Cancel culture—-ON TOPIC

vantexan

Good will........ Will probably attract more viewers, sell more books, merchandise, copyrights, etc.
They sold 6 million Dr Seuss books last year alone. And it wasn't just a corporate decision out of the blue. They had pressure out on them. Pathetic.

MAKAVELI

I’m glad I got you up to speed, you are free to have your opinion, I disagree. Copyrights shouldn’t be used to keep stuff off the shelves and censor our beloved American culture. They should be used to safeguard your intellectual property while you profit from your work.
Dr. Seuss Enterprises isn't censoring anyone. They made a business decision. The country as a whole is becoming more racially diverse. Get used to it because you will become a minority in your lifetime.

El Correcto

god is dead
Dr. Seuss Enterprises isn't censoring anyone. They made a business decision. The country as a whole is becoming more racially diverse. Get used to it because you will become a minority in your lifetime.
I’m already a minority. I’m part of a smaller and more legally oppressed minority than you claim to be. Apparently I now got some civil rights like a year ago or something, I don’t know I don’t care, it’s all non sense that has no meaningful impact on my day to day.

Yes they are censoring American cultural works of art when they decide to no longer allow those books to be printed up and published.

MAKAVELI

I’m already a minority. I’m part of a smaller and more legally oppressed minority than you claim to be. Apparently I now got some civil rights like a year ago or something, I don’t know I don’t care, it’s all non sense that has no meaningful impact on my day to day.

Yes they are censoring American cultural works of art when they decide to no longer allow those books to be printed up and published.
Ok we'll you'll be a double minority. Good luck with that bro. Lol

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Copyrights shouldn’t be used to keep stuff off the shelves and censor our beloved American culture. They should be used to safeguard your intellectual property while you profit from your work.
This is a great point.

Copyrights shouldn't just stand for 95 years. The law was not intended to let people censor material.

It should be changed to the way trademark laws work. If you're not using your trademark, you lose it.

newfie

Nah you're the ones crying about a corporation making their own decision on what to publish or not to publish. Get over it.❄️
Hmmm. cucklibtards cried about the content of those books , we mock the cucklibtards for their crying and we're supposed to get over our laughing at your stupidity. I guess there's some logic there but i dont see it.

rickyb

The cancel culture was pioneered by the red baiting of the capitalist elites and their shock troops in agencies such as the FBI to break, often through violence, radical movements and labor unions. Tens of thousands of people, in the name of anti-communism, were cancelled out of the culture. The well-financed Israel lobby is a master of the cancel culture, shutting down critics of the Israeli apartheid state and those of us who support the Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) movement as anti-Semites. The cancel culture fueled the persecution of Julian Assange, the censorship of WikiLeaks and the Silicon Valley algorithms that steer readers away from content, including my content, critical of imperial and corporate power.

In the end, this bullying will be used by social media platforms, which are integrated into the state security and surveillance organs, not to promote, as its supporters argue, civility, but ruthlessly silence dissidents, intellectuals, artists and independent journalism. Once you control what people say you control what they think.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1615131046677.png

rickyb

The cancel culture was pioneered by the red baiting of the capitalist elites and their shock troops in agencies such as the FBI to break, often through violence, radical movements and labor unions. Tens of thousands of people, in the name of anti-communism, were cancelled out of the culture. The well-financed Israel lobby is a master of the cancel culture, shutting down critics of the Israeli apartheid state and those of us who support the Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) movement as anti-Semites. The cancel culture fueled the persecution of Julian Assange, the censorship of WikiLeaks and the Silicon Valley algorithms that steer readers away from content, including my content, critical of imperial and corporate power.

In the end, this bullying will be used by social media platforms, which are integrated into the state security and surveillance organs, not to promote, as its supporters argue, civility, but ruthlessly silence dissidents, intellectuals, artists and independent journalism. Once you control what people say you control what they think.

so i guess the right wing is okay with some cancel culture but not with others. i think cc is pretty dumb.

rickyb

they cancelled pepe le pew from space jam 2

so when are we protesting and calling our representatives against these liberals.

makes me proud to not be a liberal.