Coronavirus

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Death rate continues to plummet.
Democrats are losing their minds that the Chinese Virus is fizzling out. It was their only hope of beating President Trump.

The dopey President Donald Trump had his tweets and Facebook posts blocked for spreading misinformation. Trump said children are, “virtually immune”. Once again proving he has no idea what immune means.
You’ll notice DIDO has no idea what he talking about. Easy to see the statement isn’t edited, it’s in its original form. Learn to read! Hope that helps!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I’ll never understand the right wingers hate America’s education system. They currently have the chance to watch their kid learn at home on a monitor. Mommy and daddy can watch child learn. A parent can even watch the teacher teach, and not be in the classroom. Less buses, less taxpayer money. No bus insurance, no gas bil, no mechanic bills, less traffic on roads. Children won’t have to be harmed to and from school. Some people like to complain no matter what.
Children also won’t learn anything. You have done remote learning.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
One can’t be, “virtually immune”. One is either immune or not.

You just make stuff up. Immunity is not an absolute when it comes to disease.

Immunity:

noun
  1. the ability of an organism to resist a particular infection or toxin by the action of specific antibodies or sensitized white blood cells.
    "immunity to typhoid seems to have increased spontaneously"
The word "resist" suggests that immunity has gradients. If immunity were absolute it couldn't "increase spontaneously".

Virtually immune means immune for all intents and purposes. Kids rarely get sick with covid 19 and they rarely transmit it. Virtually immune.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You just make stuff up. Immunity is not an absolute when it comes to disease.

Immunity:

noun
  1. the ability of an organism to resist a particular infection or toxin by the action of specific antibodies or sensitized white blood cells.
    "immunity to typhoid seems to have increased spontaneously"
The word "resist" suggests that immunity has gradients. If immunity were absolute it couldn't "increase spontaneously".

Virtually immune means immune for all intents and purposes. Kids rarely get sick with covid 19 and they rarely transmit it. Virtually immune.
Yup, there are different levels of immunity. New research is showing you don't necessarily even need to be exposed to the KungFlu in order to have some immunity.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yup, there are different levels of immunity. New research is showing you don't necessarily even need to be exposed to the KungFlu in order to have some immunity.

Yeah, I read that some who had Sars-cov-1 were immune to cov-2. And there's some evidence of immunity through exposure to some seasonal corona viruses.

Most people who get it and are asymptomatic also exhibit some level of immunity, since their immune systems are handling it without causing symptoms. The fact that it is possible, even though extremely rare, that they can transmit it suggests you can be mostly immune, or even virtually immune, but not entirely immune.

Meat

Many on this section of the board have referred to the current pandemic as a seasonal “flu”.

Has this turned out to be correct?

zimbomb

Too bad sending them back to school doesn't mean suicides in youth will go down. It could just as easily cause an increase, compounding stresses and anxiety. Pence turned a regional opioid problem into the largest HIV/aids cluster in recent history. Don't act like anyone cares about drug related death's...