*DISCHARGED*

Poop Head

Judge me.
You are the hardest person to understand on BC
Yes. Thank you!!
This is a two-way street: As being in a "good" company without a union means consequences occur automatically/irrationally and they can do anything they want.
It turns out the thought process of working here forever serves as the key to break the habits that caused discipline to occur. A game.
Dude, are they doing IV hash now, where you're at??
That's KoennenTiger for me. I've given up on reading his posts.
Every @KoennenTiger post:
"I'm the greatest! I'm the best at my route! Everyone is :censored2: except for me! I'm so cool! I have eyes! I'm the best! My wife doesn't wear shoes!

Gaintain

This story doesn’t sound real. I’m guessing you’ve been a preloader for 12yrs and just went driving. So you did this within your 40days. They usually plant salt packages on probation drivers.
So yeah if this is the case...you’re disqualified.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Seriously.
He is out in deep center field with no sunglasses on
You are the hardest person to understand on BC
One reason I quit college was I was a straight A student for everything except english, or any form of writing for that matter. I flunked 8 whole years of writing classes even while everything else was going great.
Don't worry though, the real reason I quit college was because I had two local code monkeys: one who worked for Intel and another who worked for the now-deceased Yahoo rant about forced hours (they are paid a salary), incredibly boring desk work and arbitrary layoffs and terminations that tanked both of their salaries to as low as $30,000 a year. I make that much on the Preload.

Let's loop that back around:
Why the hell would anybody risk their job at UPS if they have a good chance of winning union grievances?
Even the dumbest repeat offender should see the writing on the wall that their safety net is eroding away. They're not just going to have another smoked package the very next day.

M

MenInBrown

So as of last Friday I was called into the office for a meeting because the previous day I failed to sheet up a planted "SALT Misload". I know that all misloads are to be sheeted up and sent in immediately or as soon as possible just as I always have since going back driving last August and acquiring my 30 days over peak. Long story short, forgetting to sheet a misload is NOT a dishonest act and is what I'm being discharged over. There was no "progressive discipline" involved (verbal warning, written warning,1 day suspension, 3-day etc) just a straight-up discharge until further notice. I've been with UPS for 12 years now. Needless to say I am absolutely Irate over this situation and want to take them for all they have. Filing for discrimination and harassment. Am I missing anything here?

Let it play out. Be patient and wait to see if the person who misloaded the pkg was fired. If not, hire an attorney and sue for discrimination and never work there again. Also has any other driver been fired for that? I doubt it. Stand your ground. File discrimination.

RolloTony Brown Town

So as of last Friday I was called into the office for a meeting because the previous day I failed to sheet up a planted "SALT Misload". I know that all misloads are to be sheeted up and sent in immediately or as soon as possible just as I always have since going back driving last August and acquiring my 30 days over peak. Long story short, forgetting to sheet a misload is NOT a dishonest act and is what I'm being discharged over. There was no "progressive discipline" involved (verbal warning, written warning,1 day suspension, 3-day etc) just a straight-up discharge until further notice. I've been with UPS for 12 years now. Needless to say I am absolutely Irate over this situation and want to take them for all they have. Filing for discrimination and harassment. Am I missing anything here?

I never salted any of my drivers... unless I suspected they weren’t sending misload messages in or not sheeting. Check in audits are an easy way to catch you with your pants down. Your manager and supervisor could be a couple of asshats. who knows..

generally management doesn’t chase guys doing the right thing.

So what really happened? They made you deliver misloads you sent in before... you stopped sending misload messages in... BOOM gotcha! You’ll get your job back. Be smarter next time. Learn how to play the game.

22.34life

You see a lot of cases like this at the panel.might not be real dishonesty but the company has taken the position it is.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Find it/ them on route ~ on.the.clock ~
If they're blatantly salting the loads like he claims then why not beat them at their own games?

They already know it's not going to a customer for that day, so play the game smartly and WAD of wut to do with it/them via diad messages