Continuing Reagan’s failed War on Drugs.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Everyone makes conclusions based on their life experiences. Some of us also out of curiosity read what's available from many sources about the effects of many different things, both positive and negative, and draw our own conclusions from that. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear.
Klugy attempt at diversion.
You post with authority but it's obvious you have some out-of-date ideas on addiction and drugs.
I find your posts amusing but it does concern me that state your views with an authority that is belied by the content of your posts.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Everyone makes conclusions based on their life experiences. Some of us also out of curiosity read what's available from many sources about the effects of many different things, both positive and negative, and draw our own conclusions from that. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear.
I don't make conclusions based on my 'life experiences'.
No one in my family used drugs other than alcohol or prescription drugs (no difference between the two classes).
I attended AA and NA (Narcotics Anonymous) meetings and attended lectures by psychologists (no psychiatrists ... their job is dispensing drugs) and read many books. My wife has an addictive personality and like you, I spent the first 40 years of my marriage thinking negatively of her and my relatives with this disease.
If ignorance is good for you then so be it ... but I would ask you to preface your statements with IMO.

vantexan

Klugy attempt at diversion.
You post with authority but it's obvious you have some out-of-date ideas on addiction and drugs.
I find your posts amusing but it does concern me that state your views with an authority that is belied by the content of your posts.
Again amigo it's not what you want to hear. We have one man, one vote, majority rule in this country. It's obvious the direction the country is going with legalization but it's everyone's right to express their opinion about it, even if it's not one you want to hear. I don't have to smoke pot to know it's got a down side too, just as alcohol abuse does, and smoking long term does, neither of which I participate in. If pot smoking was limited to people over 30 who are mature enough to handle it then maybe ok. But there are studies out that appear to prove pot is detrimental to young adult and teenage brains that are still developing. That's enough for me to not want to see widespread usage among the very group that's most likely to use it.

vantexan

I don't make conclusions based on my 'life experiences'.
No one in my family used drugs other than alcohol or prescription drugs (no difference between the two classes).
I attended AA and NA (Narcotics Anonymous) meetings and attended lectures by psychologists (no psychiatrists ... their job is dispensing drugs) and read many books. My wife has an addictive personality and like you, I spent the first 40 years of my marriage thinking negatively of her and my relatives with this disease.
If ignorance is good for you then so be it ... but I would ask you to preface your statements with IMO.
It's all opinion here so I don't need to preface anything anymore than you do.

El Correcto

god is dead
My wife before we got married smoked pot about 20 times a month, which she neglected to tell me. All I heard our first two years of marriage was her craving it. When she did smoke it in front of me she got very happy, to the point of being silly. She claimed before finally getting her hands on some that she was in complete control. Not so. I worked for 29 years for a company that would fire me if under the influence and at one time when they tested for such things just having it in my system. Before that I was raised in a very religious family so yes, probably pretty sheltered. It's also obvious the direction the country took when drug use became widespread. And it's also obvious that many people have been killed over the years getting that product to you, as well as those killed or who have killed others while under it's influence. Not to mention there's plenty of scientific evidence that it's harmful to both lungs and especially young, developing minds. Yet those who love it will continue to defend it. Such is life.
I agree people do get killed bringing that product to the consumer, because of the black market. There’s multiple ways to ingest thc and various forms, we accept cigars and cigarettes and they are worse. I saw hope when this country stepped away from prohibition, I loved seeing cnn include pot on their new year prodcast. Some people love marijuana it improves their life experience. Doesn’t mean it is highly addicting. I smoked pot since I was 13-14 years old, quit before Ups driving added too much needless stress on my job.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Giving society more addicts without a criminal record doesn't help society either. Let's just cut through the BS, you want All drugs legalized to dispose of the possibility of criminal jeopardy.
Sounds good to me.
Criminalize those behaviors/actions that hurt others.
Current drug laws are based on racism and ignorance.

El Correcto

god is dead
I also get people’s points on the merit of alcohol. I keep a nice bottle of port in my home always. Pour a glass of it every couple days to enjoy. I’m not getting drunk just enjoying alcohol and the minor benefits it offers.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I also get people’s points on the merit of alcohol. I keep a nice bottle of port in my home always. Pour a glass of it every couple days to enjoy. I’m not getting drunk just enjoying alcohol and the minor benefits it offers.
Just like the guy who keeps a half ounce of marijuana around to enjoy the relaxation and other benefits it offers.

vantexan

I agree people do get killed bringing that product to the consumer, because of the black market. There’s multiple ways to ingest thc and various forms, we accept cigars and cigarettes and they are worse. I saw hope when this country stepped away from prohibition, I loved seeing cnn include pot on their new year prodcast. Some people love marijuana it improves their life experience. Doesn’t mean it is highly addicting. I smoked pot since I was 13-14 years old, quit before Ups driving added too much needless stress on my job.
I think the best thing is to ask Colorado law enforcement what has happened since decriminalization. And there are a number of definitive studies showing a negative correlation between usage and brain development in young adults. Sometimes the State has a vested interest in protecting people from themselves.

floridays

I think the best thing is to ask Colorado law enforcement what has happened since decriminalization. And there are a number of definitive studies showing a negative correlation between usage and brain development in young adults. Sometimes the State has a vested interest in protecting people from themselves.
I think it's called having an ordered society. I'm sure some will misconstrue the word ordered. Not ITWBF, he's all about crickets.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And I'm for medicinal use. Pot makes her feel better. Have never been drunk and have no desire to start. YMMV.
I have not been drunk since 1983 and have no desire to either.
I have not been stoned in 6 months and do not want to be either.
I use a vape pen which allows more accurate dosing (usually a couple of draws for me).
I do not like getting stoned or drunk but I do enjoy the pain-relieving qualities of pot and alcohol.
They both relieve stress in smaller doses.
I believe it is up to each individual to regulate their drug usage ... not the governments!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Just like the guy who keeps a half ounce of marijuana around to enjoy the relaxation and other benefits it offers.
I use some Mary's Medicinals CBD Muscle Freeze for shoulder and knee pain. Contains some THC but don't seem to get high from rubbing the cream into the skin.
IMG_20180106_153707030_HDR.jpg