Dealing with a beeping super jerk!

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

I'm not a UPS driver; just a homeowner. Please help me.

A couple of nights ago, I was sitting on my balcony after putting my baby to bed. It was dark, and I noticed a large truck pull up in front of my house. A guy got out and approached my front door. His truck was beeping... loudly, incessantly, so annoyingly. I asked him if he could turn the beeping off; he said no. I asked him what company he worked for, he insolently said, "look at the truck." I told him that I couldn't see the truck very well because it was too dark. He said, "oh well, I can't help you." I said, "you are at MY house, making a delivery at MY door, I demand to know who you work for." He said, "I'm not telling you."

Finally, my eyes adjusted to the dark and I saw the UPS logo on the truck. I exclaimed, "UPS!" The driver ignored me, walked back to the BEEPING truck, drove about 20 feet to my neighbor's house, the darn thing is STILL beeping, and he made another delivery and drove off. NEVER have I heard a UPS truck beep like that. And I receive a lot of deliveries.

Tonight, the same guy showed up, knocking at my door, at 9:30 at night. I answered the door, and he said he was here for a pickup. I said, "it's way too late for anyone to be knocking on my door, my dogs are going crazy, my baby is sleeping, this is not acceptable." His reply was, "I can actually come to your house as late as midnight."

WTF? Midnight? I'm a single mother with two small children and if anyone decides to knock on my door at midnight, they better expect me to answer the door ready to beat them bloody.

I said to him, "I don't have the pickup ready. Come back tomorrow, earlier." He gave me more attitude, and left. Just a back-talking, insolent, Mexican guy who looks like he's a gang member, in his early 20s. Disrespectful and rude, and while I understand that deliveries can be made late, I think it's really intrusive for someone to be coming for a pickup at 9:30 at night... or midnight, for that matter.

Honestly, if he had acted like a decent person, I really wouldn't be this mad. But to have such a rude, disrespectful attitude along with disturbing my house on two different nights, I want him to never come to my house again.

Please help; is it ok for him to keep the truck beeping the whole time? It beeped as he drove away. It beeped as he drove down the street and around the corner. And is it ok for him to come to my house for a pickup at 9:30 at night? What about midnight?

Just Wow!

If he had a call tag, which is a label to put on your package, than he is just doing his job.

If you sent in for a pickup, than that's on you, should have been ready, you sent the message for UPS to pick it up, once again doing his job!

Trust me some drivers would love for the public to complain more about UPS drivers being out to late!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It did thanks
Anytime.
ZlSKllUrgYnXq.gif

Re-Raise

You have time to seek out this site and post your rant...but you were unable to prepare your package to be picked up?

If you are legit, you are a jerk.

If you are a troll, you are a slightly funnier jerk.

The Driver

I drive.
Yeah, I'm upset when a beeping truck makes my dogs bark, which, in turn, wakes up my baby. Very upset.

Don't order anything, then. He can't help that "his truck" (it's not HIS truck) beeps. It annoys me, too.

UPS doesn't give a crap about your dog, your baby, or you. They are making service, fulfilling a promise to Amazon, Kohl's, Best Buy, whoever. The driver? He's exhausted. You have no idea how hard this job is, day in and day out, 11 hours, 12 hours a day.

Go away.

barnyard

KTM rider
You posted that you get A LOT of stuff delivered. Here's a tip: you attract more flies with sugar. Next time, have your pick up ready, sitting outside the door. Unless you are in a high crime neighborhood, a driver should NEVER have to knock for a return. It should be wherever the normal delivery point is, taped up, ready to go.

Don't give the driver a tip, but also do not make his job any harder. You have already done that, with a driver that obviously hates his job. You are on his radar. Good luck with all that.

Dhydratd

...UPS doesn't give a crap about your dog, your baby, or you.
They care even less about the driver. That's why he has such a bad attitude.
Do you think he wants to be out there that late? Nope, he wants to be home with his family like you. Unfortunately, UPS only cares about their shareholders. It's no longer about serving the customer or taking care of the employee, it's all about the $$$$.

bumped

I would have told you the name of the company and given you the phone number to complain. I don't want to be out there that late either. I'd be hoping you complain,

brownIEman

View attachment 167686
Why don't you complain about it at your next next Klan meeting, or tiki torch march.

Yeah, those sentences jumped out at me as well. If I'd been this drivers supervisor listening to this customer complaint once we got to this bit showing her to be a racist I'd have thanked her for using UPS and let her know I'd take care of it. Then her address would be put on will call and she'd be welcome to pack her kids up in the car and come down to the CC to pick up her stuff.

As upstate pointed out drivers are required to respond professionally to our customers but I never required mine to suffer racist a-holes.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I'm not a UPS driver; just a homeowner. Please help me.

A couple of nights ago, I was sitting on my balcony after putting my baby to bed. It was dark, and I noticed a large truck pull up in front of my house. A guy got out and approached my front door. His truck was beeping... loudly, incessantly, so annoyingly. I asked him if he could turn the beeping off; he said no. I asked him what company he worked for, he insolently said, "look at the truck." I told him that I couldn't see the truck very well because it was too dark. He said, "oh well, I can't help you." I said, "you are at MY house, making a delivery at MY door, I demand to know who you work for." He said, "I'm not telling you."

Finally, my eyes adjusted to the dark and I saw the UPS logo on the truck. I exclaimed, "UPS!" The driver ignored me, walked back to the BEEPING truck, drove about 20 feet to my neighbor's house, the darn thing is STILL beeping, and he made another delivery and drove off. NEVER have I heard a UPS truck beep like that. And I receive a lot of deliveries.

Tonight, the same guy showed up, knocking at my door, at 9:30 at night. I answered the door, and he said he was here for a pickup. I said, "it's way too late for anyone to be knocking on my door, my dogs are going crazy, my baby is sleeping, this is not acceptable." His reply was, "I can actually come to your house as late as midnight."

WTF? Midnight? I'm a single mother with two small children and if anyone decides to knock on my door at midnight, they better expect me to answer the door ready to beat them bloody.

I said to him, "I don't have the pickup ready. Come back tomorrow, earlier." He gave me more attitude, and left. Just a back-talking, insolent, Mexican guy who looks like he's a gang member, in his early 20s. Disrespectful and rude, and while I understand that deliveries can be made late, I think it's really intrusive for someone to be coming for a pickup at 9:30 at night... or midnight, for that matter.

Honestly, if he had acted like a decent person, I really wouldn't be this mad. But to have such a rude, disrespectful attitude along with disturbing my house on two different nights, I want him to never come to my house again.

Please help; is it ok for him to keep the truck beeping the whole time? It beeped as he drove away. It beeped as he drove down the street and around the corner. And is it ok for him to come to my house for a pickup at 9:30 at night? What about midnight?

Just a few things.....

The incessant beeping of the truck--It can be quieted by taking the dash off and putting tape over the source of the beep. There are 2 locations. Nearly silences them.

Racist much? Nothing like profiling a person you don't even know.

We don't like delivering late any more than someone likes us to. I have showed up for deliveries well after 10 pm in rural locations. Good way to get shot where I live.

If you call for a return label you knew we were coming. Have it ready and by the door for pickup. We will be sure to get it.

Most of the drivers are so slammed with a bulked out truck that they don't even have time to take piss. Trying holding it all day and see how good your attitude is.

OH...and it isn't all about you.

Last edited:

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
They care even less about the driver. That's why he has such a bad attitude.
Do you think he wants to be out there that late? Nope, he wants to be home with his family like you. Unfortunately, UPS only cares about their shareholders. It's no longer about serving the customer or taking care of the employee, it's all about the $$$$.
He doesn't have a family. According to the OP, he looked like a gang member. He was clearly upset because this job is getting in the way of being with his Mexican gang and doing all the gang-related activities they had planned that night! Won't someone save all the white girls of the world from the "insolent" gangsta UPS drivers?!?!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Simple solution:

Order fedex next time and make both of your lives easier.

Better yet, find your nearest Walmart.

U P* enjoy your OT pay, I'm not hourly & my subcontractors just have to make sure my pay is above the state minimum wage if I'm out thurr busting my :censored2: for 14 (recorded) hours a day.

I warned my customers already that I won't honk/ knock/ or ring a door bell after 8-9PM unless I need a signature. Unless it's Saturday night! Then I'm gonna honk the night away.

Also, if u have a indirect signature required package, I'll accept a note with your signature on the door as confirmation (u betta not call and complain afterwards or u will be on my :censored2: list)

To the OP, make a package shed out of free pallets and place that parcel bin at the end of the driveway. I have a few customers on my rural area that does this for "after hours" deliveries

GenericUsername

Not reading through all the pages, but how I do love my beeping truck. It annoys the piss out of the retirees. Plus, I get to make sure I do all the processes correctly late after they go to bed. 9 pm is most people's bedtime in the neighborhoods I'm at. If I'm over dispatched, oh well, not my deal. The truck beeps for the lights. I beep twice when I pull up to a stop and twice before I pull out. That's just the deal. I ring every doorbell regardless of hour as instructed. Our center manager said he'd rather deal with customer complaints of us honking horns and notifying customers of delivery than other issues. I took it to heart and won't have to ever worry about it again.

35years

Gravy route
I'm not a homeowner; just a UPS driver. Please help me.

A couple of nights ago, I pulled up in front of a house. Since it was late, I decided not to honk out of respect for the homeowner. I got out and approached the front door. The parking brake indicator beeper had been beeping all day... loudly, incessantly, so annoyingly. This racist woman screamed at me, calling me a gang banger, yelling at me from her balcony to turn the (friend)ing beeper off. She screamed so loud her dog started barking and her kid stated crying.

She said she was going to call in a complaint, screaming "you are at MY house, making a delivery at MY door, I demand to know who you (friend)ing
work for." Since she was completely disrespectful, calling me by a racist name I said, "I'm not telling you."

I ignored ignored her, walked back to the truck, drove about 20 feet to my next house so the beeping would not be so loud for her.

Last night, after working 12 1/2 strait hours at 9:30 at night I went to her door for a call tag. In her condescending voice she says: "it's way too late for anyone to be knocking on my door, my dogs are going crazy, my baby is sleeping, this is not acceptable." I respectfully respond: "I can actually come to your house as late as midnight."

She uses the friend word, threatening me, saying: "WTF? Midnight? I'm a single mother with two small children and if anyone decides to knock on my door at midnight, they better expect me to answer the door ready to beat them bloody. I don't have the pickup ready. Come back tomorrow, earlier." She calls me "a back-talking, insolent, Mexican guy who looks like he's a gang member, in his early 20s." So I leave.

Honestly, if she had acted like a decent person not having a racist disrespectful attitude I would have not slashed her tires and set her garage on fire.

Do you think I over-reacted?