CUBAN IMMIGRANT UPS DRIVER OPENS FIRST PAYCHECK.

Mutineer

Can we start from a place of civility when discussing the immigration issue, or is it all just going to be this vitriol forever?

For as long as immigrants continue to arrive, stay, and overpopulate the area I consider my home; it's nothing but vitriol from me.

If you are incapable of understanding why I'm such a dick about it, consider yourself fortunate.

Mutineer

The politics are strong in this thread.

How y'all feel about libertarians? Often confused with liberals but completely distinct from one another.

For the past couple election cycles, I have been greatly disappointed and increasingly at odds with some of their positions and discourse on a couple of topics.

If they continue on that path, I may change my party affiliation.

Next Day Error

X - Other
For the past couple election cycles, I have been greatly disappointed and increasingly at odds with some of their positions and discourse on a couple of topics.

If they continue on that path, I may change my party affiliation.
What’s the matter, they aren’t hateful enough for you now

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Due to excessive immigration, there will come a day when you, or someone you care about will find himself with greatly reduced job and housing opportunities.

When that situation presents itself to you one too many times, and that moment of clarity crosses yer mind, I want you to know you have my condolences.

You have indicated I am a xenophobe. Fair enough.

Would you also call a person a cynophobe while he is being mauled by a dog?
Immigration is a necessary “evil” in order to sustain the balance of the economy and cost of items and services. What if everyone shared an entitled mindset (Americans) and revolt to work a low end job, dirty job, manual labor job or etc… for the market rate. Well you will have exactly what you saw during the pandemic. Fast food, hospitality, and other Low end jobs having to increase their cost to pay the workers demand for more money.

. Most Americans will work a dead end job for a few days months, then dip. Creating instability in those areas of those industries, while immigrants come here and tend to have a different mindset and view the job for what it is; opportunity to earn and move up in life.

I’m not for illegal immigration, but legal immigration has its pros. Getting into this country is more difficult than you’ll ever understand. Hence the influx of illegal crossing. This is not only a political failure to act by both parties it is a band-aid on an open wound. It is the reason for why the board is so bad.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
This is not an immigration issue. This is an ILLEGAL immigration issue. One is not the same as the other. One is LEGAL, and one ILLEGAL. One follows laws and rules and the other invades with no care or consideration for the laws and rules.
i'm sorry bro but your mindset is the kind of pushover conservative thinking that allowed us to get here in the first place

immigration.jpg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
How y'all feel about libertarians? Often confused with liberals
Only because libs are trying distance themselves from association with the dumpster fire that is the current Democratic party so they hijack other affiliations. You can't even find anyone on this site who actually calls themselves a Democrat because they're too embarrassed. Democratic policies and voting patterns all they way but they all call themselves "independents" or "moderates".

Last edited:

Next Day Error

X - Other
Immigration is a necessary “evil” in order to sustain the balance of the economy and cost of items and services. What if everyone shared an entitled mindset (Americans) and revolt to work a low end job, dirty job, manual labor job or etc… for the market rate. Well you will have exactly what you saw during the pandemic. Fast food, hospitality, and other Low end jobs having to increase their cost to pay the workers demand for more money.

. Most Americans will work a dead end job for a few days months, then dip. Creating instability in those areas of those industries, while immigrants come here and tend to have a different mindset and view the job for what it is; opportunity to earn and move up in life.

I’m not for illegal immigration, but legal immigration has its pros. Getting into this country is more difficult than you’ll ever understand. Hence the influx of illegal crossing. This is not only a political failure to act by both parties it is a band-aid on an open wound. It is the reason for why the board is so bad.
Reason. Take notes, guys.

Next Day Error

X - Other
Only because libs are trying distance themselves from association with the dumpster fire that is the current Democratic party so they hijack other affiliations. You can't even find anyone on this site who actually calls themselves a Democrat because they're too embarrassed. Democratic policies and voting patterns all they way but they all call themselves "independents" or "moderates".
I’m an independent who votes for a lot of Democrats. I’ve voted for libertarian, Constitution Party, Republican, Green… depends on the candidate.

I’ll never vote Republican for the rest of my days because of the way they’ve handled the insurrection. Many people feel the same way. That’s why the GOP underperformed in the midterms.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Don’t sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel.
Okay lol

The thing about libertarianism is it's a great idea, IF:
  • Race and culture don't matter
  • There are no groups of people willing to work together to utterly subvert your system
Neither of those are true, so yeah, not a great idea in the US

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!

When I was a teenager you went to college or into construction work. I never heard any of my white American friends say they wouldn’t do construction work. What happened was owners of businesses started hiring illegals that had to put up with whatever was given and slowly the industry got rid of people that didn’t have to put up with the low wages and abuse. These illegals came in and undercut the legal workers driving down the wages. So let’s put this in terms UPS workers should understand. Illegals are like SCABS at UPS they come in and will work for less than union workers will work for. Now if UPS could get away with getting rid of union workers and hiring SCABS then UPS could tell the uniformed average person that Union workers won’t do the job anymore so we need SCABS to keep the company running and then the average uninformed person would parrot the lie that Union workers won’t do UPS jobs anymore and the cycle of that lie continues. When you see that illegals are like SCABS you start to understand the effects it has on a society.
SCABS just want to better their lives so why don’t you UPS workers that think illegals should be allowed here also open your arms to SCABS Especially this next contract year?

Last edited:

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
When I was a teenager you went to college or into construction work. I never heard any of my white American friends say they wouldn’t do construction work. What happened was owners of businesses started hiring illegals that had to put up with whatever was given and slowly the industry got rid of people that didn’t have to put up with the low wages and abuse. These illegals came in and undercut the legal workers driving down the wages. So let’s put this in terms UPS workers should understand. Illegals are like SCABS at UPS they come in and will work for less than union workers will work for. Now if UPS could get away with getting rid of union workers and hiring SCABS then UPS could tell the uniformed average person that Union workers won’t do the job anymore so we need SCABS to keep the company running and then the average uninformed person would parrot the lie that Union workers won’t do UPS jobs anymore and the cycle of that lie continues. When you see that illegals are like SCABS you start to understand the effects it has on a society.
SCABS just want to better their lives so why don’t you UPS workers that think illegals should be allowed here also open your arms to SCABS Especially this next contract year?
I don’t see us having a disagreement here.

I agree on the item that business owners are paying people under the table which plays some part in what you are saying.

It is odd that little to no support is given by the folks on the right to hold businesses accountable for doing such acts. If you want illegal immigrants to slow down there must be mechanisms in place to alter their environment. They’re here for a job, so hold the companies liable for breaking federal law.

textat3

Back in the day, there were often areas were a part time employee had to grind out 5-12 years of part time service to have a shot at a full time bid. It was called paying your dues. Old school United Parcel. An off the street hire, I don’t know man.….at least he is genuine and grateful. There goes my hero begins to play, with images of guys who came on in the 80’s and 90s when it was tough to break into the ranks.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I don’t see us having a disagreement here.

I agree on the item that business owners are paying people under the table which plays some part in what you are saying.

It is odd that little to no support is given by the folks on the right to hold businesses accountable for doing such acts. If you want illegal immigrants to slow down there must be mechanisms in place to alter their environment. They’re here for a job, so hold the companies liable for breaking federal law.
Stop hiring them and most will stop coming. Businesses want the cheap labor.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!

So if someone breaks into your house and takes everything and then goes to a criminal pawn shop that buys stolen goods you wouldn’t get mad at the person that broke into your house? We should be mad at each side and not be OK with either or saying “they are only trying to better their lives”
I have never heard a Republican person saying they are OK with a business hiring illegals but I have heard many Democrats making different excuses of why illegals should be let in.