*DISCHARGED*

KB24

So as of last Friday I was called into the office for a meeting because the previous day I failed to sheet up a planted "SALT Misload". I know that all misloads are to be sheeted up and sent in immediately or as soon as possible just as I always have since going back driving last August and acquiring my 30 days over peak. Long story short, forgetting to sheet a misload is NOT a dishonest act and is what I'm being discharged over. There was no "progressive discipline" involved (verbal warning, written warning,1 day suspension, 3-day etc) just a straight-up discharge until further notice. I've been with UPS for 12 years now. Needless to say I am absolutely Irate over this situation and want to take them for all they have. Filing for discrimination and harassment. Am I missing anything here?

Last edited:

KB24

I was back an icy lane and had trouble getting my truck out from the stop I had just completed so my concern was to get my truck out and safely back on the road before I sheeted it up but in the few minutes it took to do that I honestly just forgot about the misload and carried on with the next stop. Again, a completely honest mistake. I sometimes forget we work for a company that doesn't allow for any human-error. Ever

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So as of last Friday I was called into the office for a meeting because the previous day I failed to sheet up a planted "SALT Misload". I know that all misloads are to be sheeted up and sent in immediately or as soon as possible just as I always have since going back driving last August and acquiring my 30 days over peak. Long story short, forgetting to sheet a misload is NOT a dishonest act and is what I'm being discharged over. There was no "progressive discipline" involved (verbal warning, written warning,1 day suspension, 3-day etc) just a straight-up discharge until further notice. I've been with UPS for 12 years now. Needless to say I am absolutely Irate over this situation and want to take them for all they have. Filing for discrimination and harassment. Am I missing anything here?

maybe ground will hire you

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
12 years of worry free service from the OP & he didn't get progressive discipline ?

was there a target on his back ??

he should definitely fight this...

542thruNthru

Did you sheet the missload at all or did your management team find it in your truck?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Standards of Procedures: Corporations tend to fire employees on Friday..Gives them two days to apply mental hardship to the discharged victim, also Lawyers generally do not work weekends for the most part..Monday you will have your local hearing...Get a roll of duct tape before your hearing and wrap it around your mouth..Been there and done that.

Again .. The Central Supplement article (i) (Dishonesty) at it's finest.

Good luck..

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My sup confronted me the second I got back to building about the planted misload Thursday evening.
So you went the whole rest of your day, finishing your deliveries, making your pickups, etc, and never noticed that misload that you had "forgotten about" sitting on the shelf?

542thruNthru

My sup confronted me the second I got back to building about the planted misload Thursday evening. It wasn't sheeted at all because I honestly just forgot to...

Well this is the issue.
In UPS's eyes you should have sheeted it right away or at the very least sheeted it before returning to the building.

Not following the methods makes you look dishonest and that's what you were terminated for.