Contract rumor.

rudy5150

Im just hoping my fellow teamsters dont get smoked screened by this healthcare issue and settle short on raises. Especially the part timers who have always been left behind in past contracts! Remember record profits off your backs!

brown_trousers

The contract expires 7/31. If there is no agreement by that time it is possible that we could continue to work under the current contract but that is doubtful.

I personally believe that there will be a ratified contract by June 1st.

The big question is whether UPS is prepared and ready to go to war with a strike, or if they are bluffing and will give in before a strike happens. It will be interesting to see what happens in those last few moments before july 31st if no contract is ratified.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The contract expires 7/31. If there is no agreement by that time it is possible that we could continue to work under the current contract but that is doubtful.

I personally believe that there will be a ratified contract by June 1st.

DAVE, WE will NEVER work under the current contract after 7/31 without a deal. That doesnt happen in our case. We WALK on August 1st, Period.

Peace

TOS

im 22 and my 3 years will be on aug 23. should I start looking for a new job!?!
You should start by saving. If you are a PT 25 to 50 a week, if you are a FT 100 to 200 a week. And also try finding some side work if the strike happens, ask your drivers if they know any one on there routes that have side work. Do this and you will be just fine. And if we don't go on strike you have some spending money.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I asked myself that same question after my first ups pt paycheck lol.

My first UPS paycheck I brought home around $80.00 a week before dues and initiation fee. Fast forward 15 years I still bring home around $85.00 a week but...........$255.00 per week goes in the teamster 401K and UPS stock and $200.00 is pre tax $$'s. It is a part time job use it .

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Is it really that simple? Doesnt a strike require a vote before it is legitimately a strike.

YES it does. And that ratification will come shortly after UPS refuses to withdraw its offer. Now, given the fact that only 10% of you "concerned" members will actually cast a ballot, I can GUARANTEE you that a strike authorization will happen.

We will NEVER prevent the Teamsters from Striking UPS. We will NEVER cave in to some Bullcrap offer just to make the "Weak" members happy.

We will stand on principle and fight for whats right for all members of the UPS Teamsters.

UPS will NOT screw us and take from the members to pay shareholders and Board members. WE DESERVE and DEMAND a fair contract equal to the performance of UPS.

Record profits on the backs of the employees over the last 8 years and UPS wants to give us .50 cents an hour over 7 years?

Scott Davis can shove that .50 cents right up his pompous rear end.

Peace

TOS

FAVREFAN

Wow. Surprised. I am really not loooking forward to the Teamsters running my health care insurance. I forsee that money being used for other things and costing us in the long run. Look at the way the Pensions have been managed. Bad move for us I think.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow. Surprised. I am really not loooking forward to the Teamsters running my health care insurance. I forsee that money being used for other things and costing us in the long run. Look at the way the Pensions have been managed. Bad move for us I think.

The Teamsters administer the healthcare plan----the insurance is through a major carrier. Ours us BC/BS---excellent coverage.

The Teamsters control the pension----enough said.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
The Teamsters administer the healthcare plan----the insurance is through a major carrier. Ours us BC/BS---excellent coverage.

The Teamsters control the pension----enough said.

Dave ,
I believe you listed before what are the high points deductibles,prescriptions,vision ,dental etc. If you would please ?

Thanks,
Stewie

quamba 638

What makes the "union run" pension so bad?
I get the feeling that people aren't too fond of the union running the health care... Why?