Disciplinary action already....in cab cameras.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If they never say anything to you, what would be the contract violation assuming they’re approved (which I hope they’re not)? And I’m not 100% sure because I haven’t seen how the Inward facing camera works, I’ve only heard it doesn’t record actual video, but tracks movement? I have seen the presentation on the outward facing camera shows UPS driver avoiding crashes and not running over little kids blah blah blah supposed to protect you if you’re in an accident. Most likely just to protect UPS.

What you describe is automated supervision, all the time for at least half of your working day. I don't care if the union approves of it or not. It doesn't change the fact that it is over-supervision harassment.

Whither

Scofflaw
Yes because there are different classes of people. That's what this is about and don't you forget it. Oh yeah don't forget that whip will be in front of your face every waking minute.
Exactly. Since Carol Tome (aka Swizzle - here's looking at you @NAHimGOOD) is all about inclusion, let's get a camera on her and her corporate chiefs so we can observe their every move in the office too

Thebrownblob

What you describe is automated supervision, all the time for at least half of your working day. I don't care if the union approves of it or not. It doesn't change the fact that it is over-supervision harassment.
Telematics is automated supervision. And harassing as well.. Why was your door open? why was your seatbelt off?, why did you have back first? Why did you run the stop sign?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Telematics is automated supervision. And harassing as well.. Why was your door open? why was your seatbelt off?, why did you have back first? Why did you run the stop sign?

I agree with you there. I also knew telematics was there when I took the job, and if cameras were already installed I would never have started working at UPS and would currently have nearly twenty years in another field. I think there's a line that gets crossed going from collecting data about a vehicle's movements to tracking every motion a person makes.

Thebrownblob

I agree with you there. I also knew telematics was there when I took the job, and if cameras were already installed I would never have started working at UPS and would currently have nearly twenty years in another field. I think there's a line that gets crossed going from collecting data about a vehicle's movements to tracking every motion a person makes.

I get it, i’m right there with you I do the job too it seems like they want to make this job as miserable as possible.

Thebrownblob

We don't know that, and, ultimately, that's not the point. The point is, we have got to quit excusing the company's harassment techniques.
There’s no excusing. The reality is we won’t get to decide this, and hopefully we won’t have to live with it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We don't know that, and, ultimately, that's not the point. The point is, we have got to quit excusing the company's harassment techniques.

More like people have to stop degrading themselves to the point that they are ok with being treated like animals, with no dignity.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
There’s no excusing. The reality is we won’t get to decide this, and hopefully we won’t have to live with it.

We can decide it if our newly elected union representation does what they say they are going to do, and we strike over it if the company doesn't budge. Failing that, I will fight it toot and nail until the company gives me the boot.

Thebrownblob

We can decide it if our newly elected union representation does what they say they are going to do, and we strike over it if the company doesn't budge. Failing that, I will fight it toot and nail until the company gives me the boot.
The fact that they’re putting them in the trucks already says to me there’s probably some sort of agreement, or decision that has been made elsewhere that the company feels confident about. I know the freight teamsters have forward facing camera‘s.

Whither

Scofflaw
Collectively, and that's no small adverb here, we have sold ourselves short.

As a lifelong cynic, I'm always attracted the dues-paying cynics in our brotherhood. The problem at my building anyway, is, these brothers and sisters usually cop out, don't learn the book, don't file, don't stand up for themselves. Strong unions are built from the ground up, by people who have had enough, and refuse to be treated like "red-headed stepchildren" and are ready to put themselves, and their livelihoods, on the line.

Thebrownblob

Collectively, and that's no small adverb here, we have sold ourselves short.

As a lifelong cynic, I'm always attracted the dues-paying cynics in our brotherhood. The problem at my building anyway, is, these brothers and sisters usually cop out, don't learn the book, don't file, don't stand up for themselves. Strong unions are built from the ground up, by people who have had enough, and refuse to be treated like "red-headed stepchildren" and are ready to put themselves, and their livelihoods, on the line.
I agree, although I think this issue will get lost in the shuffle of part-timers getting raises, 22.4‘s getting fixed, pension and insurance, and no forced Saturdays and maybe Sundays.