Continuing Reagan’s failed War on Drugs.

vantexan

Moral outrage from the guy trying to justify and defending the pedophile in Alabama.....too funny
What moral outrage? And I didn't defend the pedophile in Alabama. Just told the hypocritical lynch mob their definition of pedophile was incorrect. If you read through everything you'll find I said I wouldn't want a 32 yr old with a 14 yr old either. So there Brown bagger.

floridays

Marijuana isn’t a matter of national security.

"My first concern is traffic accidents, since marijuana is known to impair judgement. Statistics from Colorado since recreational marijuana was legalized show a doubling of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) – the substance in marijuana that gets users high – in the blood of those involved in fatal car accidents."

"A recent study from the Columbia University School of Public Health found that while alcohol increased the risk of causing a fatal car crash five times, testing positive for pot increased it by 62 percent. Those drivers who had both pot and alcohol in their blood at the time of a fatal crash were six times more likely to have caused the accident."

It may not be a national security issue, but it is a public safety issue. Do you care to reconsider your position?

upschuck

"My first concern is traffic accidents, since marijuana is known to impair judgement. Statistics from Colorado since recreational marijuana was legalized show a doubling of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) – the substance in marijuana that gets users high – in the blood of those involved in fatal car accidents."

"A recent study from the Columbia University School of Public Health found that while alcohol increased the risk of causing a fatal car crash five times, testing positive for pot increased it by 62 percent. Those drivers who had both pot and alcohol in their blood at the time of a fatal crash were six times more likely to have caused the accident."

It may not be a national security issue, but it is a public safety issue. Do you care to reconsider your position?
I have a pretty liberal view on these things, as long as there are harsh consequences, if it invades other's rights, no slap on wrists.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So did accidents go up or down since they legalized pot?

newfie

Opinion | Restarting the war on pot is one more affront to young voters

Let us give the DEA more power over private business owners running a legitimate business in their state. Let’s not let the states decide. Let’s hurt business owners and wield federal tyranny over the will of the states voters.

I am first a proponent of legalizing pot for many reasons. with that said.......
there is a federal law. as such the solution is simple change the federal law to allow the individual states to decide. until then abide by the law.

you ignore immigration laws and pot laws. but beg for federal oversight when you feel someones civil rights were violated and not adequately addressed at the states level.

you libs seem to make it up as you go

El Correcto

god is dead
I am first a proponent of legalizing pot for many reasons. with that said.......
there is a federal law. as such the solution is simple change the federal law to allow the individual states to decide. until then abide by the law.

you ignore immigration laws and pot laws. but beg for federal oversight when you feel someones civil rights were violated and not adequately addressed at the states level.

Yeah libs do have a bad habit of standing up for illegals not wanting to kick them back into a hell hole of human rights issues. They also have a bad habit of not letting states impose bigoted laws. Jesus these liberals, how dare them!

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Marijuana is not a lib argument ... it is a Libertarian argument.
There are as many Republican senators and congressmen upset at this as there are Liberals.

The law needs to be changed.
Hopefully that will be a consequence of The Elf's actions.

oldngray

nowhere special
There are as many Republican senators and congressmen upset at this as there are Liberals.

when_truth_19.jpg

El Correcto

god is dead
has nothing to do with holding to the principle of federalism or states rights. That principle is only respected by you when it deals with something you agree with.
I would disagree. I see pot as harmless and pretty damn beneficial. Refusing states the right to dictate something like that isn’t tyranny.

Refusing to allow the states to treat gays as second class citizens, because the sky god is keeping track of dicks and buttholes is bizarre to me. I’m proud our country is leaving religious prejudice in its past.

vantexan

I would disagree. I see pot as harmless and pretty damn beneficial. Refusing states the right to dictate something like that isn’t tyranny.

Refusing to allow the states to treat gays as second class citizens, because the sky god is keeping track of dicks and buttholes is bizarre to me. I’m proud our country is leaving religious prejudice in its past.
If we're talking medicinal use where they've reduced the, what is it, THZ?, down to where you can't get high, then all for it. We don't need generations of stoners.

newfie

regardless , it is the law and there is a process to change laws that you disagree with and making up your own rules is not answer.

Obama has created a bunch of policy without going through the process. Trump is actually taking the constitutional approach and forcing this country to change the laws working within the process. calling the AG an elf is not fixing the problem and discredits someone who is actually doing his job and enforcing existing laws.

El Correcto

god is dead

No I don’t, having THC in your system is not an accurate way to judge if someone is under the influence. THC has a pretty long life and can be stored in body fat. So a fatter chronic users can have THC in their system for months, doesn’t mean they are walking around impaired for months.

I think it’s silly drugs are illegal to begin with. People bring up crime, violence, auto crashes, addiction, children and overdoses as reason against ending prohibition. Alcohol has been proven to be a factor in all these areas yet we’ve realized prohibition only gave way to even more serious problems.

I think the current laws are responsible for putting drugs in the hands of children. What the :censored2: does a drug dealer who will already get life care if he fronts a high schooler or even middle schooler some work. Seen it with my own eyes growing up, kids don’t need money to buy into the drug market they get the drugs no money down sell the work pay what they owe and save the profit to where they can then buy the drugs upfront. The repercussions and risk wouldn’t make it worth it for a legitimate business being regulated to sell and deal with children. This is something you would understand if you grew up poor in the hood.

As for crime I’d want to see the black market regulated, taken out of the hands of criminal funneling money to terror groups and cartels. If people are going to be criminals while on drugs chances are they were already a criminal off drugs.

Addiction, alcohol is a terrible addiction ruins lives. We accept that is the problem of the consumer they need self control, moderation and education. Education and fair studies on the drugs would be key here. Not to mention creating a demand, competition, lower prices and innovation in treatments.

Auto crashes would go under regulation just like alcohol. Hard hitting punishment if you are going to risk killing others being a maroon.
Also reasonableness in this to, actually learning how to properly detect someone under the influence not just drawing blood and busting them for smoking a joint and driving their car a week later.

I’ll never be in favor of prohibition for any drugs.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If we're talking medicinal use where they've reduced the, what is it, THZ?, down to where you can't get high, then all for it.
We don't need generations of stoners.
Well spoken ... really shined on this effort. SMH
It's THC and while the CBD is higher in some meds, THC has benefits as well with certain ailments.
The stoners can replace the drunks ... they're the same people with the same addiction disease.