Coronavirus

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Good to know California has at least ONE elected official with common sense.
I really like Tom Mcclintock. He has run for governor of California b4. Unfortunately, he's in the minority with his common sense. I can only imagine if he were Governor. The video had me cheering and should be required viewing for everyone.

Coincidentally, we were out last night at our favorite local bar/restaurant. Sat next to a guy we've talked with before. He takes the train from the L.A. area frequently to enjoy what little freedom we have here in the O.C. He says he's a Libertarian and hates all this lock-down garbage. He actually was very excited about that article/video you posted and told me to check it out. Kinda forgot about it today until you posted it.

Thanks for the post, that was GREAT!!!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I really like Tom Mcclintock. He has run for governor of California b4. Unfortunately, he's in the minority with his common sense. I can only imagine if he were Governor. The video had me cheering and should be required viewing for everyone.

Coincidentally, we were out last night at our favorite local bar/restaurant. Sat next to a guy we've talked with before. He takes the train from the L.A. area frequently to enjoy what little freedom we have here in the O.C. He says he's a Libertarian and hates all this lock-down garbage. He actually was very excited about that article/video you posted and told me to check it out. Kinda forgot about it today until you posted it.

Thanks for the post, that was GREAT!!!

You and @cheryl should visit Florida. Lots of freedom here. You can almost forget there is a pandemic sometimes. I love it!

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
You and @cheryl should visit Florida. Lots of freedom here. You can almost forget there is a pandemic sometimes. I love it!
Oh, believe me we're talking about it. We've been to FL several times.

Last night was the first night of a STATE-WIDE CURFEW 10PM-5AM initiated by Newsom. He just can't kill businesses enough. We know the owner of the place we went to last night. The hoops they have to jump through to stay in business is crazy and that is if they make it... Many will go out of business, it is shameful, harmful, and unnecessary. There's no logic to it and they sure as hell are not following any science. :furious::sad-little:

P.S. Is there a less humid and buggie part of Florida? :wink-very:

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member

Last night was the first night of a STATE-WIDE CURFEW 10PM-5AM initiated by Newsom. He just can't kill businesses enough. We know the owner of the place we went to last night. The hoops they have to jump through to stay in business is crazy and that is if they make it... Many will out of business, it is shameful, harmful, and unnecessary. There's no logic to it and they sure as hell are not following any science. :furious::sad-little:

We have that 10-5 thing in the East coast libturd state too. I don't get it, can the virus tell time? Does it spread more after 10?

Last edited by a moderator:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Last night was the first night of a STATE-WIDE CURFEW 10PM-5AM initiated by Newsom. He just can't kill businesses enough. We know the owner of the place we went to last night. The hoops they have to jump through to stay in business is crazy and that is if they make it... Many will go out of business, it is shameful, harmful, and unnecessary. There's no logic to it and they sure as hell are not following any science. :furious::sad-little:

No, but there is a less humid time of year. It’s usually from October or November to about April. My sister just moved here from California by way of Olympia, WA, and she LOVES it. She was even surprised that she did. There are ways to get around the humidity (A/C) and bugs (screened back yards, aka lanais).

floridays

We have that 10-5 thing in the East coast libturd state too. I don't get it, can the virus tell time? Does it spread more after 10?
Yes, it is also cognitive of those enjoying life and those destroying others things.
It attacks those that enjoy life, it is an extremely intelligent virus.

vantexan

No, but there is a less humid time of year. It’s usually from October or November to about April. My sister just moved here from California by way of Olympia, WA, and she LOVES it. She was even surprised that she did. There are ways to get around the humidity (A/C) and bugs (screened back yards, aka lanais).
Grew up in Florida. Was 20 before ever seeing snow up in Tennessee. My hometown is just outside what is now The Villages. On the one hand when I return to visit I miss all the orange groves and cow pastures we used to have. On the other hand it's impressive how manicured everything is and all the amenities now that were so lacking when I was a teenager. When I was a teen I ran 4 miles a night in the heat and humidity when I wasn't playing basketball. Was used to it. After experiencing dry air out west and very few bugs I can't imagine going back to the heat and humidity. And more lightning in Central Florida than just about anywhere else on Earth. I returned for a couple of years in my 30's. Not a fun job when 97° and super humid. And the traffic is horrendous now. Glad you found a great spot in Florida, but not for me anymore.

floridays

Tony, look to the Keys, you can make it fine.

I know you didn't ask me, just offering a little advice.
Ocean, Gulf breeze is your greatest friend.
You'll love it.

floridays

Grew up in Florida. Was 20 before ever seeing snow up in Tennessee. My hometown is just outside what is now The Villages. On the one hand when I return to visit I miss all the orange groves and cow pastures we used to have. On the other hand it's impressive how manicured everything is and all the amenities now that were so lacking when I was a teenager. When I was a teen I ran 4 miles a night in the heat and humidity when I wasn't playing basketball. Was used to it. After experiencing dry air out west and very few bugs I can't imagine going back to the heat and humidity. And more lightning in Central Florida than just about anywhere else on Earth. I returned for a couple of years in my 30's. Not a fun job when 97° and super humid. And the traffic is horrendous now. Glad you found a great spot in Florida, but not for me anymore.
My hometown is Miami, southwest Miami, was nothing there basically if you turned 2 blocks off the Dixie Hwy.

That is not the case obviously now either.
I've found in every climate I have lived in my body becomes acclimated after a period of time.
I never wore long britches unless we were going to church. :thumbup1:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The Gulf side is where it’s at. Never gets over 95° and the trade winds are always blowing. Still lots of orange groves and cow pastures on my route.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My hometown is Miami, southwest Miami, was nothing there basically if you turned 2 blocks off the Dixie Hwy.

I've found in every climate I have lived in my body becomes acclimated after a period of time.
I’m determined not to wear pants to work no matter how cold it gets.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
So here are a few questions about Florida. Atlantic or Gulf side? Compare these areas... Tampa Bay/St. Petersburg, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Naples, Palm Beach. Or any other ideas. Might consider a totally different area too like outside of Las Vegas, Summerlin area.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So here are a few questions about Florida. Atlantic or Gulf side? Compare these areas... Tampa Bay/St. Petersburg, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Naples, Palm Beach. Or any other ideas. Might consider a totally different area too like outside of Las Vegas, Summerlin area.
Definitely Gulf side. Better beaches and not as touristy, IMO. The Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area is more for younger, party people. Tampa, Naples or Ft Myers out of your list.

vantexan

I've lived in some of the hottest areas of the U.S. Very humid areas, some dry. Dry is better! Dry or not when it was 125° in Bullhead City, AZ it was miserable. But nowhere worse than Eagle Pass, TX. They have what they call the "100 100's." At least 100 straight days of 100F+ with most of the rest of the year high 80's on up. And it's humid.