Coronavirus

rickyb

I'm gonna go get a shot for this at @rickyb 's neighborhood government vaccination clinic so the privatized vaccination capitalists don't get me. And then maybe eat some Hot Pockets and watch Pinky and the Brain if his mom doesn't mind.

nader says superbugs like this(?) are bigger threat than terrorist hype

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I read there is no vaccine for this and it's still a couple years away.

Is this the new version of the Spanish Flu ?
1918 Flu Pandemic That Killed 50 Million Originated in China, Historians Say
Chinese laborers transported across Canada thought to be source

vantexan

Is this the new version of the Spanish Flu ?
1918 Flu Pandemic That Killed 50 Million Originated in China, Historians Say
Chinese laborers transported across Canada thought to be source
Read about that the other day. World population was 1.5 billion, 500,000 million infected, 675,000 dead in the U.S. Would have to think we'd have better ways of fighting it today, but in a country as crowded as China with the sanitary conditions they have this could be incredibly bad. African Swine Fever has actually been around for decades but after it got into China in 2018 it killed hundreds of millions of pigs. Not dangerous to humans but demonstrates how intense a serious virus can be in bad conditions.

Box Ox

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Read about that the other day. World population was 1.5 billion, 500,000 million infected, 675,000 dead in the U.S. Would have to think we'd have better ways of fighting it today, but in a country as crowded as China with the sanitary conditions they have this could be incredibly bad. African Swine Fever has actually been around for decades but after it got into China in 2018 it killed hundreds of millions of pigs. Not dangerous to humans but demonstrates how intense a serious virus can be in bad conditions.
Then China businesses bought up most of the US pig companies and infected them with Swine Flu.
US Officials still say washing your hands with soap & water is still the best protection, but wearing a mask , gloves and covering your eyes are still optional.

cachmeifucan

Good thing gas prices should go down. It's only 1 confirmed case in suburb of Chicago and 1 in Seattle. The 1 in Chicago is in alexian hospital in Arlington Heights area. She was in Chicago since late December. Time for travel ban from all Asian countries stock up on food and water this is about to be an epidemic quick.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This virus last I read, came from snakes.

Anyone really interested in this type of thing should read about the Spanish Flu of 1918. 50-100 million died worldwide.

oldngray

nowhere special
This virus last I read, came from snakes.

Anyone really interested in this type of thing should read about the Spanish Flu of 1918. 50-100 million died worldwide.
I heard snakes, bats or even a Chinese bioweapons lab. Mass confusion about it.