Coronavirus

rickyb

wow. so in this episode i just got to the part where they ask did corona come from a lab and the guy thinks so. there are labs everywhere, in america, etc. the safety record is not very good, and some of the viruses are 50% rate of mortality whereas covid is only around 5% or so. america has banned and unbanned lab experiments.

maybe something for the left and right wing to peacefully protest about?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
wow. so in this episode i just got to the part where they ask did corona come from a lab and the guy thinks so. there are labs everywhere, in america, etc. the safety record is not very good, and some of the viruses are 50% rate of mortality whereas covid is only around 5% or so. america has banned and unbanned lab experiments.

Ricky, most people are involved in this thing called "life".

Sooner or later (in your case later) you'll grow up.
You won't have time to complain about things.
You'll have to man up, and go to work. Be a provider. And make something of yourself.

Until then, you are stuck justifying the insanity in your head.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
yea i think even glenn greenwald was trying to square covid response with his libertarianism.

i can understand how if you catch covid from not social distancing then you can spread it to your family. i dont get how you can catch covid if you are all social distancing. different countries had different outcomes, and i actually dont buy the idea that the numbers cant be trusted anymore than they can 100% be trusted. like i actually believe thailand did good with their response, and probably china as well. and new zealand.

I think outcomes are more dependent on demographics and population density and other health factors than any action that might be taken. An individual can take steps to protect themselves, perhaps, but a government agency is probably not very likely to take actions that will protect entire populations, though that is dependent on the size/density of the population and its relative isolation.

As for social distancing, it's not the end all be all. If you are in an enclosed, poorly ventilated space with a lot of other people, social distancing isn't going to help you. Social distancing and mask wearing basically only protect you from people coughing, sneezing, or spitting directly into your face. Those are not the biggest drivers of the spread. Walking past someone closer than 6 ft with no mask will not cause you to catch the virus. Wearing a mask in enclosed, poorly ventilated spaces will not protect you from the virus. If we want to take steps that will actually help slow the spread, we should look at ventilation system requirements for indoor, commercial spaces.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

The safety record is very good in western civilization. The Chinese commies have a terrible safety record at their labs.

Liberals do not allow discussing that fact.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Think we finally figured out why Jack wants those mask mandates
5D9CCE50-675B-4B4B-8937-75BD49510CB4.jpeg

rickyb

Ricky, most people are involved in this thing called "life".

Sooner or later (in your case later) you'll grow up.
You won't have time to complain about things.
You'll have to man up, and go to work. Be a provider. And make something of yourself.

Until then, you are stuck justifying the insanity in your head.
yea i go to school. kinda like how a housewife does work at home. same :censored2:

rickyb

I think outcomes are more dependent on demographics and population density and other health factors than any action that might be taken. An individual can take steps to protect themselves, perhaps, but a government agency is probably not very likely to take actions that will protect entire populations, though that is dependent on the size/density of the population and its relative isolation.

As for social distancing, it's not the end all be all. If you are in an enclosed, poorly ventilated space with a lot of other people, social distancing isn't going to help you. Social distancing and mask wearing basically only protect you from people coughing, sneezing, or spitting directly into your face. Those are not the biggest drivers of the spread. Walking past someone closer than 6 ft with no mask will not cause you to catch the virus. Wearing a mask in enclosed, poorly ventilated spaces will not protect you from the virus. If we want to take steps that will actually help slow the spread, we should look at ventilation system requirements for indoor, commercial spaces.
i dunno but theres moisture just breathing air out.

the govt sure helped us out in canada, they gave us $2000 a month if we werent working and that helped us social distance. i just posted something in the anti capitalism thread about how as soon as govt benefits finished people were having a hard time. and its probably govt response which is why some countries have done better than others, in addition to how old thier population is.

even if your home is poorly ventilated and everyone is not going out, i dont see how u can catch the virus unless u get it in a store. the social distancing makes sense. i havent listened to alot of corona stuff, i listened to consumer reports, michael greger. maybe ill check out CSPI.

rickyb

LMAO.

No.
No, Ricky.

My mother was (is), a stay at home housewife.
I promise you she worked harder on her easiest day than you've worked on your hardest.

You don't even have a clue what you're saying.
well thats BS. trying learning combinations and permutations. its not that easy.

rickyb

LMAO.

No.
No, Ricky.

My mother was (is), a stay at home housewife.
I promise you she worked harder on her easiest day than you've worked on your hardest.

You don't even have a clue what you're saying.
u know some european countries pay their students to learn...like a job normally does LOL

just because were not so civilized doesnt mean it aint work.

btw what school have u done?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
well thats BS. trying learning combinations and permutations. its not that easy.
Lol nope.

You've never taken care of 8 kids and run a household before. It's way less than not easy.
My Mom is a saint, and the hardest worker I know.

You can't even get yourself to hold down a real job, so I know pretty good what you're about.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
u know some european countries pay their students to learn...like a job normally does LOL

just because were not so civilized doesnt mean it aint work.

btw what school have u done?
My schooling?

I went to college for one class, and decided I needed to earn a living instead.
I took Calc. Scored a 98.2% on the class.

It's Europe. Everything is so *^&%#$ backwards there it isn't even funny.

rickyb

Lol nope.

You've never taken care of 8 kids and run a household before. It's way less than not easy.
My Mom is a saint, and the hardest worker I know.

You can't even get yourself to hold down a real job, so I know pretty good what you're about.
well if she wanted 8 kids then thats alot of work. i wouldve gotten an abortion either 7 or 8 times.

yea im a student. thats work. im not sure what we get paid for being a student during covid

rickyb

My schooling?

I went to college for one class, and decided I needed to earn a living instead.
I took Calc. Scored a 98.2% on the class.

It's Europe. Everything is so *^&%#$ backwards there it isn't even funny.
they have a higher life expectancy than america, and i think theyre happier than americans too.

dude i donno. congrats on ur math score, hopefully i dont have to take that.