Coronavirus

rickyb

1600625506695.png

fishtm2001

"Without notice in May, the CDC altered guidance for reopening houses of worship, deleting a warning posted the previous day that said the act of singing may contribute to coronavirus transmission — a switch reportedly due to pressure from the White House. Friday's updated guidance identified singing as one of the activities that could produce infectious aerosols."

Yahoo

That's nice.

upschuck

"Without notice in May, the CDC altered guidance for reopening houses of worship, deleting a warning posted the previous day that said the act of singing may contribute to coronavirus transmission — a switch reportedly due to pressure from the White House. Friday's updated guidance identified singing as one of the activities that could produce infectious aerosols."

Yahoo

That's nice.
If the CDC can be manipulated that easily, I can't have much confidence in anything that they say, anymore. They flip flop way too much.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
If the CDC can be manipulated that easily, I can't have much confidence in anything that they say, anymore. They flip flop way too much.
Funny you mentioned that...

CDC backtracks on warning that coronavirus is airborne

The CDC has reversed its stance on whether the coronavirus is airborne, days after it warned that the virus spreads most commonly through the air and is more contagious than the agency had previously suggested.

Language explaining that the virus is airborne, published Friday, was a "draft version" posted to the agency's website in error, according to a note published on Monday morning. "CDC is currently updating its recommendations regarding airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2," the note says, adding that a version of the Friday language will be posted once the process is complete.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

The CDC has reversed its stance on whether the coronavirus is airborne, days after it warned that the virus spreads most commonly through the air and is more contagious than the agency had previously suggested.

Language explaining that the virus is airborne, published Friday, was a "draft version" posted to the agency's website in error, according to a note published on Monday morning. "CDC is currently updating its recommendations regarding airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2," the note says, adding that a version of the Friday language will be posted once the process is complete.

I went back to one of my post dated 30 March 2020 relating to a church choir practice...Others on this site were saying the same thing...I guess we figured it out before the professionals in the CDC and WHO...

"Who do you Trust"....(Not the so called professionals)

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
closing in on 200,000 dead....winning?
Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day.Mar 23, 2020.

Obama smokes, Trump doesn’t.

Where’s your outrage?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day.Mar 23, 2020.

Where’s your outrage?

Right next to his crocodile tears.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I read this when you posted it, but I had to think about the implications a little. Am I to take this to mean that not only is the CDC just now figuring out something that has been pretty well established since probably March, but after publicizing their incompetence and catching up with the science, they turn around and double down on their incompetence? How can anyone take anything from the CDC seriously? It is undoubtedly a politicized agency, and cannot be trusted with carrying out its purpose. No wonder people think masks work, they have no idea how the virus actually spreads! #defundthecdc.

200 (1).gif

b120870638402a6e76ebf12d78d2e08d.gif

Up In Smoke

The article isn't supported by the facts. Sweden has a population of 10 million, the same as Norway and Finland combined. Sweden has 90 thousand cases from 1.5 million tests and Norway/Finland have 22 thousand cases from 1.9 million tests. Sweden has 6,000 deaths (581/m) and Norway/Finland has 600 deaths (100/m). Sweden ranks 10th in deaths per million population in the world and the other two combined are 87th.

rickyb

Where’s your outrage?
yea but thats the sum of a combination of these things (1,2,4, etc). this is from 2017. so corona is #3 and makes this flu season 6x more deadly than 2017. im not sure what should be done about smoking, the second hand smoke is troubling unless those people chose to be with the smokers. thats why smokers quite often have to social distance themselves ;):
1600871532914.png