Contract Change proposals. "On Topic Only Please"

Integrity

Binge Poster
Really dumb thread. You make it seem like they're incapable of writing their own contracts.
You are entitled to your opinion.

For years the union has asked for contract language proposals prior to negotiations.

I would expect any changes to the TA to be done in the same fashion.

Not trying to sell anything.

Vote as you see fit.

Integrity

Binge Poster
What was your suggestion?
"Sunday through Thursday"?

Your suggestion for the entire tentative agreement is adding THREE WORDS?
And in your mind, that isn't trying to sell the agreement?

Are you trying to be the ultimate example of self delusion?
Or do you think we are too stupid to see that you're just trying to sell this agreement 'as is'.....?
I believe this is important.

It is specific.

It is no wholesale condemnation of language, it is not adding language it is changing Wed to Sun to Sun to Thur which I believe is important.

I also believe that although improbable it is possibly winnable in negotiations.

F

Frankie's Friend

You are entitled to your opinion.

For years the union has asked for contract language proposals prior to negotiations.

I would expect any changes to the TA to be done in the same fashion.

Not trying to sell anything.

Vote as you see fit.
A little late for proposals dude. We haven't seen the supplements or voted and you're telling us to write up language and content that you would like.
You came to this discussion.
You opened the door.

Wholesale condemnation makes one look ignorant. I will not do this.

You will have to be more specific to a point.

Sorry.
And so you judge others responses because it isn't written in USNY style. SMH

Do the mechanics in your area have their own supplement?

There you go. Supplements aren't out yet and you're asking people to rewrite the NMA.

Dude, let people vote and then if if doesn't pass you can come on here and give blue collar workers lessons in English literature and sentence compositions.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I believe this is important.

It is specific.

It is no wholesale condemnation of language, it is not adding language it is changing Wed to Sun to Sun to Thur which I believe is important.

I also believe that although improbable it is possibly winnable in negotiations.
So you think those three words are all that needs to be changed? In your mind, are all the concessions really okay? What is the most important 'win' in this contract in your mind?

Integrity

Binge Poster
So you think those three words are all that needs to be changed? In your mind, are all the concessions really okay? What is the most important 'win' in this contract in your mind?
I am most uncomfortable with a wed-sun shift being allowed.

There were three concessions mentioned in the conference call.

IMO
New language cannot really be viewed as a concession. It is trying to create language to resolve a problem or deal with a new climate or strategy. In this case how to man a new 7 day work week that is coming.

Not looking at part time weekend jobs as a way to man the weekend work now and in the future.

Protection of Senior Full Time package car drivers from working weekends if they don't want to.

F

Frankie's Friend

Protection of Senior Full Time package car drivers from working weekends if they don't want to.
You mean seniority Full Time package car drivers?

Protect them all.

Your assumption that "senior" means something in a hearing shows that you're mistaken.

M

MenInBrown

Really dumb thread. You make it seem like they're incapable of writing their own contracts.

I agree. Really really dumb thread. Plenty of other threads discussing the changes people would make. Now we need a thread for someone to criticize how your ideas are written? Sorry, we don’t need anymore language that is vague and slight of hand. Go to all the other threads and read them then you will know what everyone wants changed.

Increase for full time and part time should be

The language for No driver being discharged for electronics should be changed to any employee.

22.4 will be able to opt in to the 9.5 list

22.4/22.3 top pay should be 39.50 by the end of contract

9.5 language should be changed from 3 days over 9.5 to 2 days over 9.5 penalty should be 3 hours top pay x2 penalty

Black Friday triple pay or increased ph days by 2 days

Part time skilled work should be $1 per hour increase

Top rate progression for drivers and mechanics should be 3 years max

Feeder jobs should be bid within the local union by seniority and not by building seniority

Any discrepancy in pay shall be paided within 24hrs of notice.

60hr work week limit. Unless opt’d in a 70hr work week

This would be a start.

Not gonna waste my time trying to copy and paste the actual contract till my fingers bleed
I think combo drivers pay should be the same as regular drivers, including their OT rate. At least while they’re driving.
Less incentive for UPS to give them our work.

F

Frankie's Friend

Again,
Why are we focusing on rewriting the NMA?!
When the supplements come out there may be language restricting the master language in our area so we are wasting time with this thread.
We've got a vote coming up. Work within your building to educate members when all of the language is presented.

This is a waste of time.

Btw: years ago there was a "pt time" steward from the southern region who posted here often. He told of one time at a local union meeting their members put the BA on "blast" in front of the rest of the members and it was effective to get the BAs mind right.

Soft politics doesn't always affect the pressing changes that need to be made.

M

MenInBrown

Again,
Why are we focusing on rewriting the NMA?!
When the supplements come out there may be language restricting the master language in our area so we are wasting time with this thread.
We've got a vote coming up. Work within your building to educate members when all of the language is presented.

This is a waste of time.

Btw: years ago there was a "pt time" steward from the southern region who posted here often. He told of one time at a local union meeting their members put the BA on "blast" in front of the rest of the members and it was effective to get the BAs mind right.

Soft politics doesn't always affect the pressing changes that need to be made.

Wasn’t there some part of the Master that states the supplements cannot change?

Integrity

Binge Poster
The
You mean seniority Full Time package car drivers?

Protect them all.

Your assumption that "senior" means something in a hearing shows that you're mistaken.
All seniority is not equal.

The most senior of those with seniority deserve the most protection. In accordance with their seniority that is.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I agree. Really really dumb thread. Plenty of other threads discussing the changes people would make. Now we need a thread for someone to criticize how your ideas are written? Sorry, we don’t need anymore language that is vague and slight of hand. Go to all the other threads and read them then you will know what everyone wants changed.
I have been to other threads. I have not found that to be the case.

Thank you for the suggestion though.