Combination Drivers could be working long days.

Hroller

image.jpg

Combination drivers (CD) are not being given "9.5 protection"

I can see a CD coming in at 8AM, delivering EAM and then NDA and ground, working until 1PM....five hours. Then taking the 1.5 hour "down time" (gap)
Then back to work at 2:30pm....helping out struggling drivers, then it is on to pickups.
Back to the building at say around 7:30pm....another five hours.
So basically a ten hour day between 8am and 7:30pm.....at a lower pay rate to boot!

image.jpg

I can see a CD coming in at 8AM, delivering EAM and then NDA and ground, working until 1PM....five hours. Then taking the 1.5 hour "down time" (gap)
Then back to work at 2:30pm....helping out struggling drivers, then it is on to pickups.
So basically a ten hour day between 8am and 7:30pm.....at a lower pay rate to boot!
Coming in at 8 to deliver EAM's which have an 8AM commit time?

Hroller

So basically a CD could get 50+ hours per week....working Wed-Sun....long days…..remember that one and half hour gap between that 10+ hour day.
On the other hand....a RPCD might only get 3 days worth of work.....Wed-Fri.
image.jpg

DOK

So basically a CD could get 50+ hours per week....working Wed-Sun....long days…..remember that one and half hour gap between that 10+ hour day.
image.jpg

All kinds of scenarios, it’s basically an open book for Ups to do whatever they want.

I like the idea where the hybrid works preload then does morning air and bulk stops so the regular drivers start time cane now be pushed back to 11:30am so they can work him until 7:30pm so they have late pickup coverage, all at straight time

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
image.jpg
As I was about to text the same premise, you beat me! This is a championship post right here!!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg

Holy hell. It just keeps getting worse. Smh ...

image.jpg

So you don’t see them doing 240 stops and 460 pcs everyday?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
So you don’t see them doing 240 stops and 460 pcs everyday?
I know you said that in jest but we had a guy on Friday who was sent out with more pieces and more stops than that!!! It wasn't the first time either. 1989 that is what has been going on for awhile now!

Brohn Bron

image.jpg

Regular Full Time Drivers complain long enough about being over worked with long EXCESSIVE OT, someone might just listen. This is the solution our union suggested. Although I don’t agree with it (that’s my OT being handed out to a lower qualified driver!) we have to put up with the large rank and file of workers moaning and complaining about TOO much work. Now they moan and complain about this. Which is it? You made your bed. Sleep in it!

I know you said that in jest but we had a guy on Friday who was sent out with more pieces and more stops than that!!! It wasn't the first time either. 1989 that is what has been going on for awhile now!
We have 6-10 routes in a place I worked that go out with a minimum 230 stops.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
All stops are not created equal.

I used to get the green light to help a worthless driver finish her route. First time they gave me 40 stops at night running it blind... It took me under 40 minutes to run them and that was goofing off. These houses we're like 3 feet apart with 15' sidewalks. The regular driver milked that so hard it went away, then she retired.

Regular Full Time Drivers complain long enough about being over worked with long EXCESSIVE OT, someone might just listen. This is the solution our union suggested. Although I don’t agree with it (that’s my OT being handed out to a lower qualified driver!) we have to put up with the large rank and file of workers moaning and complaining about TOO much work. Now they moan and complain about this. Which is it? You made your bed. Sleep in it!
Some people want the extra hours and some don't.

Indecisi0n

All stops are not created equal.

I used to get the green light to help a worthless driver finish her route. First time they gave me 40 stops at night running it blind... It took me under 40 minutes to run them and that was goofing off. These houses we're like 3 feet apart with 15' sidewalks. The regular driver milked that so hard it went away, then she retired.
Women....