Dash Cam

over9five

Staff member
My son has one. On his way home from work today, he had to stop on the highway cuz some idiot was doing a 3 point turn across both lanes to go back to a missed exit. The car behind him stopped, but the next car did not. Hit the car behind him, and you can see that car skidding past my son on his right (breakdown lane) and ending up across the highway against a guard rail. Really cool video, my son's lucky he wasn't involved.

Marksmith

Cameras integrated into bumpers are not obvious at all.

Those systems which were integrated when the truck was made or professionally installed are generally (note I said generally) controlled by the company. Plus, where are cameras mounted in the place that takes maximum damage in a crash? Huh? That makes little sense. The new systems coming out are mounted above the windscreen. The Radar is mounted in the bumper.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Those systems which were integrated when the truck was made or professionally installed are generally (note I said generally) controlled by the company. Plus, where are cameras mounted in the place that takes maximum damage in a crash? Huh? That makes little sense. The new systems coming out are mounted above the windscreen. The Radar is mounted in the bumper.
Mine are integrated into the bumpers on all my personal vehicles.
The brain/hard drive is under the driver's seat.

So don't assume you know what equipment I have....you now look foolish.

Marksmith

Mine are integrated into the bumpers on all my personal vehicles.
The brain/hard drive is under the driver's seat.

So don't assume you know what equipment I have....you now look foolish.

Soooooooo, what Commercial vehicles do you own that have them integrated into the bumper? Or, what OEM have you convinced to mount the recording camera in the bumper?

over9five

Staff member
So even a 32G card will only get a couple hours recording time? (before it writes over itself). Doesn't seem like very much.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My son has one. On his way home from work today, he had to stop on the highway cuz some idiot was doing a 3 point turn across both lanes to go back to a missed exit. The car behind him stopped, but the next car did not. Hit the car behind him, and you can see that car skidding past my son on his right (breakdown lane) and ending up across the highway against a guard rail. Really cool video, my son's lucky he wasn't involved.
I’m glad your son wasn’t involved. That is one thing I strenuously told my kids when teaching them how to drive....if you miss a turn, keep going, get off at the next exit and come back. Too many people have died or caused accidents being so dumb.

over9five

Staff member
I’m glad your son wasn’t involved. That is one thing I strenuously told my kids when teaching them how to drive....if you miss a turn, keep going, get off at the next exit and come back. Too many people have died or caused accidents being so dumb.
I wish I could post it. Amazing watching this person do a backing 3 point turn across a highway.
We've all seen people backing down the breakdown lane, but this was crazy.

Yozh69

I had to avoid a Swift T/T on I95 not long ago. The :censored2: STOPPED IN THE MIDDLE LANE TO AVOID A PLASTIC CONSTRUCTION BARREL.