Coronavirus

155,371 dead Americans, 4.638+million infected. Yesterday saw a total of 1,465 dead, that ties Wed. death total. Deaths have risen in the US for the fourth consecutive week. Yesterday saw Texas lead the nation with 322 deaths, followed by Florida with 252 dead. In third yesterday was Arizona with a 172 dead. All states with GOP governors. 8 of the top ten states for deaths are red states. Florida again led the nation with infections with nearly 10,000, followed by 8,800 In Texas.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The 1.5 million isnt my prediction. It’s you guys saying and the article. That only .06% die from Covid19. That will be 1.5 million people dying. It’s right in the article!

Based on your assumption of a 100% infection rate, which isn't going to happen. If we continued at the same rate, we would reach 100% infected in, what? 25 years?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Again, I’m not making assumptions, it’s in the article that was posted. TTkU.

No, it's another misrepresented statistic to scare the population. Someone in the article said that if everyone contracted COVID-19, then 1.6 million will die.

This was not the point of the article, but I know you have trouble comprehending. The point of the article was that 0.6% of those infected with COVID-19 will die, not 0.6% of the entire population. Big difference.

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Ok, based on your repeating of a journalist's uninformed assumption. Regardless of the source, my point still stands.

The article was about the fatality rate, and someone in the article quoted a number if the entire population contracted COVID-19. It did not state the the entire population will contract COVID-19. I really can't believe @Jumpin Jack Flash is that stupid. Well, maybe I can.

The article was about the fatality rate, and someone in the article quoted a number if the entire population contracted COVID-19. It did not state the the entire population will contract COVID-19. I really can't believe @Jumpin Jack Flash is that stupid. Well, maybe I can.
I know the difference, you’re the one who posted an argument that’s doesn’t support you. Its been proven you didn’t read it before posting. Duh!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I know the difference, you’re the one who posted an argument that’s doesn’t support you. Its been proven you didn’t read it before posting. Duh!

The article was about the fatality rate of COVID-19.

I referenced the article, not for the USA's opinion, but for the fact of the quoted CDC's fatality rate. I could have just posted the CDC's published data, but the majority of the public would stop reading the article after the first paragraph. So I quoted a fairly large and well known left wing media outlet that actually said what the CDC actually printed.

But then, the typical media that has to follow the narrative, throws in their own opinion and misrepresents data, to scare the public.

It was USA that threw in the scare tactic that if the entire population contracted COVID-19, then 1.6 million will die. The CDC never said this.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Ok, based on your repeating of a journalist's uninformed assumption. Regardless of the source, my point still stands.

According to the way @Jumpin Jack Flash interprets data and believes anything anyone tells him, I'm going to put this out there.

Most experts don't argue the fact that the flu has a roughly 0.1% fatality rate, give or take. So that means that about 349,000 people will die from the flu this year. Oh, wait, no, that can't be right, can it?

Using @Jumpin Jack Flash math and assumptions it is right.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
According to the way @Jumpin Jack Flash interprets data and believes anything anyone tells him, I'm going to put this out there.

Most experts don't argue the fact that the flu has a roughly 0.1% fatality rate, give or take. So that means that about 349,000 people will die from the flu this year. Oh, wait, no, that can't be right, can it?

Using @Jumpin Jack Flash math and assumptions it is right.

Well, he doesn't seem to believe anything we say. :laughing:

What it comes down to is the fact that there are a lot of people in the world. At this scale, millions of deaths from all causes every year is not unexpected. But it's still millions of deaths, and that's a lot. We just have to keep things in perspective, and perspective went right out the window with Covid. That has lead to all sorts of bad decisions, and weird beliefs.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Well, he doesn't seem to believe anything we say. :laughing:

What it comes down to is the fact that there are a lot of people in the world. At this scale, millions of deaths from all causes every year is not unexpected. But it's still millions of deaths, and that's a lot. We just have to keep things in perspective, and perspective went right out the window with Covid. That has lead to all sorts of bad decisions, and weird beliefs.

You are correct. Keep things in perspective. How about the deaths from other causes, that are not listed on a daily basis like COVID-19 is. I don't like to see deaths, and I know COVID-19 is pretty new, but look at these numbers to keep the COVID-19 death total in perspective.

In 2020, an estimated 606,520 people will die of cancer in the United States.

According to a recent study by Johns Hopkins, more than 250,000 people in the United States die every year because of medical mistakes,

More than 800,000 people in the United States die from cardiovascular disease each year

Stroke kills about 140,000 Americans each year

According to the CDC, 79,535 deaths occur each year due to diabetes.

This season CDC estimates that, as of mid-March, between 29,000 and 59,000 have died due to influenza illnesses.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Hopefully a little light at the end of the tunnel for evwryone. Get ready to open schools.

The following are excerpts from the above post, along with my commentary.

Professor of theoretical epidemiology Sunetra Gupta, the author of the Oxford Covid-19 model (which proved far more accurate than any others) says:

"In an ideal situation, you would protect the vulnerable as best you can, let people go about their business, allow herd immunity to build up, make sure the economy doesn’t crash, make sure the arts are preserved, and make sure qualities of kindness and tolerance remain in place."

Where have I heard that before?

And one more note on herd immunity:

This paper puts the herd immunity threshold at 10-20%, where have I heard that before?

Imagine that... So simple, but made so difficult because of politics. smh

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Large majority of Americans blame China for global spread of COVID-19, survey finds

A large majority of Americans blame China for the global spread of the coronavirus as animosity toward the country has soared, according to a new survey.

More than three-quarters of Americans — 78 percent — place a “great deal or fair amount of the blame” on China for the virus’ spread around the world, according to the study published Thursday by the Pew Research Center.

Another 73 percent of respondents said they had “unfavorable” views of the country — a figure that rose 26 percentage points since 2018, the surveyors found.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You are correct. Keep things in perspective. How about the deaths from other causes, that are not listed on a daily basis like COVID-19 is. I don't like to see deaths, and I know COVID-19 is pretty new, but look at these numbers to keep the COVID-19 death total in perspective.

In 2020, an estimated 606,520 people will die of cancer in the United States.

According to a recent study by Johns Hopkins, more than 250,000 people in the United States die every year because of medical mistakes,

More than 800,000 people in the United States die from cardiovascular disease each year

Stroke kills about 140,000 Americans each year

According to the CDC, 79,535 deaths occur each year due to diabetes.

This season CDC estimates that, as of mid-March, between 29,000 and 59,000 have died due to influenza illnesses.
1596250599861.png

How many of those aforementioned deaths were caused by a manifestation of a never seen before pathogen.....in a matter of months?

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
View attachment 304342

How many of those aforementioned deaths were caused by a manifestation of a never seen before pathogen.....in a matter of months?

People are freaking out over the number of deaths of COVID-19. Yes, it is a big number. But I believe that most people are concerned about the number of deaths, not that it's from a never before seen pathogen.

While 150,000 deaths is tragic, it's a drop in the bucket compared to the millions that die in the US from other causes.

When people see 150,000 deaths, they freak out. But when they see that 800,000 die of cardiovascular disease each year, and 600,000 die of cancer, it puts a different perspective on that 150,000.

I'm comparing apples to apples. I'm comparing deaths from different deseases.