Dealing with a beeping super jerk!

GenericUsername

I know that UPS can show up late. I was asking if he could control a beeping truck because my normal UPS guy's truck never beeps. It makes sense, then, that it can be controlled. As far as the late-night thing, I was asking if drivers are supposed to knock/ring doorbell late at night, as opposed to just leaving packages at the door. This is the first time in my life that the driver knocked at my door so late. Some people not me) are asleep by 9:30 at night, so it would make sense if the drivers were instructed not to knock past a certain hour.

I've been instructed to beep my horn and knock/ring the bell at every stop, regardless of time. Center doesn't care, so it may be different in each location.

The Milkman

I know that UPS can show up late. I was asking if he could control a beeping truck because my normal UPS guy's truck never beeps. It makes sense, then, that it can be controlled. As far as the late-night thing, I was asking if drivers are supposed to knock/ring doorbell late at night, as opposed to just leaving packages at the door. This is the first time in my life that the driver knocked at my door so late. Some people not me) are asleep by 9:30 at night, so it would make sense if the drivers were instructed not to knock past a certain hour.

When drivers show up in their centers in the morning, they look in the back of their truck and it is jam packed floor to ceiling. Many times way out of order. It takes hours before you would have enough room to sort out your load. Ah then it gets dark earlier this time of the year. So new drivers have a tougher time reading house numbers etc. When I worked peak seasons like many other old timers here on this forum, many sections are pulled off our trucks and given to others who may have other towns to deliver to because they get pieces of many routes. My truck never beeped, but there is a reason for the beeping. I have been out late many times knocking on peoples doors out in rural areas at 10:30 or so. If I saw lights on I figured people were still up, and most are happy to get their Christmas packages anytime we would show up. Unless you ever rode with a driver I would say you need to see and feel the stress that he/she deals with on a daily basis year round. This job is not for everyone and most of us would like to be home at a decent time to be with family, but we get home very late just to start over again with an overwhelming task of rooting through piles of packages and try to make a game plan for the day, throw in crappy weather and it makes things worse. So stop yer Bitchin, give us a break, we have to work as directed by management who call the shots, and most of the times you see guys out really late are the rookies as the Senior drivers can handle the stress a bit better knowing the streets and number breaks in neighborhoods. have you ever had a bad day? Try having 5 in a row for a month. Nuff said

MynameisNeigan

I'm not a UPS driver; just a homeowner. Please help me.

A couple of nights ago, I was sitting on my balcony after putting my baby to bed. It was dark, and I noticed a large truck pull up in front of my house. A guy got out and approached my front door. His truck was beeping... loudly, incessantly, so annoyingly. I asked him if he could turn the beeping off; he said no. I asked him what company he worked for, he insolently said, "look at the truck." I told him that I couldn't see the truck very well because it was too dark. He said, "oh well, I can't help you." I said, "you are at MY house, making a delivery at MY door, I demand to know who you work for." He said, "I'm not telling you."

Finally, my eyes adjusted to the dark and I saw the UPS logo on the truck. I exclaimed, "UPS!" The driver ignored me, walked back to the BEEPING truck, drove about 20 feet to my neighbor's house, the darn thing is STILL beeping, and he made another delivery and drove off. NEVER have I heard a UPS truck beep like that. And I receive a lot of deliveries.

Tonight, the same guy showed up, knocking at my door, at 9:30 at night. I answered the door, and he said he was here for a pickup. I said, "it's way too late for anyone to be knocking on my door, my dogs are going crazy, my baby is sleeping, this is not acceptable." His reply was, "I can actually come to your house as late as midnight."

WTF? Midnight? I'm a single mother with two small children and if anyone decides to knock on my door at midnight, they better expect me to answer the door ready to beat them bloody.

I said to him, "I don't have the pickup ready. Come back tomorrow, earlier." He gave me more attitude, and left. Just a back-talking, insolent, Mexican guy who looks like he's a gang member, in his early 20s. Disrespectful and rude, and while I understand that deliveries can be made late, I think it's really intrusive for someone to be coming for a pickup at 9:30 at night... or midnight, for that matter.

Honestly, if he had acted like a decent person, I really wouldn't be this mad. But to have such a rude, disrespectful attitude along with disturbing my house on two different nights, I want him to never come to my house again.

Please help; is it ok for him to keep the truck beeping the whole time? It beeped as he drove away. It beeped as he drove down the street and around the corner. And is it ok for him to come to my house for a pickup at 9:30 at night? What about midnight?
We hate the beeping also. Try dealing with it for 12 hours a day. If you are expecting a package UPS has “my choice”. We deliver within 2 hours of when you want.
Also how do you know he was Mexican? He could be from Texas or California or even Nicaragua. Unless you are Trump. Everyone is Mexican to him even his wife.

Notcool

I make a lot of noise at night so I dont get shot. People hear someone on there porch at night they suspect a burglar. So a beeping truck is a good thing to me. Also helps you find dogs hiding in the dark.

Box Ox

212vl3b.jpg

OrionsBitch

Not...
I'm not a UPS driver; just a homeowner. Please help me.

A couple of nights ago, I was sitting on my balcony after putting my baby to bed. It was dark, and I noticed a large truck pull up in front of my house. A guy got out and approached my front door. His truck was beeping... loudly, incessantly, so annoyingly. I asked him if he could turn the beeping off; he said no. I asked him what company he worked for, he insolently said, "look at the truck." I told him that I couldn't see the truck very well because it was too dark. He said, "oh well, I can't help you." I said, "you are at MY house, making a delivery at MY door, I demand to know who you work for." He said, "I'm not telling you."

Finally, my eyes adjusted to the dark and I saw the UPS logo on the truck. I exclaimed, "UPS!" The driver ignored me, walked back to the BEEPING truck, drove about 20 feet to my neighbor's house, the darn thing is STILL beeping, and he made another delivery and drove off. NEVER have I heard a UPS truck beep like that. And I receive a lot of deliveries.

Tonight, the same guy showed up, knocking at my door, at 9:30 at night. I answered the door, and he said he was here for a pickup. I said, "it's way too late for anyone to be knocking on my door, my dogs are going crazy, my baby is sleeping, this is not acceptable." His reply was, "I can actually come to your house as late as midnight."

WTF? Midnight? I'm a single mother with two small children and if anyone decides to knock on my door at midnight, they better expect me to answer the door ready to beat them bloody.

I said to him, "I don't have the pickup ready. Come back tomorrow, earlier." He gave me more attitude, and left. Just a back-talking, insolent, Mexican guy who looks like he's a gang member, in his early 20s. Disrespectful and rude, and while I understand that deliveries can be made late, I think it's really intrusive for someone to be coming for a pickup at 9:30 at night... or midnight, for that matter.

Honestly, if he had acted like a decent person, I really wouldn't be this mad. But to have such a rude, disrespectful attitude along with disturbing my house on two different nights, I want him to never come to my house again.

Please help; is it ok for him to keep the truck beeping the whole time? It beeped as he drove away. It beeped as he drove down the street and around the corner. And is it ok for him to come to my house for a pickup at 9:30 at night? What about midnight?
No wonder your a single mom....with how much you bitch and complain don't be surprised if your kids run away. Go buy your :censored2: in a store so we don't have to show up at your miserable house.