Coronavirus

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Fact-Checking COVID-19 Whistleblower Li-Meng Yan's Paper Suggesting Coronavirus is Man-Made

"Moreover, it appears as though the Society was founded by a former POTUS adviser that was recently charged by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for fraud, along with Guo Wengui, a Chinese businessman who fled China back in 2014 due to bribery charges and more.

With that, many are skeptical about the legitimacy of the paper."
Glad to know Steve Bannon is such a fan of science
So Twitter now suspends the account of anyone who links to a scientific study that hasn't been peer reviewed.

Oooookay, that seems reasonable........

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
COVID-19 emails from Nashville mayor's office show disturbing revelation

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — The coronavirus cases on lower Broadway may have been so low that the mayor’s office and the Metro Health Department decided to keep it secret.

Emails between the mayor’s senior advisor and the health department reveal only a partial picture. But what they reveal is disturbing.

The discussion involves the low number of coronavirus cases emerging from bars and restaurants and how to handle that.

And most disturbingly, how to keep it from the public.

On June 30th, contact tracing was given a small view of coronavirus clusters. Construction and nursing homes were found to be causing problems with more than a thousand cases traced to each category, but bars and restaurants reported just 22 cases.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
We don't know and may never know how many actually died or even contracted COVID 19. The reporting is an embarrassment. The numbers have been manipulated for nefarious reasons. The approach of closing everything down rather than protecting the vulnerable was something that had NEVER been done before. The cure, in my opinion, has been far worse than the actual virus and continues to exploit the lives of many for the political gain of a few. smh

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Welcome.png

Up In Smoke

We don't know and may never know how many actually died or even contracted COVID 19. The reporting is an embarrassment. The numbers have been manipulated for nefarious reasons. The approach of closing everything down rather than protecting the vulnerable was something that had NEVER been done before. The cure, in my opinion, has been far worse than the actual virus and continues to exploit the lives of many for the political gain of a few. smh
I'm not arguing the numbers may be wrong, in either direction, but the vast majority of people die in the hospital. The average hospital stay for a covid positive patient is 22.4 days. Longer if the patient survives (28.3 days) than if the patient dies (22). If there is a conspiracy to skew the numbers one way or the other, how deep would it go and how many people would it involve. 6,100 hospitals plus doctors, nurses, coroners, county health departments, could be tens of millions of people involved. I just don't buy it.

fishtm2001

In a report released by the city, the Office of New York City’s Chief Medical Examiner released statistics showing that deaths in the five boroughs more than doubled in 2020 compared to the amount that occurred in 2019.

The medical examiner’s figures were included in an annual report released by the mayor’s office on Friday.

The city recorded 65,712 deaths in the 2020 fiscal year, compared to 30,964 in 2019 and 30,213 in 2018.

That’s more than 35,000 deaths in excess of the average set by the previous two years.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm not arguing the numbers may be wrong, in either direction, but the vast majority of people die in the hospital. The average hospital stay for a covid positive patient is 22.4 days. Longer if the patient survives (28.3 days) than if the patient dies (22). If there is a conspiracy to skew the numbers one way or the other, how deep would it go and how many people would it involve. 6,100 hospitals plus doctors, nurses, coroners, county health departments, could be tens of millions of people involved. I just don't buy it.

It doesn't take a conspiracy of millions.

Never underestimate the lengths people will go to in order to avoid conflict. That is why the pursuit of truth is paramount, and pursuing lesser ideals, like peace and harmony, can, quite often, have the opposite outcomes.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
In a report released by the city, the Office of New York City’s Chief Medical Examiner released statistics showing that deaths in the five boroughs more than doubled in 2020 compared to the amount that occurred in 2019.

The medical examiner’s figures were included in an annual report released by the mayor’s office on Friday.

The city recorded 65,712 deaths in the 2020 fiscal year, compared to 30,964 in 2019 and 30,213 in 2018.

That’s more than 35,000 deaths in excess of the average set by the previous two years.

You can make numbers say whatever you want if you can pick and choose which data sets to compare them to. Why only go back two years? That doesn't give the claims much statistical relevance.