Dealing with a beeping super jerk!

Sir_Lagsalot

In newer trucks you can turn off the loud beeping by turning off your dimmer lights. I know it's an extra step at night when you shut the truck off but at least you can have some peace and quiet.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Yeah, I'm upset when a beeping truck makes my dogs bark, which, in turn, wakes up my baby. Very upset.
We really like to piss of customers with babies, and we love the hazard switch beeping. We also love long days in the cold, dog crap on are shoes and not seeing are kids or wife’s. It’s in are dating profile under UPS driver interests. You are the people I hate delivering too, ungrateful and stuck up. Personally you shouldn’t have come here looking for sympathy or for us to back you up. Next time drive your vechile to target like the other house moms and buy your item at the store. That way you can piss off the cashier instead of us, they like you better anyways.

Johney

I could neglect the exhaust system to the point where the beeping would not be noticed so long as the engine was left running.
I'd like to know if it's possible to turn off the annoying beeping noise from the anti-collision radar on the KW's? I mean does it really need to go off when the car ahead is like a 100 yards away?

john chesney

I'm not a UPS driver; just a homeowner. Please help me.

A couple of nights ago, I was sitting on my balcony after putting my baby to bed. It was dark, and I noticed a large truck pull up in front of my house. A guy got out and approached my front door. His truck was beeping... loudly, incessantly, so annoyingly. I asked him if he could turn the beeping off; he said no. I asked him what company he worked for, he insolently said, "look at the truck." I told him that I couldn't see the truck very well because it was too dark. He said, "oh well, I can't help you." I said, "you are at MY house, making a delivery at MY door, I demand to know who you work for." He said, "I'm not telling you."

Finally, my eyes adjusted to the dark and I saw the UPS logo on the truck. I exclaimed, "UPS!" The driver ignored me, walked back to the BEEPING truck, drove about 20 feet to my neighbor's house, the darn thing is STILL beeping, and he made another delivery and drove off. NEVER have I heard a UPS truck beep like that. And I receive a lot of deliveries.

Tonight, the same guy showed up, knocking at my door, at 9:30 at night. I answered the door, and he said he was here for a pickup. I said, "it's way too late for anyone to be knocking on my door, my dogs are going crazy, my baby is sleeping, this is not acceptable." His reply was, "I can actually come to your house as late as midnight."

WTF? Midnight? I'm a single mother with two small children and if anyone decides to knock on my door at midnight, they better expect me to answer the door ready to beat them bloody.

I said to him, "I don't have the pickup ready. Come back tomorrow, earlier." He gave me more attitude, and left. Just a back-talking, insolent, Mexican guy who looks like he's a gang member, in his early 20s. Disrespectful and rude, and while I understand that deliveries can be made late, I think it's really intrusive for someone to be coming for a pickup at 9:30 at night... or midnight, for that matter.

Honestly, if he had acted like a decent person, I really wouldn't be this mad. But to have such a rude, disrespectful attitude along with disturbing my house on two different nights, I want him to never come to my house again.

Please help; is it ok for him to keep the truck beeping the whole time? It beeped as he drove away. It beeped as he drove down the street and around the corner. And is it ok for him to come to my house for a pickup at 9:30 at night? What about midnight?
I bet I hate blowing it more then you hate hearing it.

john chesney

I'd like to know if it's possible to turn off the annoying beeping noise from the anti-collision radar on the KW's? I mean does it really need to go off when the car ahead is like a 100 yards away?
Careful messing with Ups equipment. I could see someone getting fired for disconnecting so called safety equipment