Coronavirus

Box Ox

I wonder what the seasonal flu numbers were?

Preliminary In-Season 2019-2020 Flu Burden Estimates

345.png

Yup, there are different levels of immunity. New research is showing you don't necessarily even need to be exposed to the KungFlu in order to have some immunity.

A study of 68 people in Germany. Hardly a significant study. I know your pro-Fascism with your support of Trump.One is either immune or not. Some immunity isn’t immunity! Immunity is all or nothing!

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Many on this section of the board have referred to the current pandemic as a seasonal “flu”.

Has this turned out to be correct?

It's always been a comparison, not a claim that the two are the same. There are ways in which covid-19 is worse, and ways it is not anywhere near as bad. Now that the numbers are dropping, if it sticks around at all, it will be more comparable to a mild cold. It just so happens that some small portion of the population had a severe reaction to this illness.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Many on this section of the board have referred to the current pandemic as a seasonal “flu”.

Has this turned out to be correct?
We will never know, but would be interesting to see how this would play out if we didn't have 24/7 instant communication amplification of this flu. The media has really scared everyone. People assume this flu means certain death even though this is far from the case. Massive testing is also changing numbers as did shipping the infected into nursing homes. Also, unlike the epidemic of 68-69, our population is currently suffering from increased risk factors such as obesity and diabetes.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
We both thought we had it early on. Had the symptoms of fever, achy body , heaviness, coughing , felt very crappy and so tired slept a lot. This lasted for several days. Lots of chicken soup and rest.

This was back in April and there was no testing at the time. Now testing in my town is a joke.It takes 7-10 days to get results. We are in a high risk group but have read many people have symptoms like we did and its just like a bad flu.

We still don't take any chances. It may have been a flu and not CV. We havent been tested to see if we have antibodies for CV-19. Hoping that we already got it and just a minor form.