Covid-19 & 9.5

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Well seem official now.

@sandwich I don't know if your BA shared this with you.
View attachment 292676
That’s an easy argument to win.

our labor manager didn’t even try. Ours are getting paid out without question.

I can’t even believe some locals let labor win that argument when lots of drivers are demanding hazard pay, let alone contractually obligated 9.5 pay.

I wonder how many of those locals are in right to work states.

rocket man

Not the point.

You guys will be making upward of $40/hr at the end of the current contract and you are bitching about having to work a little bit of OT. Your bills will be paid on time and you won't be up at night wondering how you were going to feed your kids or keep the lights on.

rocket man

If the company would hire the 22.4 s that they supposed to already have. We would not have to file over 9/5 . I genuinely feel sorry for the people that are not working. At the same time I don't want to risk my job by wrecking out at 10 at night 11 at night so somebody can get their :censored2:ing Chinese sandals

JJ85

I didn’t file a 9.5 intill last week family getting sick, that I’m coming home at 10pm. I will be filing my second this week also I didn’t file for 3 week before last. We have 22.4 working but they too busy working 6 days Monday to Saturday that ups :censored2:ing 9.5 guys To keep 22.4 hours for Saturday while rpcd working Saturday also. I’m the only 4th driver to file when there is 45 on list word is going around now.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I didn’t file a 9.5 intill last week family getting sick, that I’m coming home at 10pm. I will be filing my second this week also I didn’t file for 3 week before last. We have 22.4 working but they too busy working 6 days Monday to Saturday that ups :censored2:ing 9.5 guys To keep 22.4 hours for Saturday while rpcd working Saturday also. I’m the only 4th driver to file when there is 45 on list word is going around now.

I do hope that you have someone else filling the paperwork out for you.

542thruNthru

center manager wanted to have a sit down with me about my previous 9.5 grievances. Before we sat down I asked him if this meeting in any way will result in me being disciplined?(yes I know because it was about my grievances I should have had my steward there.) He said No. As soon as we sat down I handed him the newest 9.5 for last week.

I can see it totally threw off what he was going to say because he got all depressed looking and asked "are you going to continue to do this? I can't keep you under 9.5 it's out of my control."

I said "well tell me who's fault it is and I'll be happy to put their names on the grievances instead of yours." :)

Then he tries to tell me that the company will not be paying them because of covid-19 and that I'm wasting my time. Which I respond with "then why am I in here if you're so sure they won't be paying them?"

The rest of the meeting was about how I need to be following the methods and blah blah blah. Pretty much trying to say that he'll be watching me without actually saying it.

All in all a fun way to start the week off.

Rack em

Made the Podium
center manager wanted to have a sit down with me about my previous 9.5 grievances. Before we sat down I asked him if this meeting in any way will result in me being disciplined?(yes I know because it was about my grievances I should have had my steward there.) He said No. As soon as we sat down I handed him the newest 9.5 for last week.

I can see it totally threw off what he was going to say because he got all depressed looking and asked "are you going to continue to do this? I can't keep you under 9.5 it's out of my control."

I said "well tell me who's fault it is and I'll be happy to put their names on the grievances instead of yours." :)

Then he tries to tell me that the company will not be paying them because of covid-19 and that I'm wasting my time. Which I respond with "then why am I in here if you're so sure they won't be paying them?"

The rest of the meeting was about how I need to be following the methods and blah blah blah. Pretty much trying to say that he'll be watching me without actually saying it.

Yeah he was just trying to intimidate you into stop filing, what a tool. When you do get paid for all the 9.5 grievances and he has you sign for the grievance check, make sure to say "I thought the company wasn't paying these?" with a big smirk on your face.

She said in lieu of 9-5 money maybe if you paid us hazard pay like all the other companies were doing you would have to worry about this crap. No show me my friend* money

Last edited:

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
She said in lieu of 9-5 money maybe if you paid us hazard pay like all the other companies were doing you would have to worry about this crap. No show me my friend* money

This has been my argument for the last month and a half.

New Jerseys non-essential businesses closed down for the most part on March 15th.

Through today, the municipality that I work in has had 706 confirmed cases and 31 confirmed deaths.

The company is not offering hazard pay, nor are they taking any steps to increase staffing to relieve us of this astounding volume.

In other words its business as usual at UPS, and so that means our 9.5 rights are still effective.

This has been my argument for the last month and a half.

New Jerseys non-essential businesses closed down for the most part on March 15th.

Through today, the municipality that I work in has had 706 confirmed cases and 31 confirmed deaths.

The company is not offering hazard pay, nor are they taking any steps to increase staffing to relieve us of this astounding volume.

In other words its business as usual at UPS, and so that means our 9.5 rights are still effective.
Bingo
They aren't cutting any breaks to the employees same old harassment and BS warning letters
So am I humble opinion it's business as usual and the contract is in full effect
If somebody's on a 9-5 list in a violated and pay him plain and simple

Over70irregs

Ready to file 9.5 again. Need that $ to stock up on meats!!!