Dealing with a beeping super jerk!

I'm not a UPS driver; just a homeowner. Please help me.

A couple of nights ago, I was sitting on my balcony after putting my baby to bed. It was dark, and I noticed a large truck pull up in front of my house. A guy got out and approached my front door. His truck was beeping... loudly, incessantly, so annoyingly. I asked him if he could turn the beeping off; he said no. I asked him what company he worked for, he insolently said, "look at the truck." I told him that I couldn't see the truck very well because it was too dark. He said, "oh well, I can't help you." I said, "you are at MY house, making a delivery at MY door, I demand to know who you work for." He said, "I'm not telling you."

Finally, my eyes adjusted to the dark and I saw the UPS logo on the truck. I exclaimed, "UPS!" The driver ignored me, walked back to the BEEPING truck, drove about 20 feet to my neighbor's house, the darn thing is STILL beeping, and he made another delivery and drove off. NEVER have I heard a UPS truck beep like that. And I receive a lot of deliveries.

Tonight, the same guy showed up, knocking at my door, at 9:30 at night. I answered the door, and he said he was here for a pickup. I said, "it's way too late for anyone to be knocking on my door, my dogs are going crazy, my baby is sleeping, this is not acceptable." His reply was, "I can actually come to your house as late as midnight."

WTF? Midnight? I'm a single mother with two small children and if anyone decides to knock on my door at midnight, they better expect me to answer the door ready to beat them bloody.

I said to him, "I don't have the pickup ready. Come back tomorrow, earlier." He gave me more attitude, and left. Just a back-talking, insolent, Mexican guy who looks like he's a gang member, in his early 20s. Disrespectful and rude, and while I understand that deliveries can be made late, I think it's really intrusive for someone to be coming for a pickup at 9:30 at night... or midnight, for that matter.

Honestly, if he had acted like a decent person, I really wouldn't be this mad. But to have such a rude, disrespectful attitude along with disturbing my house on two different nights, I want him to never come to my house again.

Please help; is it ok for him to keep the truck beeping the whole time? It beeped as he drove away. It beeped as he drove down the street and around the corner. And is it ok for him to come to my house for a pickup at 9:30 at night? What about midnight?

Box Ox

is it ok for him to keep the truck beeping the whole time?

Trust me: If drivers could disable the beeping while running their lights, most would. The new trucks are beep monsters.

Tonight, the same guy showed up, knocking at my door, at 9:30 at night. I answered the door, and he said he was here for a pickup.

Was there not an option to schedule a pickup time window? Or was this just an Amazon return? Can leave it at the door if you have to.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
NEVER have I heard a UPS truck beep like that.

Lucky it was not my truck which has 4 separate beeps. One for headlights on, one for e-brake not engaged, one for flashers on, and one for key left in ignition. Some trucks are just that annoying but we get used to it, most customers only have to deal with it for 30 seconds unless they feel the need to interrupt us while we are trying get their crap delivered and trying to get the hell outta there.

Tonight, the same guy showed up, knocking at my door, at 9:30 at night. I answered the door, and he said he was here for a pickup. I said, "it's way too late for anyone to be knocking on my door, my dogs are going crazy, my baby is sleeping, this is not acceptable."

Next time you could have your Amazon and Zulily crap return ready and left by the door so we would not have to knock or have contact with you. Believe me, we don't want to deal with you anymore than you want to deal with us.

I think it's really intrusive for someone to be coming for a pickup at 9:30 at night... or midnight, for that matter.

Sorry we can't drop every last one of the other 200 stops we have to get to your house sooner in the day. We really love getting there at 3 pm to read a note on the door not to knock because baby is sleeping and dogs are barkers and they will wake you up because you work nights and sleep during the day. Refer to last comment.

Please help; is it ok for him to keep the truck beeping the whole time? It beeped as he drove away. It beeped as he drove down the street and around the corner. And is it ok for him to come to my house for a pickup at 9:30 at night? What about midnight?

We will try to keep the beeping to a minimum, would you prefer we step on the gas and have all 400hp of our diesel engine and turbo drowning out the beeping? 9:30 at night is early in some parts of our dispatched area. We have drivers who routinely show up to deliver at 1am during this time of year.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
He can't do much about the beeping as it's the way the truck is designed. He probably hates it too. Possibly that, along with working until 9:30+ was why he was moody. He also has no control over how late he works or services any house. That's just the way it works, however irritating.

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
Such a sinister scheme cooked up by this crafty Mexican driver with his beeping truck, shady choice in parking spots, gang related activities, and midnight deliveries should be reported immediately..

Thanks for your replies, guys. I honestly assumed that on the night when the truck kept beeping, the driver was doing something that's against the rules (leaving keys in the ignition?) and that was why he didn't want to tell me who he worked for, because he was worried I'd call and complain about the beeping.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 11:00 the latest you're allowed to make deliveries? And when you make a delivery, you're supposed to knock on the door, right. Obviously, a late delivery could wake people up if you knock that late. But if you just leave the package on the front door, it could get stolen. So are you supposed to be knocking on doors at late hours?

542thruNthru

A couple of nights ago, I was sitting on my balcony after putting my baby to bed. It was dark, and I noticed a large truck pull up in front of my house. A guy got out and approached my front door. His truck was beeping... loudly, incessantly, so annoyingly. I asked him if he could turn the beeping off; he said no. I asked him what company he worked for, he insolently said, "look at the truck." I told him that I couldn't see the truck very well because it was too dark. He said, "oh well, I can't help you." I said, "you are at MY house, making a delivery at MY door, I demand to know who you work for." He said, "I'm not telling you."

Finally, my eyes adjusted to the dark and I saw the UPS logo on the truck. I exclaimed, "UPS!" The driver ignored me, walked back to the BEEPING truck, drove about 20 feet to my neighbor's house, the darn thing is STILL beeping, and he made another delivery and drove off. NEVER have I heard a UPS truck beep like that. And I receive a lot of deliveries.

Tonight, the same guy showed up, knocking at my door, at 9:30 at night. I answered the door, and he said he was here for a pickup. I said, "it's way too late for anyone to be knocking on my door, my dogs are going crazy, my baby is sleeping, this is not acceptable." His reply was, "I can actually come to your house as late as midnight."

WTF? Midnight? I'm a single mother with two small children and if anyone decides to knock on my door at midnight, they better expect me to answer the door ready to beat them bloody.

I said to him, "I don't have the pickup ready. Come back tomorrow, earlier." He gave me more attitude, and left. Just a back-talking, insolent, Mexican guy who looks like he's a gang member, in his early 20s. Disrespectful and rude, and while I understand that deliveries can be made late, I think it's really intrusive for someone to be coming for a pickup at 9:30 at night... or midnight, for that matter.

Honestly, if he had acted like a decent person, I really wouldn't be this mad. But to have such a rude, disrespectful attitude along with disturbing my house on two different nights, I want him to never come to my house again.

1st. The truck makes the beeping when the lights are on. Not much we can do about it.

2nd. If he was at your house for a pick up its because you wanted one. Next time have it ready. If its not ready at 9:30 at night then why the friend* did you ask for it to be picked up in the first place.

Honestly you're the costumer that needs to shut the hell up. The beeping is loud but not so loud you can hear it through the walls. You don't want to hear the beeping then take your A* to the store and buy it yourself.

Was the drive rude, yes but something tells me you probably exaggerated your story. I mean come on, you're upset over a beeping truck for god's sake!

*Dictated but not read by UPS driver*

W

What The Hawk?

He delivered a package to your door, probably a long 8-10 hours after he started that day. He can't control the beeping in the truck. I thought it was irritating when I was helper but it's part of it. Imagine how the driver feels. If you don't want late night deliveries I suggest you pick up your package at the center or pay that extra money for faster shipping and delivery..

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
that was why he didn't want to tell me who he worked for, because he was worried I'd call and complain about the beeping.

He should have told you where he worked, then you could've called and complained. We love will call for people like you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 11:00 the latest you're allowed to make deliveries? And when you make a delivery, you're supposed to knock on the door, right. Obviously, a late delivery could wake people up if you knock that late. But if you just leave the package on the front door, it could get stolen. So are you supposed to be knocking on doors at late hours?

We already told you he can be out as late as necessary to get the stops off. While you are sitting on your ass bitching about the driver, rest assured knowing that UPS can, and has kept drivers out 14 hours.

We leave packages all the time that could get stolen. If the driver does his job properly, they should knock on your door no matter what time of day. I suppose you could always get off your ass and balcony and go to the store to pick up your bottled water and paper towels.

Sorry if you aren't getting the support you thought you would get. Stick around long enough, someone here will be by to kiss your ass and wipe those butterfly tears away.

542thruNthru

Yeah, I'm upset when a beeping truck makes my dogs bark, which, in turn, wakes up my baby. Very upset.

Life's a bitch and then you die.

You think that driver wants to be out that late. You think he doesn't have a family or a barking dog waiting at home for him?

But hey you need your zappos or Amazon package and want it asap. Oh and make sure it's as quiet as possible.

Box Ox

Yeah, I'm upset when a beeping truck makes my dogs bark, which, in turn, wakes up my baby. Very upset.

Might be able to go onto My Choice and have all holiday packages held at your local UPS facility or UPS Store if you want to be sure you don't get any night deliveries. Maybe turn it back off after the season. Also, do not request any pickups during the holiday season.

He should have told you where he worked, then you could've called and complained. We love will call for people like you.

Yep. One less stop to have to go to.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Thanks for your replies, guys. I honestly assumed that on the night when the truck kept beeping, the driver was doing something that's against the rules (leaving keys in the ignition?) and that was why he didn't want to tell me who he worked for, because he was worried I'd call and complain about the beeping.

He can't control the beeping. It's also possible the beeper was malfunctioning as that happens, but again he obviously can't control that either.

"It beeped as he drove away. It beeped as he drove down the street and around the corner."

Literally, he has no control over the delivery time. He gets done when he gets done. There is no set time of day or night curfew for residential delivery unless you pay for a premium service. Yes he should knock or ring.

W

What The Hawk?

Life's a bitch and then you die.

You think that driver wants to be out that late. You think he doesn't have a family or a barking dog waiting at home for him?

But hey you need your zappos or Amazon package and want it asap. Oh and make sure it's as quiet as possible.
You sound like my sup guilt tripping us at PCM when we misload. LMAO No but I agree.

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
You should gather your neighbors and friends which I'm sure you have many and form a coalition called Stop Taking Us Packages Immediately Drivers or S.T.U.P.I.D. for short so people will take you more seriously.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Are you sure he didn't honk when he stopped too? We're supposed to. Next time ask him if something is about to explode, you know, 'cause the beeping sounds like a timer on a bomb in the movies. No one's ever pointed that out before.
Also, you can leave a note asking the driver not to knock or ring, but make sure to leave a porch light on so he can read it. And if you are afraid of theft, put some sort of decoration or something on your stoop/porch that the package can be hidden behind.