Coronavirus

refineryworker05

We surpassed Italy after they clamped down. And all those respirators, masks, etc? Each state is responsible for having all of that, not the Federal government.
Just stop it, Italy isn’t the only nation in the world and their growth rates really weren’t much different from America’s. Again if the China travel ban worked then our growth rates should be less than nearly everyone else’s and yet ours growth rates are near the top. Just stop with the China travel ban fan fiction. The China travel ban failed. And then trump failed in every other way possible.

refineryworker05

We surpassed Italy after they clamped down. And all those respirators, masks, etc? Each state is responsible for having all of that, not the Federal government.
the federal government has the decisive role to play in securing medical equipment. Trump has the ability to use his power to order manufacturers to build ventilators. He has the ability to use the military to build make shift hospitals and direct tremendous resources. He failed miserably in that role. And as a result we don’t have enough masks nor ventilators. Trump failed yet again.

Last edited:

refineryworker05

Need to rename this thread “Groundhog Day”.

Same thing over and over.
I was responding to posters who first responded to me. My original posts weren’t directed at any individual posters. And you’ll see in all the exchanges. I answered any question I deemed relevant and the not one point I made has been challenged or even questioned. The reality of trump’s complete failure is not even in dispute.

My question is for the people that voted and help elect both GWBush and trump two historically terrible presidents, like do they feel at all responsible for inflicting such misery on this nation twice? Do they think they should question their thoughts when choosing a president if they two times now they keep electing such historically bad ones? Have they learned anything after voting for GWBush and trump?

refineryworker05

Refinery writes 10 sentences when 1 will do, but he’s not wrong. Republicans take power and the country goes to hell. It’s objective reality at this point.
I disagree, the idea I’m expressing about the failure of China travel ban isn’t widely shared, my thoughts about why it failed aren’t widely shared. It needs to be repeated. The reality that Trump has failed Isn’t widely shared. It needs to be repeated.

refineryworker05

Refinery wastes over 2 hours of his life expressing an opinion. The same opinion, over, and over, and over. It's like a campaign against trump ponzi scheme. Opinions are great; when you repeat the same thing over and over, it tells me that they are just repeating something they heard from the media.

I was at work, bored last night. It kept me awake, but more importantly where am I wrong? Where did trump succeed in his response to this virus? His China travel ban failed Because he believed that’s all he had to do yet the virus is everywhere and our growth is amongst the highest in the world. He failed to get early mass testing like South Korea, he failed to stress social distancing early, he failed to lead on telling sports leagues and states and cities to stop large gatherings, he failed to get equipment for patients and doctors and nurses. He praised the lying Chinese government’s handling of the virus, like where didn’t he fail?

upsgrunt

I was at work, bored last night. It kept me awake, but more importantly where am I wrong? Where did trump succeed in his response to this virus? His China travel ban failed Because he believed that’s all he had to do yet the virus is everywhere and our growth is amongst the highest in the world. He failed to get early mass testing like South Korea, he failed to stress social distancing early, he failed to lead on telling sports leagues and states and cities to stop large gatherings, he failed to get equipment for patients and doctors and nurses. He praised the lying Chinese government’s handling of the virus, like where didn’t he fail?

OMG!
Keep saying the same thing- it seems to be working?
We get it. You don't like Trump; He is a failure; people who voted for him should be shot.

refineryworker05

HUGE @washingtonpost story:

On Feb 5, HHS Secretary Azar requested $2 billion to buy respirator masks & other supplies for the national stockpile

Trump cut that request by 75%

Now a mask shortage is forcing healthcare workers to use bandanas & scarves

Like the man failed on every level. This stuff is gonna get more people infected and killed.

refineryworker05

OMG!
Keep saying the same thing- it seems to be working?
We get it. You don't like Trump; He is a failure; people who voted for him should be shot.

“Don’t like trump”, irrelevant. Objective reality doesn’t have anything to do with who likes whom. I really liked Obama as president but there is no doubt that the ACA website failed when they first rolled it out to the public There is no doubt that his promise that no one would lose their health insurance failed to be true. Someone stating those facts has nothing to do with liking President Obama. It’s objective reality.
Trump’s failure on this virus has nothing to do with disliking him. It’s just the truth.

I never implied or said that the voters who support trump should be shot. I just asked the question do the voters of both GWBush and trump regret inflicting all that damage on the nation twice? They should do some introspection About their horrible choices to lead this nation politically.

upsgrunt

“Don’t like trump”, irrelevant. Objective reality doesn’t have anything to do with who likes whom. I really liked Obama as president but there is no doubt that the ACA website failed when they rolled it out. There is no doubt that his promise that no one would lose their health insurance failed to be true. Someone stating those facts has nothing to do with liking President Obama. It’s objective reality.
Trump’s failure on this virus has nothing to do with disliking him. It’s just the truth.

Ok, I'll put my OPINION in.
You, and nobody else, can say what you, or them, or any Democrat would have done in in the same situation, or lay out a better plan. All you can say is failure.
I mean, what is Trump supposed to do, have a press conference and say "Yall gonna die; we are screwed as a country, and may God have mercy on your souls"?
Part of being a leader is to instill hope and not cause hysteria; to be calm in the face of the storm.
Could he have done a few things differently? Sure, but I believe he has done an adequate job that no one could win at, especially when no one can lay out a better plan, or that a Democrat would have done any differently.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You, and nobody else, can say what you, or them, or any Democrat would have done in in the same situation, or lay out a better plan. All you can say is failure.
I mean, what is Trump supposed to do, have a press conference and say "Yall gonna die; we are screwed as a country, and may God have mercy on your souls"?
Part of being a leader is to instill hope and not cause hysteria; to be calm in the face of the storm.
Could he have done a few things differently? Sure, but I believe he has done an adequate job that no one could win at, especially when no one can lay out a better plan, or that a Democrat would have done any differently.

Trump failed. Own it.

refineryworker05

What? You are speaking in vague generalities in an attempt to ignore objective reality. It is dishonest and this will be my last response to you.
So did trump fail to get early testing? Yes he did. Did trump fail to get adequate medical equipment? Yes he did. Did trump fail to lead early on social distancing and telling states and sports leagues to stop large gathers? Yes he did.

You want these vague what could he have done fantasies out there. Yet I listed those specific things he failed to do that have made this virus the disaster it is today. There is no opinion on those questions. He failed on all of them.
It is just dishonesty or willful ignorance to pretend otherwise. Carry on.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What? You are speaking in vague generalities in an attempt to ignore objective reality. It is dishonest and this will be my last response to you.
So did trump fail to get early testing? Yes he did. Did trump fail to get adequate medical equipment? Yes he did. Did trump fail to lead early on social distancing and telling states and sports leagues to stop large gathers? Yes he did.

You want these vague what could he have done fantasies out there. Yet I listed those specific things he failed to do that have made this virus the disaster it is today. There is no opinion on those questions. He failed on all of them.
It is just dishonesty or willful ignorance to pretend otherwise. Carry on.

They'll do anything to defend Trump, including, but not limited to, outright lies, distortion, cherry-picking, and also....pretending.

Trump. Absolute FAIL.

upsgrunt

Doesn't matter what he did, or didn't do. If a person gets in their mind he failed, then that's that. If he had went overboard on precautions, he would have failed in another way.