*DISCHARGED*

D

Deleted member 77202

So as of last Friday I was called into the office for a meeting because the previous day I failed to sheet up a planted "SALT Misload". I know that all misloads are to be sheeted up and sent in immediately or as soon as possible just as I always have since going back driving last August and acquiring my 30 days over peak. Long story short, forgetting to sheet a misload is NOT a dishonest act and is what I'm being discharged over. There was no "progressive discipline" involved (verbal warning, written warning,1 day suspension, 3-day etc) just a straight-up discharge until further notice. I've been with UPS for 12 years now. Needless to say I am absolutely Irate over this situation and want to take them for all they have. Filing for discrimination and harassment. Am I missing anything here?
You've been there 12 years, this is the first time you've messed up, and they're getting rid of you?

After 12 years, I would think that you know everyone there pretty well, so why would they do something so extreme to a long-time employee like yourself?

KB24

They've been 'salting' everyone since right before peak. And I was DQ'd about a year and a half ago for forgetting to call in a missed air package... but these are human errors in a company that only condones ABSOLUTE PERFECTION. Well nobody; no company, person, place or thing is ever perfect. I'm not the perfect employee, but I show up on time, I dont back-talk management, I respect my all my elders and management there, even if I don't agree with half the shi*. I respect it. To be fired so suddenly without progressive discipline over something THEY SET UP is absurd and unethical. It would never hold up in a real court system. Sad reality we live in

upschuck

And I was DQ'd about a year and a half ago for forgetting to call in a missed air package...
Guess you didn't learn your lesson the first time.
To be fired so suddenly without progressive discipline over something THEY SET UP is absurd and unethical. It would never hold up in a real court system. Sad reality we live in
Police set up stings all the time. Why would they do that if it wouldn't stand up in court?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
They've been 'salting' everyone since right before peak. And I was DQ'd about a year and a half ago for forgetting to call in a missed air package... but these are human errors in a company that only condones ABSOLUTE PERFECTION. Well nobody; no company, person, place or thing is ever perfect. I'm not the perfect employee, but I show up on time, I dont back-talk management, I respect my all my elders and management there, even if I don't agree with half the shi*. I respect it. To be fired so suddenly without progressive discipline over something THEY SET UP is absurd and unethical. It would never hold up in a real court system. Sad reality we live in
If they have been salting everybody why would you take chances

KB24

If they have been salting everybody why would you take chances
Unfortunately for me, I was not aware of all the salting. And the bitc* of it is a sup who I am close with gave me a heads up on certain other inside sups giving certain drivers a heads up on certain salted trucks. Now of course there's no proof but there's so many shady things that have gone down in my center it needs it's own reality show. That's for another day. But in all seriousness there's way more favoritism and/or shady business going on under our roof than any one center should have period. At this point They're playing dirty with me so it's about time I play that way as well.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You're stomping around acting all outraged, but I've yet to hear a good reason why you didn't call in that misroute.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Unfortunately for me, I was not aware of all the salting. And the bitc* of it is a sup who I am close with gave me a heads up on certain other inside sups giving certain drivers a heads up on certain salted trucks. Now of course there's no proof but there's so many shady things that have gone down in my center it needs it's own reality show. That's for another day. But in all seriousness there's way more favoritism and/or shady business going on under our roof than any one center should have period. At this point They're playing dirty with me so it's about time I play that way as well.
So when you found the missload it never crossed your mind you might be getting salted

quad decade guy

So you went the whole rest of your day, finishing your deliveries, making your pickups, etc, and never noticed that misload that you had "forgotten about" sitting on the shelf?

Sure. I forgot a few times. I had about 20 NDA that I had the loader leave on the floor in the back as it would be a rear door delivery. Well, I promptly forgot and saw them about 11:00 a.m.

All late.

Yes, we make mistakes. Unfortunately for the op, he was set up and played right into the trap. Assuming his story is true. Or perhaps this happens all the time with him. I do wonder which it is...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
FE46A08E-2245-49DD-8CC6-E6B9BCE38BC1.gif

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Sure. I forgot a few times. I had about 20 NDA that I had the loader leave on the floor in the back as it would be a rear door delivery. Well, I promptly forgot and saw them about 11:00 a.m.

All late.

Yes, we make mistakes. Unfortunately for the op, he was set up and played right into the trap. Assuming his story is true. Or perhaps this happens all the time with him. I do wonder which it is...
I missed the part where you forgot all about them til you got back to the building and your supervisor found them. Big difference between what you did and what he did.

AwashBwashCwash

OP messed up but let's be honest, at any normal company this would be treated as a learning situation and a prompt for more training.
To have your own employer set up a trap for you and then fire you over it really highlights how dysfunctional this place is.

quad decade guy

I missed the part where you forgot all about them til you got back to the building and your supervisor found them. Big difference between what you did and what he did.

I appreciate that. You just can't make these mistakes when Mgt. is gunning for you. Is it chicken poop? Yep. But you can't be stupid.

quad decade guy

OP messed up but let's be honest, at any normal company this would be treated as a learning situation and a prompt for more training.
To have your own employer set up a trap for you and then fire you over it really highlights how dysfunctional this place is.

Don't know about that. My very first job was a sack boy at a Safeway. The store mgr would leave open pkgs of cookies and such in the back as bait to see if you would take one. Promptly fire you. I was warned on my first day to steer clear. Very common.

Inputnamehere

Don't know about that. My very first job was a sack boy at a Safeway. The store mgr would leave open pkgs of cookies and such in the back as bait to see if you would take one. Promptly fire you. I was warned on my first day to steer clear. Very common.
Ok... well that’s also very different. These :censored2:ers are taking other people’s packages, loading them into the wrong truck- most likely causing their packages to be delivered later, maybe even the next day. That’s just not okay.

rod

Retired 22 years
Damn -- I would have been fired the first time I saw those cookies. I would give Cookie Monster a run for his money.