Continuing Reagan’s failed War on Drugs.

floridays

I have not been drunk since 1983 and have no desire to either.
I have not been stoned in 6 months and do not want to be either.
I use a vape pen which allows more accurate dosing (usually a couple of draws for me).
I do not like getting stoned or drunk but I do enjoy the pain-relieving qualities of pot and alcohol.
They both relieve stress in smaller doses.
I believe it is up to each individual to regulate their drug usage ... not the governments!
Do you have any circulatory problems?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think the best thing is to ask Colorado law enforcement what has happened since decriminalization. And there are a number of definitive studies showing a negative correlation between usage and brain development in young adults. Sometimes the State has a vested interest in protecting people from themselves.
Absolutely and all States that have marijuana sales stress that.
I personally don't think anyone under 25 (men anyway) should use alcohol or cannabis except under medical supervision. I don't think it is the responsibility of the government to regulate that usage.

vantexan

Absolutely and all States that have marijuana sales stress that.
I personally don't think anyone under 25 (men anyway) should use alcohol or cannabis except under medical supervision. I don't think it is the responsibility of the government to regulate that usage.
But we all see what people under 25 do without regulation. Check out Spring Break. A major study I saw recently said adult brains develop until about 27. I don't know if it's written in stone that smoking pot before 28 will screw up your mind, but it happens enough to be a serious concern.

floridays

No. I don't smoke cigarettes or weed ... I use vape pens and I use to use a vape machine for leaf/weed.
What's the point of asking that question?
I do have circulatory problems and on a link makaveli posted yesterday it claimed it was beneficial for those problems. Curiosity and first hand information was the point. Thank you for responding.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
But we all see what people under 25 do without regulation. Check out Spring Break. A major study I saw recently said adult brains develop until about 27. I don't know if it's written in stone that smoking pot before 28 will screw up your mind, but it happens enough to be a serious concern.
Most medical literature says 25 but 27 it may be.
I don't think it is the business of government to declare drugs illegal.
I would leave that up to the medical profession.
I really don't think we are too far apart in our views.
I just don't think it should be left up to dumb:censored2:s like Nixon or Sessions to define drugs.
Medical doctors should be doing that ... not ignorant politicians.

El Correcto

god is dead
Yeah I also see highschool kids getting wasted on alcohol, the ones who smoke pot are usually more mannered and chill. You want to talk brain development let’s start denouncing sugar and keeping children away from that. Sugar Has the Same Effect on Kids’ Brains as Abuse and Trauma
School lunches should be healthier stop the bias on foods with fat and start taking sugar and refined carbohydrates out of the children’s school lunches.

Also look at spring break with prohibition. You got the misinformed casual users swallowing a bunch of molly and washing it down with coors light. People need better education on drug use then scare tactics used in DARE and similar programs.

floridays

Yeah I also see highschool kids getting wasted on alcohol, the ones who smoke pot are usually more mannered and chill. You want to talk brain development let’s start denouncing sugar and keeping children away from that. Sugar Has the Same Effect on Kids’ Brains as Abuse and Trauma
School lunches should be healthier stop the bias on foods with fat and start taking sugar and refined carbohydrates out of the children’s school lunches.
You're pretty big on government control, until you aren't of course.

vantexan

Then let's do away with everything that hampers development, not say we should allow this because that's allowed.

El Correcto

god is dead
Then let's do away with everything that hampers development, not say we should allow this because that's allowed.
Okay let’s do away with video games, sugar, drugs, football, combat sports, social media and anything else that could hamper brain development. Let’s create more black markets and deny the obvious demand for these products.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I do have circulatory problems and on a link makaveli posted yesterday it claimed it was beneficial for those problems. Curiosity and first hand information was the point. Thank you for responding.
Interesting.
I am not familiar with that usage.
I certainly wouldn't encourage anyone to smoke anything to help blood circulation.
That's why I use edibles or vaping.
Also, cannabis increases the heart rate (not blood pressure) ... not sure if this is relevant but literature and personal use says it does.
Some people use cannabis oil in capsules in very, very strong concentrations for many ailments I don't have.

I googled "cannabis oil circulatory" and came up with this:
10 Proven Benefits of Cannabis Oil - Healthy Focus

Last edited:

vantexan

Most medical literature says 25 but 27 it may be.
I don't think it is the business of government to declare drugs illegal.
I would leave that up to the medical profession.
I really don't think we are too far apart in our views.
I just don't think it should be left up to dumb:censored2:s like Nixon or Sessions to define drugs.
Medical doctors should be doing that ... not ignorant politicians.
Aside from Trump, most professional politicians make policy pronouncements based on investigation and research made by government and private experts. Shooting off at the mouth often leaves them twisting in the wind turning them into cannon fodder for political opponents. Most likely anything said about the problems of pot is based on medical studies.

It will be fine

Also look at spring break with prohibition. You got the misinformed casual users swallowing a bunch of molly and washing it down with coors light. People need better education on drug use then scare tactics used in DARE and similar programs.
Good point about education. Lying to kids typically doesn't work for very long. Tell them weed is terrible and will ruin their life and they won't believe you about anything else related to drugs. Education from professionals about safe usage would provide better results for abuse. Abstinence only education results in higher rates of teen pregnancy than comprehensive education about contraceptives. I'd imagine similar results would happen with realistic drug education.