Contract Change proposals. "On Topic Only Please"

Integrity

Binge Poster
Again,
Why are we focusing on rewriting the NMA?!
When the supplements come out there may be language restricting the master language in our area so we are wasting time with this thread.
We've got a vote coming up. Work within your building to educate members when all of the language is presented.

This is a waste of time.

Btw: years ago there was a "pt time" steward from the southern region who posted here often. He told of one time at a local union meeting their members put the BA on "blast" in front of the rest of the members and it was effective to get the BAs mind right.

Soft politics doesn't always affect the pressing changes that need to be made.
At a Union meeting with several hundred Package car drivers present, not one wanted weekend work when asked.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Again,
Why are we focusing on rewriting the NMA?!
When the supplements come out there may be language restricting the master language in our area so we are wasting time with this thread.
We've got a vote coming up. Work within your building to educate members when all of the language is presented.

This is a waste of time.

Btw: years ago there was a "pt time" steward from the southern region who posted here often. He told of one time at a local union meeting their members put the BA on "blast" in front of the rest of the members and it was effective to get the BAs mind right.

Soft politics doesn't always affect the pressing changes that need to be made.
I don't think it is wise to waste your time in this thread if it is a waste of time.

I think we all should use our time in ways they we think is wise.

F

Frankie's Friend

I don't think it is wise to waste your time in this thread if it is a waste of time.

I think we all should use our time in ways they we think is wise.
It's written... "Respond to foolish comments only so the fool doesnt claim to be wise".

Therefore I responded.

F

Frankie's Friend

The
All seniority is not equal.

The most senior of those with seniority deserve the most protection. In accordance with their seniority that is.
Bahahaha.

SO YOU PROPOSE A CONCESSION TIED TO ANOTHER CONCESSION!?

Where is your integrity?

~S~

Dollar Chasing

So why did a new, lower-paid underclass of full time driver have to be created to do so?

Because they won’t be doing the same job as a RPCD. Likely half their job inside, doing part-time work at a higher rate than part-timers, then running around doing spotty delivery or pickup work that doesn’t take the same effort. If you’ve ever worked on a Saturday delivering air, or worked a late shuttle day, you’d know what I mean. It’s waaaay easier work, so why does it deserve the same pay? The same veterans who want it to be paid the same are likely to be the ones who bid the class when it becomes available so that they can have an easier day. They just don’t want the hourly pay cut. Same thing happened with the 22.3s...

F

Frankie's Friend

Because they won’t be doing the same job as a RPCD. Likely half their job inside, doing part-time work at a higher rate than part-timers, then running around doing spotty delivery or pickup work that doesn’t take the same effort. If you’ve ever worked on a Saturday delivering air, or worked a late shuttle day, you’d know what I mean. It’s waaaay easier work, so why does it deserve the same pay? The same veterans who want it to be paid the same are likely to be the ones who bid the class when it becomes available so that they can have an easier day. They just don’t want the hourly pay cut. Same thing happened with the 22.3s...
You spouted several suppositions with no way to back up any of the "way easier " or "spotty" PC work and "likely " is the theme of this presumptuous post.

Btw: you're off topic.

Box Ox

Because they won’t be doing the same job as a RPCD. Likely half their job inside, doing part-time work at a higher rate than part-timers, then running around doing spotty delivery or pickup work that doesn’t take the same effort. If you’ve ever worked on a Saturday delivering air, or worked a late shuttle day, you’d know what I mean. It’s waaaay easier work, so why does it deserve the same pay?

Oh, please. Yes, I ran lots of Saturday air while a part timer. This isn’t remotely the same thing. But you just created a brand new account to try and tell me it is, eh?

22.4s will be :censored2:ing buried in Ground deliveries on weekends and you know it. That’s the whole point of their not having overtime protections and the addition of the “if work is available” wording to the RPCD 40 hour guarantee. So yes, 22.4 weekend delivery work should pay the same rate.

Likely half their job inside, doing part-time work at a higher rate than part-timers

Absolute baloney. 22.4s won’t be working 8 hours a day. If they sort for 4 hours they’ll get loaded up for 9 or 10 more. That’s the whole point of having them in the first place. And thats why their making a higher rate than inside PTers will still be worth it to the Company.

Dollar Chasing

You spouted several suppositions with no way to back up any of the "way easier " or "spotty" PC work and "likely " is the theme of this presumptuous post.

Btw: you're off topic.

How is it off-topic when you asked about the lower wage job? Makes sense to explain why it’s lower wage. It’s also not cost-effective to have RPCDs working overtime all weekend. 7-day delivery is coming, and it has to. The company is not going to just “hire more RPCDs” like everyone keeps saying they should, and those same people say that they don’t want to work weekends! 22.4 is the the Union came up with to address the “must have” topics that drivers brought up, and a lot of people dislike it, even though it fixes all of the problems they brought up. Fact is, you can’t make them happy.

Dollar Chasing

Oh, please. Yes, I ran lots of Saturday air while a part timer. This isn’t remotely the same thing. But you just created a brand new account to try and tell me it is, eh?

22.4s will be :censored2:ing buried in Ground deliveries on weekends and you know it. That’s the whole point of their not having overtime protections and the addition of the “if work is available” wording to the RPCD 40 hour guarantee. So yes, 22.4 weekend delivery work should pay the same rate.

Absolute baloney. 22.4s won’t be working 8 hours a day. If they sort for 4 hours they’ll get loaded up for 9 or 10 more. That’s the whole point of having them in the first place. And thats why their making a higher rate than inside PTers will still be worth it to the Company.

I made a new account to join the discussion. And everything you are saying is presumptive. Saturday work is a cakewalk.

Box Ox

I made a new account to join the discussion. And everything you are saying is presumptive. Saturday work is a cakewalk.

Saturday air is a cakewalk. 22.4 weekend work will not even be close to the same thing. Nobody who doesn’t have an interest in fooling people into voting for a bad Contract would be trying to say it is. That is not presumptive. That is a fact.

Dollar Chasing

Saturday air is a cakewalk. 22.4 weekend work will not even be close to the same thing. Nobody who doesn’t have an interest in fooling people into voting for a bad Contract would be trying to say it is. That is not presumptive. That is a fact.

Their overall workload, and their weekend workload, will be easier overall than a RPCD. When you have 1/4 to 1/2 of your driver workforce working on a day, the load is going to be lighter because they’re competing the entire delivery area. You act like a 10-hour Tuesday and a 10-hour Saturday will be the same workload. Saturday will be just like running air: more windshield time, less packages, less bulk businesses, less pickups, and so less pay.

F

Frankie's Friend

How is it off-topic when you asked about the lower wage job? Makes sense to explain why it’s lower wage. It’s also not cost-effective to have RPCDs working overtime all weekend. 7-day delivery is coming, and it has to. The company is not going to just “hire more RPCDs” like everyone keeps saying they should, and those same people say that they don’t want to work weekends! 22.4 is the the Union came up with to address the “must have” topics that drivers brought up, and a lot of people dislike it, even though it fixes all of the problems they brought up. Fact is, you can’t make them happy.
I didnt bring up 22.4s. You've got the wrong poster.

But, we already have weekend routes running and at this point that coverage is by seniority.

When I was a low seniority driver I was forced to work shifts i didnt want to work but i had no choice.

Pacification of FT PC drivers to the point they can control the company in the augmentation of their business is not the issue here.

The deal imo is abrasive to members who are watching the grafting of PC work at a lesser wage.

There's no hiding the issue that the last cba left many members angry with the ibt leadership and that elevates the mistrust from the start.

Box Ox

Saturday will be just like running air: more windshield time, less packages, less bulk businesses, less pickups, and so less pay.

You’re trying to imply that lack of commercial deliveries on a weekend route equals an easier day. It does not. Residential Ground stop counts will be very high. Trucks will be packed. Days will not be easier than they are for an RPCD.

There is no plausible reason to pay 22.4s less other than the fact that profit per piece for residential shipments is lower than it is for commercial shipments. You can point that out, but you can’t pretend that 22.4s will somehow have an easier day.

You’re trying to imply that lack of commercial deliveries on a weekend route equals an easier day. It does not. Residential Ground stop counts will be very high. Trucks will be packed. Days will not be easier than they are for an RPCD.

There is no plausible reason to pay 22.4s less other than the fact that profit per piece for residential shipments is lower than it is for commercial shipments. You can point that out, but you can’t pretend that 22.4s will somehow have an easier day.
Saturday ground routes are garbage. You are covering 4 or more routes plus all of the air.

F

Frankie's Friend

Saturday ground routes are garbage. You are covering 4 or more routes plus all of the air.
The sad part about this is that we can't tell if its corporate people on here selling this contract or if its the IBT leadership.