Coronavirus

Box Ox

COVID-19 (coronavirus): Long-term effects
I got my information from the mayo clinic, where is yours coming from

Organ damage caused by COVID-19​

Although COVID-19 is seen as a disease that primarily affects the lungs, it can damage many other organs as well. This organ damage may increase the risk of long-term health problems. Organs that may be affected by COVID-19 include:

• Heart. Imaging tests taken months after recovery from COVID-19 have shown lasting damage to the heart muscle, even in people who experienced only mild COVID-19 symptoms. This may increase the risk of heart failure or other heart complications in the future.
  • Lungs. The type of pneumonia often associated with COVID-19 can cause long-standing damage to the tiny air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs. The resulting scar tissue can lead to long-term breathing problems.
  • Brain. Even in young people, COVID-19 can cause strokes, seizures and Guillain-Barre syndrome — a condition that causes temporary paralysis. COVID-19 may also increase the risk of developing Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.

Blood clots and blood vessel problems​

COVID-19 can make blood cells more likely to clump up and form clots. While large clots can cause heart attacks and strokes, much of the heart damage caused by COVID-19 is believed to stem from very small clots that block tiny blood vessels (capillaries) in the heart muscle.

Other parts of the body affected by blood clots include the lungs, legs, liver and kidneys. COVID-19 can also weaken blood vessels and cause them to leak, which contributes to potentially long-lasting problems with the liver and kidneys

From the mayo clinic site.
Again I prefer to get my health information from actual medical professionals, instead of a bunch of anecdotal information
giphy.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Organ damage caused by COVID-19​

Although COVID-19 is seen as a disease that primarily affects the lungs, it can damage many other organs as well. This organ damage may increase the risk of long-term health problems. Organs that may be affected by COVID-19 include:

• Heart. Imaging tests taken months after recovery from COVID-19 have shown lasting damage to the heart muscle, even in people who experienced only mild COVID-19 symptoms. This may increase the risk of heart failure or other heart complications in the future.
  • Lungs. The type of pneumonia often associated with COVID-19 can cause long-standing damage to the tiny air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs. The resulting scar tissue can lead to long-term breathing problems.
  • Brain. Even in young people, COVID-19 can cause strokes, seizures and Guillain-Barre syndrome — a condition that causes temporary paralysis. COVID-19 may also increase the risk of developing Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.

Blood clots and blood vessel problems​

COVID-19 can make blood cells more likely to clump up and form clots. While large clots can cause heart attacks and strokes, much of the heart damage caused by COVID-19 is believed to stem from very small clots that block tiny blood vessels (capillaries) in the heart muscle.

Other parts of the body affected by blood clots include the lungs, legs, liver and kidneys. COVID-19 can also weaken blood vessels and cause them to leak, which contributes to potentially long-lasting problems with the liver and kidneys

From the mayo clinic site.
Again I prefer to get my health information from actual medical professionals, instead of a bunch of anecdotal information

The heart damage claims are based on a single study that was retracted after peer review. There way it was conducted, there was no way to determine whether the damage was caused by covid, or if it was pre-existing. I'll have to read up more on the other clotting issues, but from what I've read so far, it is mostly an issue that is happening in patients who are so far gone, that the clots are just contributing to their deaths. I haven't seen much in the literature that suggests people with mild cases develop long term effects from clots, or even ones who recover from more severe cases. The only thing I've come across that hasn't been complete conjecture is the scarring in the lungs from people who develop pneumonia, which is common regardless of the cause of the pneumonia. The person who created that infographic had to do a lot of extrapolation and put a lot of imagination into it. That information is not a sound basis for policy making.

newfie

trump could have shown some leadership and been an example of how to protect ourselves. Instead he just told the American people that it will be gone come Spring. Just ignore the danger and it will go away. Holding super spreader rallies. Telling his militias to fight their state leaders when they do try and slow the spread.
and we loved him for it. I wont follow a bird brain who hides in the basement. I want a leader with Big Freaking Balls. Its something you snowflakes will never understand and often ponder as you pee sitting on the toilet.

286,288 dead Americans, 14.839+million infected. The state of Texas was the big leader in deaths yesterday with over 240 dead. The city of El Paso is getting rocked. Texas has a HUGE anti-mask population that is literally killing their own families. This dope state that has a history of paying less and receiving more government funding is true American welfare state. Most Americans have wanted Texas to secede for decades. Another interesting fact about this trash state, they have a Canadian born representing them in Congress.

10,000 Americans have died from Trump Flu in the last 4 days. Trump has failed America, he’s just quit on the country. A real baby, a poor loser. Trump got a shot that saved his life months ago. The average American can’t get that shot today. It’s amazing how the politically connected, actors, athletes, and musicians are getting ill and recovering, the average American is dying if they get Covid. We all know Trump is obese. Chris Christie.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
What a joke. The whole state of California is shutting down again in the next day or two, including outdoor dining.

Can anyone say INSANE.

The founder, owner, and chef of Slapfish tells Newsom to pound sand and is going to stay open.

refineryworker05

Trump's inability to relate and describe his plan in an empathetic manner was a big downfall. For instance, wearing a mask! DUMB!!!
His rallies are another example ... just bad imaging.

1 - Trump's response was very good ... much better than his Covid Team's recommendations and, in particular, Dr. Fauci.
Trump saved hundreds of thousand lives by going against recommendations of Fauci and team.

2 - He did everything he could do that was Constitutional!
Now Biden is backing off all his Un-Constitutional 'promises' made during the campaign.
3 - Thanks for your unsupported opinion ... Mr Scrumboy.
Look, you don’t believe any of this. I have seen this record before and in a relatively short period of time, no one will pretend trump did a good job handling coronavirus. No one. I know that seems impossible now, but take a short trip down memory lane, the Iraq war was overwhelming popular like 70 or 80% supported that war at one point. It was in the 90% popularity with republican voters, and now no one says the Iraq war was the right decision. This future awaits trump’s handling of coronavirus. It’s bad and will seem worse in the future book it.

vantexan

Look, you don’t believe any of this. I have seen this record before and in a relatively short period of time, no one will pretend trump did a good job handling coronavirus. No one. I know that seems impossible now, but take a short trip down memory lane, the Iraq war was overwhelming popular like 70 or 80% supported that war at one point. It was in the 90% popularity with republican voters, and now no one says the Iraq war was the right decision. This future awaits trump’s handling of coronavirus. It’s bad and will seem worse in the future book it.
And if Hillary had won in 2016 and yet had similar results with the virus Dems and their Press henchmen would say she's doing a wonderful job. Only 260,000+ dead!! A miracle! Look at that pantsuit go!!