Coronavirus

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I saw that and we really need more information such as what vaccine they received and when? If one is totally asymptomatic, do they really have covid? My own feeling is no.
Let's remember that testing results are not 100% accurate.
From the beginning 'False Positives' were noted to be around 3%.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Let's remember that testing results are not 100% accurate.
From the beginning 'False Positives' were noted to be around 3%.
Even with breakthrough infection, the risk of severe problems are extremely low. So if you get a population with immunity through natural or artificial means, there is no need to stop anything.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

For someone who's wrong and/or lies 99% of the time, even Bill Maher couldn't support the fake institutional narrative surrounding covid. Credit where credit is due. He still lets his politics cloud some things, but I'll give this smarmy SOB a solid C- for his attempt to be honest about covid. He is correct so infrequently it's got to be a pretty strange sensation for him.

vantexan

For someone who's wrong and/or lies 99% of the time, even Bill Maher couldn't support the fake institutional narrative surrounding covid. Credit where credit is due. He still lets his politics cloud some things, but I'll give this smarmy SOB a solid C- for his attempt to be honest about covid. He is correct so infrequently it's got to be a pretty strange sensation for him.
Last Friday he pointed out liberals refuse to admit there's been progress in race relations. Talked about how ridiculous it is to say things are worse than Jim Crow laws.

Box Ox

Last Friday he pointed out liberals refuse to admit there's been progress in race relations. Talked about how ridiculous it is to say things are worse than Jim Crow laws.

Yep. He's consistently called out the hard left's ridiculousness in his New Rule segments and often disagrees with interview and panel guests who support their causes while also maintaining his disdain for Trump and Trumpees.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Screenshot_20210616-230304.png

Anybody else see anything odd with this picture?

The big package

WHY ARE GUYS STILL WEARING MASKS? TAKE THEM OFF ITS NOT A FASHION STATEMENT
✊🧔
Probably because 616,000 people have died from this virus in the United States and a 7-day average of deaths right now is about 350 people a week . And now people are traveling internationally and going to countries where the numbers are even worse And then they are going to come home . It's probably going to make it worse , Just sayin !!!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Is the oddity the box you did not include saying 2020 and beyond data are UN projections (from before 2020) and do not include COVID data?

You mean that wasn't included in the link I provided that you clicked on and found it, so you could point it out? Hmmm...

I'm going to be straight up, I was looking at this site last year for some number crunching, and I found someone else post this recently. I assumed 6 months in they would have updated the info, since they had the actual 2019 info this time last year. So I'll own that.

But, since you pointed that out, I did some digging. According to the CDC, the death rate in the US last year was 828 per 100000. The chart I posted lists death per 1000, so you do the conversion, CDC says that deaths were 8.28 per 1000 last year. If you compare that to the death rate for 2019, it fell. Of course, the CDC says the death rate in 2019 was 7.15 per 1000 on their page for 2020 death rate.

Screenshot_20210617-090008.png

But their 2019 page says

Screenshot_20210617-090141.png

Now, on one hand, they are using age adjusted death rate. On the other it doesn't specify.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The only info I can find about crude death rate says it was 8.95, a mere .07 more than what was expected. Which puts it still lower that the rate in 1971. Just sayin'.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Probably because 616,000 people have died from this virus in the United States and a 7-day average of deaths right now is about 350 people a week . And now people are traveling internationally and going to countries where the numbers are even worse And then they are going to come home . It's probably going to make it worse , Just sayin !!!

Masks don't slow the spread of viruses. Ttku.

Fenris

You mean that wasn't included in the link I provided that you clicked on and found it, so you could point it out? Hmmm...

I'm going to be straight up, I was looking at this site last year for some number crunching, and I found someone else post this recently. I assumed 6 months in they would have updated the info, since they had the actual 2019 info this time last year. So I'll own that.

But, since you pointed that out, I did some digging. According to the CDC, the death rate in the US last year was 828 per 100000. The chart I posted lists death per 1000, so you do the conversion, CDC says that deaths were 8.28 per 1000 last year. If you compare that to the death rate for 2019, it fell. Of course, the CDC says the death rate in 2019 was 7.15 per 1000 on their page for 2020 death rate.

View attachment 341181

But their 2019 page says

View attachment 341182

Now, on one hand, they are using age adjusted death rate. On the other it doesn't specify.

I understand where you are coming from. Overall Covid fatalities are a statistical blip. If we really cared about health in this country we would quit normalizing obesity and put as much focus on exercise and proper diet as a number of people do with masks.

Non sequitur

Unsolicited advice is never received. If somebody is searching for better health or a few more years on this planet they will make the effort.

Big business and communist want you to constantly be concerned with the environment or your neighbors health. Just a bunch of marketing from those who want to financially capitalize.