Coronavirus

It will be fine

Of course you take precautions. Just like you do during any cold and flu season. If my parents feel they are higher risk than it’s their responsibility and those around them responsibility to take precautions. The whole world shouldn’t be expected to come to a halt because a small portion of it is at higher risk.
The big issue is overwhelming the available response networks. If we collectively act like this is normal and spread it through the entire population there aren’t enough ventilators or doctors and nurses to deal with it all. We are all better off acting responsibly and containing the outbreak until a vaccine is available.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Yeah but the percentage of those exposed who get sick from ebola is a lot lower than the flu. Its just death rate is way higher if you do get sick.
oh i am not disagreeing with anything you said, just saying it dies with the victim

oldngray

nowhere special
The big issue is overwhelming the available response networks. If we collectively act like this is normal and spread it through the entire population there aren’t enough ventilators or doctors and nurses to deal with it all. We are all better off acting responsibly and containing the outbreak until a vaccine is available.

That is what is currently being done. Limit spread until there is a vaccine. Restrictions should ease off when weather warms up to slow the spread and hopefully will have the vaccine by end of Summer.

Jkloc420

go home, sleep it off

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
1) i would like to think we can handle a severe flu outbreak. So I don’t think we are anywhere near that yet.

2) you tell those that are high risk to stay home or what precautions to take.

what they are doing is likely going to nosedive the world economy into a recession. For something with a mortality rate well under 5%. That’s a bit overkill in my opinion.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
self-quarantine.jpg

Jkloc420

1) i would like to think we can handle a severe flu outbreak. So I don’t think we are anywhere near that yet.

what they are doing is likely going to nosedive the world economy into a recession. For something with a mortality rate well under 5%. That’s a bit overkill in my opinion.
they will figure it out in a couple months they cant stop this and treat it like the flu

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Look up “Flatten the Curve”. A lot of hospitals are near capacity with regular flu. If overwhelmed, more people die or have long term effects than need to.

MAKAVELI

It is a coronavirus which have been around. Just a new strain.

Unless you think it is something that escaped from a Chinese weapons lab.
This particular strain was never discovered in humans before. That's why we don't have a vaccine for it. Is very long incubation and the ability to spread without symptoms is just a couple ways that it's different other viruses.

Jkloc420

I actually think this has been in the united states since December, a lot of people have said they had these symptons