Coronavirus

zimbomb

People are freaking out over the number of deaths of COVID-19. Yes, it is a big number. But I believe that most people are concerned about the number of deaths, not that it's from a never before seen pathogen.

While 150,000 deaths is tragic, it's a drop in the bucket compared to the millions that die in the US from other causes.

When people see 150,000 deaths, they freak out. But when they see that 800,000 die of cardiovascular disease each year, and 600,000 die of cancer, it puts a different perspective on that 150,000.

I'm comparing apples to apples. I'm comparing deaths from different deseases.
People aren't blowing cancer at other people. The comparison you make doesn't really seem relevant for a communicable disease. Now the death toll is also not all that relevant, probably life year's lost would be more appropriate. What we know is simple a large portion the people are at high risk for poor outcomes if infected. The simplest way to improve their survivability is to lower their chances of becoming infected. Finding the balance is the hard part. The problem the USA has is :censored2: leadership(top, bottom, left, right, sideways), disinformation and a real lack of basic relevant education in the populist.

Cover your face holes, :censored2:

Indoor gatherings need to hit the plause button.

Probably the most important thing that would reduce the death's outside of lowering the community spread is treating higher risk individuals as if both yourself and themselves are infected during interactions.

:censored2:s in the air don't trust air conditioned environments, particularly small enclosed area's with poor airflow.

Viral load seems to play a factor in outcomes. Shortening time spent or :censored2: expelled in an environment is key.

Vitamin D, why the :censored2: not.

There is still so much unknowns and it will take year's to see the results of long term health issues. Do your little part to prevent getting it and giving it. It's going to be a long cold lonely winter.

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The comparison you make doesn't really seem relevant for a communicable disease.

I'm comparing the death toll of different diseases, plain and simple.

Now the death toll is also not all that relevant,

The death toll is relevant. People aren't freaking out because their neighbor may be blowing death at them, people are freaking out at the number of deaths.

That's what all the media is focusing on. One number. The total number of deaths. That's what @Jumpin Jack Flash posts every day, the total number of deaths.

The simplest way to improve their survivability is to lower their chances of becoming infected

I did not deal with survivability or prevention. I just tried to put the total number of deaths from covid-19 in perspective with other disease deaths.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1596261258755.png

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
What we know is simple a large portion the people are at high risk for poor outcomes if infected.

Source? This claim is basically the exact opposite of everything I have read.

The simplest way to improve their survivability is to lower their chances of becoming infected.

I agree with this, for the small portion of the population at high risk. But even some people in the high risk category have had relatively mild cases. I still say it should be up to the individual to determine the level of risk they are comfortable with. The faster the low risk group reaches herd immunity, the sooner the high risk population will be protected.

Cover your face holes, :censored2:

The virus doesn't care about the chain-link fence you have strapped to your face. Or is this about the fetish again?

Indoor gatherings need to hit the plause button.

I don't see a problem with doing this for very large events, like concerts and what not, but only very frightened people will comply with this for very long. Better to let people decide the level of risk they are comfortable with, and get going on herd immunity to protect the high risk population. The longer we draw this out, the more people will die, or the same amount will die no matter what we do, whichever.

Probably the most important thing that would reduce the death's outside of lowering the community spread is treating higher risk individuals as if both yourself and themselves are infected during interactions.

So, set each other on fire? Or how about just letting people decide for themselves the level of risk they are comfortable with?

:censored2:s in the air don't trust air conditioned environments, particularly small enclosed area's with poor airflow.

I agree, many large outbreaks might have been avoided if hvac systems cycled fresh air more often.

Viral load seems to play a factor in outcomes. Shortening time spent or :censored2: expelled in an environment is key.

I agree with this as well. People who experience GI symptoms tend to have less severe cases. Maybe we should look into doing fecal transplants for high risk people so they'll have less severe cases?

Vitamin D, why the :censored2: not.

Just so long as we aren't pepper spraying people who aren't getting enough sun. Those selfish introverts, staying inside all the time, killing people with their low vitamin d levels.

There is still so much unknowns and it will take year's to see the results of long term health issues. Do your little part to prevent getting it and giving it. It's going to be a long cold lonely winter.

This is a lie they keep telling to get people to accept the absurd actions they are forcing. We know most of what we need to in order to formulate effective policy. Just about everything that has been recommended and done so far has made things worse, because they are ignoring the people who have gotten everything right so far.

Also, testing and tracing aren't the key to getting through the pandemic.

We've reached the peak on average across the nation, now we're on the downhill slide. August 25th, it'll be pretty much over. Get ready to get snuggly this winter.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Hey, on a slight tangent, anyone hear about the salmonella outbreak from earlier in July? Wanna know how many times the doctors kept retesting for covid? Enough to get the answer they expected. I would think the first negative test would get them to look at more likely causes of GI distress, but nope, it's just gotta be the covid. Some of these guys should not be practicing medicine.

floridays

Hey, on a slight tangent, anyone hear about the salmonella outbreak from earlier in July? Wanna know how many times the doctors kept retesting for covid? Enough to get the answer they expected. I would think the first negative test would get them to look at more likely causes of GI distress, but nope, it's just gotta be the covid. Some of these guys should not be practicing medicine.
We aren't hearing from those currently practicing.
I should have said the policy makers aren't.

157,184 dead American, 4.729+million infected. Yesterday was another 1,000+ plus dead, making it 4 straight days. Texas led the death total yesterday with 295 dead, followed by Florida with 256 dead. Texas and Florida were also one-two in newly infected both with over 9,000. Florida has another 179 dead today. A state climbing up the charts up and becoming a hotspot is Tennessee. They’ve resisted shutting down again, and their numbers are spiking. Dr. Redfield has predicted a deadly fall season for the southern states.

upschuck

157,184 dead American, 4.729+million infected. Yesterday was another 1,000+ plus dead, making it 4 straight days. Texas led the death total yesterday with 295 dead, followed by Florida with 256 dead. Texas and Florida were also one-two in newly infected both with over 9,000. Florida has another 179 dead today. A state climbing up the charts up and becoming a hotspot is Tennessee. They’ve resisted shutting down again, and their numbers are spiking. Dr. Redfield has predicted a deadly fall season for the southern states.
What are you asking for today?

fishtm2001

"A global pandemic ravaging America is no time to forget the first rule of American health care: There is no set price. One out-of-network medical provider in Texas seeks permission from patients to charge fees as high as six-figures to their insurance. "

Propublica

That's nice.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Covid deaths are under-reported in the USA but we already lead the world in that number.
Ill try to say this in your language, "Baaaa baaaaaaa".
Chinese Virus deaths are over reported in the United States of America and underreported in the rest of the world.

People with a political agenda will not admit that fact.
Absolutely over reported. I know of multiple cases, personally, that were not chinese virus deaths, yet death certificate says cause of death Covid19.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Chinese Virus deaths are over reported in the United States of America and underreported in the rest of the world.

People with a political agenda will not admit that fact.
Most/all other countries have no reason for the healthcare employees to over-report COVID-19 cases.
The USA Government incents hospitals to over-report COVID-19 cases.
Money talks.

SEND NUDES OF A ...
1596310200195.png

Last edited: