Continuing Reagan’s failed War on Drugs.

vantexan

They do isolate THC it’s the :censored2: that takes you to the moon when you eat a brownie. I doubt they’ll make some miracle form of THC that doesn’t give people that high.
Didn't say they would. They have isolated the other qualities that help, so IF they could isolate the properties of THC it would be good. Otherwise it should only be administered to those in need in a controlled setting IMO. Not just to get high.

oldngray

nowhere special
I've known the little :censored2:er for 20 plus years.
I don't like him.
I don't care if it helps or not ... this is the TROLLING forum and he does look like the Keebler Elf.

View attachment 174017

View attachment 174016
7D22A.gif

It will be fine

Didn't say they would. They have isolated the other qualities that help, so IF they could isolate the properties of THC it would be good. Otherwise it should only be administered to those in need in a controlled setting IMO. Not just to get high.
What are the positive effects of alcohol and nicotine that allow their legality in your twisted worldview?

It will be fine

is that the we've legalized other things that are bad for you so we should legalize more things that are bad for you argument?
I don't think the state should tell citizens they can't get high. If you're going to claim weed should only be legal for it's positive benefits what are the positive benefits of nicotine? Why is the state picking winners and losers in the getting high business?

vantexan

What are the positive effects of alcohol and nicotine that allow their legality in your twisted worldview?
I don't see a positive to nicotine at all but alcohol in moderation, particularly red wine, has been shown to have good effects too. I don't think intoxication for recreation is a good idea as it leads to numerous problems. If that's twisted to you so be it.

It will be fine

I don't see a positive to nicotine at all but alcohol in moderation, particularly red wine, has been shown to have good effects too. I don't think intoxication for recreation is a good idea as it leads to numerous problems. If that's twisted to you so be it.
So should nicotine be banned and alcohol only administered in controlled environments for its benefits?

newfie

So should nicotine be banned and alcohol only administered in controlled environments for its benefits?

you keep trying to make the argument that nicotine and alcohol justify pot. I answered that question early in this present discussion. I am for legalizing pot , I am against using it in any way while its illegal. we are a nation of laws, don't like the law get it changed.

It will be fine

you keep trying to make the argument that nicotine and alcohol justify pot. I answered that question early in this present discussion. I am for legalizing pot , I am against using it in any way while its illegal. we are a nation of laws, don't like the law get it changed.
That's not what Van is arguing. He thinks the state should tell you what drugs you can use and how you use them and for what purpose. The people have clearly spoken as to what they want the law to be. At least medicinal use is legal in 29 states but the federal government is not following suit and enforcing their tyrannical viewpoint.

newfie

That's not what Van is arguing. He thinks the state should tell you what drugs you can use and how you use them and for what purpose. The people have clearly spoken as to what they want the law to be. At least medicinal use is legal in 29 states but the federal government is not following suit and enforcing their tyrannical viewpoint.

sure if someone wants pot legalized and they have a better chance of doing so through the state then they will argue that the state should decide.

and if he wants something else passed and the fed provides the best opportunity of getting it done then he will argue that the fed should decide.

Obama exercised lazy legislation with immigration and pot as two examples. he didn't want to do the hard work of getting the law changed so he decided he would not enforce those laws.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
They did change the law - Prohibition. How did that work out for us?

newfie

They did change the law - Prohibition. How did that work out for us?

We convince our selves that prohibition did not work and that somehow we are better off have legalized alcohol. anyone who has lost a family member to a drunk driver will disagree.

trump has lost a brother to alcohol and abstains from any drinking. you can call him whatever name pleases you but one thing he is very principled on is the fight against addicting substances. To him this issue is very personal.