Coronavirus

MAKAVELI

Scientists in the U.K. and South Africa have found variants. I'm traveling to Guatemala in August. They, and quite a few other countries, won't let you in if you had visited those two countries in the last 14 days. I'm sorry man but you base a lot of what you believe on your own assumptions, assuming the worst. This virus isn't as dangerous as some would have us believe, but for some people it's very dangerous. And needs to be taken seriously. But the onus should be on people at risk to isolate themselves rather than to completely shut down everything and ruin economies.
It's unpredictability and asymptomatic spread is what makes it more dangerous than most Muricans believe. But there's no convincing these conspiracy theorists until they either experience it or see it happen to a loved one.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
There must be something wrong with me.
I never caught the Covid 19 nor have I had the flu or even a cold for the last few years.
Please someone sent me a cure.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Scientists in the U.K. and South Africa have found variants. I'm traveling to Guatemala in August. They, and quite a few other countries, won't let you in if you had visited those two countries in the last 14 days. I'm sorry man but you base a lot of what you believe on your own assumptions, assuming the worst. This virus isn't as dangerous as some would have us believe, but for some people it's very dangerous. And needs to be taken seriously. But the onus should be on people at risk to isolate themselves rather than to completely shut down everything and ruin economies.

Show me the evidence that the variants have been isolated. If I make any assumption, it is that people lie for their own gain, that other people believe whatever "experts" say because they have no ability to evaluate the information being presented. When presented with contradictory information from equally credentialed "experts", most people will stick with the first information they were exposed to. All these assumptions are confirmed 99.9% of the time, so they are pretty safe. The left wing media generally only push stories that further their narrative, and usually have to twist details to make them fit. When they do tell the truth, it is in such stark contrast to their constant lies, people just ignore it. It's pretty fascinating, really.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I drive a 1977 Corvair.
Nader Special model?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
no hes right we are complete shilish kabahs

tenor (28).gif

vantexan

Show me the evidence that the variants have been isolated. If I make any assumption, it is that people lie for their own gain, that other people believe whatever "experts" say because they have no ability to evaluate the information being presented. When presented with contradictory information from equally credentialed "experts", most people will stick with the first information they were exposed to. All these assumptions are confirmed 99.9% of the time, so they are pretty safe. The left wing media generally only push stories that further their narrative, and usually have to twist details to make them fit. When they do tell the truth, it is in such stark contrast to their constant lies, people just ignore it. It's pretty fascinating, really.
OK, from now on I'll just assume that I know best, up is down, left is right, and absolutely nothing is true unless I decide it's true. They don't say Haines until I say they say Haines.

vantexan

That certainly applies to the U.S. On the other hand take India. Much of the world, including India, doesn't have access to vaccines yet. Only a small percentage have been vaccinated and in India's case that means hundreds of millions who fall into the most vulnerable category are waiting for access to a vaccine while the virus is moving through them. Exactly why we're seeing the numbers we are now. And other countries have reacted in fear, refusing even to let their own citizens return from India. Some can't seem to understand that as they look around them in the States and assume it's not that bad and we're being lied to about elsewhere.

fishtm2001

That certainly applies to the U.S. On the other hand take India. Much of the world, including India, doesn't have access to vaccines yet. Only a small percentage have been vaccinated and in India's case that means hundreds of millions who fall into the most vulnerable category are waiting for access to a vaccine while the virus is moving through them. Exactly why we're seeing the numbers we are now. And other countries have reacted in fear, refusing even to let their own citizens return from India. Some can't seem to understand that as they look around them in the States and assume it's not that bad and we're being lied to about elsewhere.

vantexan

It's unpredictability and asymptomatic spread is what makes it more dangerous than most Muricans believe. But there's no convincing these conspiracy theorists until they either experience it or see it happen to a loved one.
I think it has proven non life threatening for most. But most of us have relatives that fall into the most vulnerable categories. America is one of the most obese countries too. Thankfully we're close to herd immunity and most of the elderly have been vaccinated.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
OK, from now on I'll just assume that I know best, up is down, left is right, and absolutely nothing is true unless I decide it's true. They don't say Haines until I say they say Haines.

Now you're getting it. You are the only authority that matters to you. Once you accept that, you can accept responsibility for forming your own opinions rather than passively accepting what other people want you to believe.

vantexan

Now you're getting it. You are the only authority that matters to you. Once you accept that, you can accept responsibility for forming your own opinions rather than passively accepting what other people want you to believe.
Passively? If you only knew how much reading I do from many sources. But according to you anyone who says something you disagree with should be discounted without considering how they arrived at their conclusions. After all, you haven't researched, you just know. Okey dokey.