Contract rumor.

Atomic_Smurf

Maybe for you guys in management it says that, but as a Teamster, with four kids and wife and me, 11,500. Keep going, Slim....

We have better insurance than most of managment. Believe it or not, we have better insurance that Scott Davis. It's public information. Check it out.

Atomic_Smurf

Mine was blank. Big fat zero. Teamster run health care plan.

If that box is blank, you will have to provide proof of insurance starting next year or you will be fined for not having it. That's the Individual mandate that the supreme court upheld last summer. You should get W-2 information concerning your health plan from the union.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If that box is blank, you will have to provide proof of insurance starting next year or you will be fined for not having it. That's the Individual mandate that the supreme court upheld last summer. You should get W-2 information concerning your health plan from the union.

None of the Teamster run health plans provided the IRS with the information needed. How would it be fair to fine us for something that is out of our control?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Mine was blank. Big fat zero. Teamster run healthcare plan.
Multi employer plans are currently not required to report this info, and will not be required to report it in the future until the IRS publishes guidance. Regardless, it is the employer's responsibility to report that information to you and they are the ones who will be subject to any fines for not reporting it.

Q4. What transition relief is being provided by Notice 2012-9? To which employers and types of coverage does it apply and how long does it last?
A. For certain employers and with respect to certain types of coverage listed below, the requirement to report the cost of coverage will not apply for the 2012 Forms W-2 (the forms required for the calendar year 2012 that employers generally are required to provide employees in January 2013) and will not apply for future calendar years until the IRS publishes guidance giving at least six months of advance notice of any change to the transition relief. However, reporting by these employers and for these types of coverages may be made on a voluntary basis.
The transition relief applies to the following:
(1) employers filing fewer than 250 Forms W-2 for the previous calendar year (for example, employers filing fewer than 250 2011 Forms W-2 (meaning Forms W-2 for the calendar year 2011, which generally are filed with the SSA in early 2012) will not be required to report the cost of coverage on the 2012 Forms W-2 (which generally are filed with the SSA in early 2013). For purposes of this relief, the number of Forms W-2 the employer files includes any forms it files itself and any filed on its behalf by an agent under § 3504 (see Q&A-3 of Notice 2012-9 for more information). In addition, for purposes of this relief, the employer is determined without the application of any aggregation rules;
(2) multi-employer plans;
(3) Health Reimbursement Arrangements;
(4) dental and vision plans that either

• are not integrated into another group health plan or
  • give participants the choice of declining the coverage or electing it and paying an additional premium (see Q&A-20 of Notice 2012-9 for more information);
(5) self-insured plans of employers not subject to COBRA continuation coverage or similar requirements;
(6) employee assistance programs, on-site medical clinics, or wellness programs for which the employer does not charge a premium under COBRA continuation coverage or similar requirements; and
(7) employers furnishing Forms W-2 to employees who terminate before the end of a calendar year and request a Form W-2 before the end of that year.
For more information on the additional transition relief for certain employers and with respect to types of coverage, see Section IV of Notice 2012-9.

Atomic_Smurf

None of the Teamster run health plans provided the IRS with the information needed. How would it be fair to fine us for something that is out of our control?

If that box is empty, there is a seven page form you willl have to fill out to show you have health insurance. Fair or not, it is very much in your control. Obamacare is being enforced by the IRS & mandates that everyone either show proof of insurance or pay a fine starting 2014. I didn't write the bill, just trying to help people understand it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If that box is empty, there is a seven page form you willl have to fill out to show you have health insurance. Fair or not, it is very much in your control. Obamacare is being enforced by the IRS & mandates that everyone either show proof of insurance or pay a fine starting 2014. I didn't write the bill, just trying to help people understand it.

Please forward the form to me---I will then turn around and put it in the recycling bin. Dave.

Atomic_Smurf

Multi employer plans are currently not required to report this info, and will not be required to report it in the future until the IRS publishes guidance. Regardless, it is the employer's responsibility to report that information to you and they are the ones who will be subject to any fines for not reporting it.

Does UPS have fewer than 250 employees? If not, your posting doesnt apply.

"The transition relief applies to the following:
(1) employers filing fewer than 250 Forms W-2 for the previous calendar year..."​

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

(1) employers filing fewer than 250 Forms W-2 for the previous calendar year..."​

You can't pick and choose those provision(s) that fit your argument. My health care is a multi-employer plan administered by the Teamsters hence the blank box on my W-2.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Maybe you should have read down a little further?
The transition relief applies to the following:
(1) employers filing fewer than 250 Forms W-2 for the previous calendar year (for example, employers filing fewer than 250 2011 Forms W-2 (meaning Forms W-2 for the calendar year 2011, which generally are filed with the SSA in early 2012) will not be required to report the cost of coverage on the 2012 Forms W-2 (which generally are filed with the SSA in early 2013). For purposes of this relief, the number of Forms W-2 the employer files includes any forms it files itself and any filed on its behalf by an agent under § 3504 (see Q&A-3 of Notice 2012-9 for more information). In addition, for purposes of this relief, the employer is determined without the application of any aggregation rules;
(2) multi-employer plans;
(3) Health Reimbursement Arrangements;
(4) dental and vision plans that either

• are not integrated into another group health plan or
  • give participants the choice of declining the coverage or electing it and paying an additional premium (see Q&A-20 of Notice 2012-9 for more information);

(5) self-insured plans of employers not subject to COBRA continuation coverage or similar requirements;
(6) employee assistance programs, on-site medical clinics, or wellness programs for which the employer does not charge a premium under COBRA continuation coverage or similar requirements; and
(7) employers furnishing Forms W-2 to employees who terminate before the end of a calendar year and request a Form W-2 before the end of that year.​
For more information on the additional transition relief for certain employers and with respect to types of coverage, see Section IV of Notice 2012-9.

Or maybe you should just stop trying to deliberately mislead people.

kingOFchester

As of now, there are no guidelines set by the IRS on reporting multi-employer plans.

I assume this will change at some point.

Isn't that what Obama ran on, Change?

I will say this, he has stuck to his platform in regards to change.

Bad Gas!

2 Facts remain on this thread...1) We won't pay for healthcare if UPS wants a contract to pass..
2)..Nobody's really going to know the real effects of Obamacare for a few years..I am not as optimistic as most about Obamacare being a good thing..But I do have an open mind..If it works-great..but it could be a total disaster for this country..It's a great idea to have free healthcare-but it's not free..Congress didn't know what was in it when it passed.They just hate the other politicians on the right side of the aile..