Coronavirus

bacha29

Oh good lord.
Youssa ignant homie.
I would have you to know that one of my most unforgettable childhood memories was having to go down to the high school every Sunday for 3 weeks to be administered the Salk Vaccine.

A nation of just 138 million had lost 405,000 killed and that many more wounded in WWII while watching the children born to the survivors of that war become crippled deformed and maimed at the hands of poliomyelitis including 58,000 new cases just in 1952 alone. A classmate of mine over summer vacation contracted polio and believe me you wouldn't have wanted to see what it did to her.

If not for the Salk team and a national commitment to beating that disease you could just as easily find yourself today spending the rest of your life with crippled and mangled limbs.

It would appear that it's going to take this time a global commitment to beat COVID 19 . So the question is....does the commitment , resources, time and medical know how exist to accomplish another great medical milestone achievement?

oldngray

nowhere special
I would have you to know that one of my most unforgettable childhood memories was having to go down to the high school every Sunday for 3 weeks to be administered the Salk Vaccine.

A nation of just 138 million had lost 405,000 killed and that many more wounded in WWII while watching the children born to the survivors of that war become crippled deformed and maimed at the hands of poliomyelitis including 58,000 new cases just in 1952 alone. A classmate of mine over summer vacation contracted polio and believe me you wouldn't have wanted to see what it did to her.

If not for the Salk team and a national commitment to beating that disease you could just as easily find yourself today spending the rest of your life with crippled and mangled limbs.

It would appear that it's going to take this time a global commitment to beat COVID 19 . So the question is....does the commitment , resources, time and medical know how exist to accomplish another great medical milestone achievement?

The Sabin vaccine was better

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
“In anticipation of storms”

There’s not even a storm watch in place at this time. There’s a 60% chance of rain. Are they saying there could be dangerous storm? Yes but they’re gonna be small pop up variety. This world amazes me every day. Canceling an indoor sporting even because of the threat of rain. Smh
038B5B7F-6B8B-414E-9ACD-4EF452D7658D.jpeg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

You think we're less equipped to deal with a little virus than we were polio.

Either your Trump Derangement Syndrome has gone to new levels, or you're purposefully being ridiculous..... because no one could be that stupid.

Well, maybe @austin.is.a.zero