereotypes. This isn’t hardened black people are subhuman and need to be detested.

I find the illustrations kind of silly and endearing.
Careful, America is teetering on the edge, and your posting inflammatory, racist caricatures might be all it takes to push it over the precipice.

El Correcto

god is dead
Nah you're the ones crying about a corporation making their own decision on what to publish or not to publish. Get over it.❄️
Yeah it does kind of bother me people are using copyright laws to keep products off the shelves to compete in a free market.
Should be looked into for more than just Dr Seuss books. That’s not the intention of copyrighting your intellectual property.

MAKAVELI

Yeah it does kind of bother me people are using copyright laws to keep products off the shelves to compete in a free market.
Should be looked into for more than just Dr Seuss books. That’s not the intention of copyrighting your intellectual property.
The Copyright gives them control of what and how to publish it. Ttku....

El Correcto

god is dead

They sue people over photo shoots and copying Dr Seuss. I guarantee you if someone is publishing their books they will sue.

MAKAVELI

They sue people over photo shoots and copying Dr Seuss. I guarantee you if someone is publishing their books they will sue.
Selling books that are out of print is different than the Copyright infringement issues you're posting about.

El Correcto

god is dead
Selling books that are out of print is different than the Copyright infringement issues you're posting about.
“Out-of-print does not equal out of copyright. The copyright holder still retains all rights whether a book is in print or not.”

MAKAVELI

“Out-of-print does not equal out of copyright. The copyright holder still retains all rights whether a book is in print or not.”

Of course they still hold the Copyright but books already printed can be sold unless there's a specific contract with the seller.

El Correcto

god is dead
Of course they still hold the Copyright but books already printed can be sold unless there's a specific contract with the seller.
I’m not saying the books already printed can’t be sold, I’m saying what happens after they are sold to hoarders and collectors buying them at $75 -$150 a pop.

Another company can’t just come in and begin publishing that book.

MAKAVELI

I’m not saying the books already printed can’t be sold, I’m saying what happens after they are sold to hoarders and collectors buying them at $75 -$150 a pop.

Another company can’t just come in and begin publishing that book.
And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

El Correcto

god is dead
And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
I’m glad I got you up to speed, you are free to have your opinion, I disagree. Copyrights shouldn’t be used to keep stuff off the shelves and censor our beloved American culture. They should be used to safeguard your intellectual property while you profit from your work.