Dash Cam

brown67

Anyone use a dash cam in their feeder tractors? I see some crazy drivers out there, and it seems like the truck driver always gets blamed for an accident. It would be nice to have proof if something happened.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The way I hear it around here, via the "tin foil hat committee", secret camera's are already installed.

lovemyupser

My husbands feeder driver supervisor said they can have dash cams as long as it isn't bigger than 4 inches by 4 inches. Of course it can't block your view in any way

JustAnotherMike

"The best short-cut is to take the long way."
Interesting
IMG_5358.PNG

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The way I hear it around here, via the "tin foil hat committee", secret camera's are already installed.
They have one under the steering wheel called the crouch cam... its to catch feeder drivers from taking a hand off of the wheel on those long lonely interstate trips and having it go down toward the crouch for some excitement....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
My husbands feeder driver supervisor said they can have dash cams as long as it isn't bigger than 4 inches by 4 inches. Of course it can't block your view in any way
This could bite him in the ass even if his on road sup said it was ok.... the newer macks and kw, internationals have front facing cameras in the window....you get the luxury of an auto rig but the camera system is the price you pay...it's a double edge sword... good and bad depending on the situation...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They have one under the steering wheel called the crouch cam... its to catch feeder drivers from taking a hand off of the wheel on those long lonely interstate trips and having it go down toward the crouch for some excitement....
...talk about gear jamming!

over9five

Staff member
Anyone have one for their personal vehicle? What should I look for if I buy one?

PS, I know Feeder drivers who hook theirs up to the tractor every day.

Marksmith

Yes, investing in your own dash cam saves you headaches with the police and lawyers. Get the one that overwrites so the lawyers can't pull up your shenanigans for weeks before. Also, there is way to much swerving and not enough creating space in those videos.